Windows 10: Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with...

Discus and support Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with your microsoft account. Most likely your password has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kjl1956, Jul 10, 2018.

1. kjl1956 Win User

Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with...

Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with your microsoft account.

Most likely your password has changed, select here to fix it in shared experiences settings.

Every time I start the device on a local account now this message on my first login.

Placed this pc on a local account because of issues with background updates failing to install

or remove depreciated programs; found in event viewer.

Os win10 64x 1802 build 17134.137, 8gb ddr3, amd 6x phenom 2 stock 800mhz to 2.8 ghz (3.3 ghz turbo),

creative x-fi fatal1ty (first gen),logitech keyboard mouse combo, dvd burner.

Run sfc/scannow and minor issues of corruption fixed with windows update and reboot, but still getting the

above mentioned account issue.Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with... [​IMG]

:)

kjl1956, Jul 10, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with... :(

Zakin, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with...

Mindweaver, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with...

1. Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with... - Similar Threads - Going microsoft account

2. Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.: Hello, I just set up Windows 10 on my new laptop, but when I finished the set up and started to use it in the settings my account was labelled as a Lokal account. When I click on login I only get a error message that there was a problem with nothing else. It’s seems like the...
  3. Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.: Hello, I just set up Windows 10 on my new laptop, but when I finished the set up and started to use it in the settings my account was labelled as a Lokal account. When I click on login I only get a error message that there was a problem with nothing else. It’s seems like the...
  4. Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Going from local to Microsoft account for log in with Win 11

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Going from local to Microsoft account for log in with Win 11: My local Win 10 log in password is different from my Microsoft account password. A long time ago I used the netplwiz function to not have to enter a password when logging into Windows. I tried that function today and although the app pops up, there is no longer a block there...
  6. Local account won't go to Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local account won't go to Microsoft account.: [ATTACH] When I try to change that pops up and I have no other account. I also removed any sign-ins. If you can help me thank you. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-account-wont-go-to-microsoft-account/8501aa0e-94b7-467f-a011-0dfbfd24256d
  7. Microsoft account problem message

Microsoft account problem message: Hi , We need to fix your Microsoft account. I keep getting this message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-problem-message/7c081750-d66f-491b-a381-583b6fbf744b
  8. Change from Microsoft Account to Local Account

Change from Microsoft Account to Local Account: Hi, When i first start up my new laptop, I used Microsoft Account to sign in and install all the program and apps including Microsoft Office. Now if I would like to change to Local Account, are the program and apps will remain the same or I will still need to install again?...
  9. Unlink Microsoft Account from Local Account

Unlink Microsoft Account from Local Account: I have been using my computer without a linked Microsoft account on the main local account (this one has different settings compared to any other accounts I create) and I recently signed into a Microsoft app (specifically the Xbox app) to be able to use the game bar. This...
  10. Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account

Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account: Hi, I've been trying to change my local account to a Microsoft account on Windows 10, but I haven't been able to do so. No option appears saying "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". In the "Your info" section (Settings > Accounts > Your info), it displays my current...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft account problem we need to fix your microsoft account-most likely your password has been changed

2. problem moving from local to microsoft account