Windows 10: Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with...

Discus and support Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with your microsoft account. Most likely your password has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kjl1956, Jul 10, 2018.

1. kjl1956 Win User

Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with...

Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with your microsoft account.

Most likely your password has changed, select here to fix it in shared experiences settings.

Every time I start the device on a local account now this message on my first login.

Placed this pc on a local account because of issues with background updates failing to install

or remove depreciated programs; found in event viewer.

Os win10 64x 1802 build 17134.137, 8gb ddr3, amd 6x phenom 2 stock 800mhz to 2.8 ghz (3.3 ghz turbo),

creative x-fi fatal1ty (first gen),logitech keyboard mouse combo, dvd burner.

Run sfc/scannow and minor issues of corruption fixed with windows update and reboot, but still getting the

above mentioned account issue.Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with... [​IMG]

:)

kjl1956, Jul 10, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with... :(

Zakin, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with...

Mindweaver, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with...

1. Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with... - Similar Threads - Going microsoft account

2. Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account: Hi, I've been trying to change my local account to a Microsoft account on Windows 10, but I haven't been able to do so. No option appears saying "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". In the "Your info" section (Settings > Accounts > Your info), it displays my current...
  3. Microsoft account or local account ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account or local account ?: Because i am keep getting microsoft account problem every day, i am planning to start login with local account instead microsoft account. Before i change to local account i would like to ask some question here. 1. What windows feature will be lost if i am not using mc...
  4. Microsoft account or local account ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft account or local account ?: Because i am keep getting microsoft account problem every day, i am planning to start login with local account instead microsoft account. Before i change to local account i would like to ask some question here. 1. What windows feature will be lost if i am not using mc...
  5. Problems with Local (NOT Microsoft Account) Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with Local (NOT Microsoft Account) Password: 1. There is no option to change the password when I press CTRL-ALT-DELETE. 2. When I try to change the password using Windows 10 Settings, I can only change the password to my Microsoft account, not the password I use to log into the laptop. 3. My account is an...
  6. Microsoft Account vs. Local Account

Microsoft Account vs. Local Account: Primary user here on this computer...if I set up PC as a Local Account do I need a password? I use Outlook as my mail server. Will I have to enter my Microsoft Account password to use Outlook if I initially set up PC as a local account. Basically I want to boot up not...
  7. How to remove microsoft account from local account

How to remove microsoft account from local account: I logged into a windows program with my email not knowign it would log into the whole accouint for me i want to remove the email thats connected to ym local account is that possible? 53040
  8. Local and Microsoft account

Local and Microsoft account: Can you have a different name for the local and Microsoft account? 91688
  9. changing accounts from local to Microsoft?

changing accounts from local to Microsoft?: Just a quick question: I have an old netbook on which I have always signed in to a local account, and this is an administrator account. If I want to sign in with my Microsoft account instead, would it still be an administrator account? And would I still be able to use all the...
  10. local account/Microsoft account

local account/Microsoft account: I have been using Windows 10 for about a week. I set up two accounts - one administrator, the other regular user. When attempting to update Windows 10, I got a message saying because I did not login a Microsoft account, some updates couldn't be downloaded. So, I had to create...