Windows 10: Going from win10 to win7 - how, precisely

Discus and support Going from win10 to win7 - how, precisely in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So the primary issue is this: My motherboard is old enough that there are no windows 10 drivers for it. I did get everything running smoothly at one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kaptin Keen, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Going from win10 to win7 - how, precisely

So the primary issue is this: My motherboard is old enough that there are no windows 10 drivers for it.

I did get everything running smoothly at one point, but have no clue how, and now it honestly seems easier to downgrade to 7, where drivers exist and so on.

How do I do this? Primarily, how do I do it without losing all my data?

:)

Kaptin Keen, Aug 19, 2016

2. Going back to Win7 from Win10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Yes you can get back to Windows 10 as "Windows 10 will be a free upgrade for a limited time as long as you’re running Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1.

You may take a look at the following Wiki byAndre Da Costa:

How to reserve your
    free upgrade to Windows 10

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you further.

Thanks.

Mohammed Yaseer, Aug 19, 2016
  3. BobYearty Win User
    Going back to Win7 from Win10

I know I have a month to go back to W7 if I desire. In my install of Win10 I didn't do some things that I have since researched and would like a do-over with the install of 10. If I go back to Win 7 then can I eventually get back to Win 10?

BobYearty, Aug 19, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

Going from win10 to win7 - how, precisely

As far as I know, you can only do a clean install of 7.

You'd have to copy your data to a non-OS drive. (That could be another partition on the same physical drive, although you'd have to be careful to not lose it.) Installed programs and settings would be lost.

Worth it?

bobkn, Aug 19, 2016
  5. Oh yea. Right now, my machine crashes on a near-constant basis. This isn't really a choice. Either I get a new motherboard - one with win10 drivers - or I go back to 7. No discussion possible.

How about ... dual boot? Something akin to that?

I mean, I have no important data. It's mostly a question of downloading and installing all my steam games again.

Oh, and also windows update doesn't seem to work in windows 7. Is that ... normal?

Kaptin Keen, Aug 19, 2016
  6. Dual-boot isn't going to provide you the capability of migrating apps from Win10 to Win7, and if your PC continues to crash "on a near-constant basis", that won't be any better than you have now.

Laplink does make a product that allows you to "migrate" apps, data, and setting from one OS to another, but you would have to buy it, and would need to do some research on their site to figure out which version you need: http://www.laplink.com/index.php/ind...ature-overview

Mark Phelps, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Going from win10 to win7 - how, precisely

1. Going from win10 to win7 - how, precisely - Similar Threads - Going win10 win7

2. problem upgrade from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem upgrade from win7 to win10: Install of Windows 10 fails in SAFE_OS during REPLICATE_OC 0x8007001F - 0x20006 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-upgrade-from-win7-to-win10/786ad7bb-b0d8-4a6f-81c1-7898c27765d8
  3. Problem updating from WIN7 to WIN10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem updating from WIN7 to WIN10: I have a Dell computer from 2011. I'm trying to upgrade from WIN7 to WIN10.I got an error message when trying to run the MediaCreationTool21H2.exe. It says to reference the error code 0X80072F8F - 0X20000. Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  4. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  5. upgrade problems from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade problems from win7 to win10: Hi, Having some issues upgrading a windows 7 system to windows 10. Ran the MS upgrade using mediacreationtool1909.exe on an older AMD processor (Athlon II X2 250 3.00ghz 32 bit) and the supporting motherboard, no other devices. It ran for awhile and then failed with this...
  6. upgrading from win7 to win10

upgrading from win7 to win10: I can't find HP ProtectTools Device Access Manager to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win7-to-win10/f289a046-d68b-471b-8f6f-de8ed5ccafa6
  7. Retrying win10 upgrade from win7

Retrying win10 upgrade from win7: I accidently downloaded and tried to install the 32 bit version. My system is 64 bit. The download/install goes through the steps until it gets to 27%. I've tried three times It stops the install and resets the system back to win7. The error code is "0x8007005-0x2000A...
  8. Cannot Go back to Win7 from Win10

Cannot Go back to Win7 from Win10: When i navigate to settings>Recovery>Go back to Win 7, I click the "Get Started" button but nothing opens or occurs at all. I am the only account on the PC with full admin rights. Attached is a screenshot of my user list [img] 57537
  9. How to ROLL BACK from Win10 to Win7?

How to ROLL BACK from Win10 to Win7?: I've decided not to use Win10 and wish to roll back to the original Win7 that was on the drive. Win10 has the old system backed up to the Windows.old directory...but is there a tool or application in Win10 to initiate the roll back? I know I can wipe and reload or use my...
  10. Upgrading from win7 to win10

Upgrading from win7 to win10: Hello, I have 4 PCs; I was able to upgrade 3, but the fourth one the desktop I couldn't upgrade it. I followed all the workarounds and solution were offered I downloaded the Windows Creation Tool and still cannot update. What should I do? 13716