Windows 10: going insane with pc

Discus and support going insane with pc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently updated my cpu fan/heatsink from a stock one to a hyper 212x. Since doing this I am get blue screen of death, different error code each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by homer2067, Sep 27, 2017.

1. homer2067 Win User

going insane with pc

I recently updated my cpu fan/heatsink from a stock one to a hyper 212x. Since doing this I am get blue screen of death, different error code each time. Most of the time 0x0000000e, or system thread cannot be handled. I cant get windows to load anymore, neither can boot from a system repair disk or windows 10 dvd. I manage to get mem test working so run for 15 passes with no problems. I have also run diagnostic software on all my hardware with no complaints. I have unplug my memory one by one and tried each one on it own. I have unplugged all my extra drives and left only my windows ssd plugged in. I have tried installing win 10 to a different harddrive. I even made an old harddrive a bootable version of win 10 so i could unplugged my bluray cd rom. Nothing works. I am going insane, i have tried for 3 days now unplugging different things, plugging them back in no joy. I did add 2x4gb to my system few weeks back and it run like a dream. I also replaced my graphics card with a evga 1050ti, it was running fine, in fact more fps than my old card. Please, please can anybody help, i dont want to take to repair shop mainly because how much it costs and i dont have the money to do it. My pc was running perfect until i installed new heatsink, never had bsod before, maybe once or twice over nearly 3 years ago since i built it. I want my pc sorted if possible soon, new cod out lol. help, help, help!!!

spec: amd 8350, 16gb 1866mhz crucial balistic mem, evga 1050ti, gigabyte 990fx ud3 motherboard, 240gb sandisk 2 ssd, 120gb sandisk ssd, 1tb western digital hd, samsumg bluray rom, fan controller, 850w power,

:)

homer2067, Sep 27, 2017
  2. M JWuertz Win User

Going insane

Help me with this & I will leave you along. Used Sidesync and it worked but not on my phone. It wasn't compatibility. I knew there had to be way and there I found different sites but (you guessed it) I did not understand them. My phone is Droid Mini
    by Motorola.

M JWuertz, Sep 27, 2017
  3. Going insane

What is the make and model of your device?

Andre Da Costa, Sep 27, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

going insane with pc

Recheck your installation of your CPU cooler or better yet start from scratch with it. Power down and remove CPU cooler, next is to remove all thermal paste making sure that the CPU is clean. Now check the bracket mounting system to make sure that it's correctly and firmly attached. Then check for any residue of thermal paste on mobo. If all checks out....then reapply thermal paste (I prefer the dot method) and reattach CPU cooler.

Plankton, Sep 27, 2017
  5. swarfega Win User
    Did you reapply the thermal paste after removing the stock heatsink? Need to clean and then apply it before mounting the 212. Some after market coolers come with thermal paste pre-applied but you still need to clean the old goop off the cpu.

swarfega, Sep 27, 2017
  6. homer2067 Win User
    yep i cleaned cpu with 97% alcohol, checked cooler, fan, heatsink etc, its actually running my pc at 18c when idle, use to be 36/37c, it seems to be doing job well. so do you think taking it off and trying again will make any difference. am going crazy here its like someone cut my arms off lol *Smile. i am just running memtest again, it says my ram only 1066, but it states 1866 on actual memory, if i try up the multiplier in bios from 6.67 to 9 if reloads defaults in bios back down to 1334mhz , it use to run at 1866 before all this. thxs David

homer2067, Sep 27, 2017
  7. Plankton Win User
    Set your XMP setting in your BIOS to profile 1 and that should fix that for you. What is your RAM make/model? You can use HWinfo64 to find that info.

[youtube]hE76PEpSp1I[/youtube]

Plankton, Sep 27, 2017
  8. homer2067 Win User

going insane with pc

Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB Kit (4GBx4) DDR3 1866 MT/s (PC3-14900) UDIMM 240-Pin - BLT2CP4G3D1869DT2TXOBCEU had first 2 sticks for 3 years bought 2 more from amazon few weeks ago was running fine, its running at 1866 now, its driving me mad i am usually good at this sort of thing but just dont get it, the only thing i havent tried is removing new cooler and trying it again

homer2067, Sep 27, 2017
  9. Plankton Win User
    That stop error code refers to hardware or driver issues. Now my questions are: Are you running both sets of RAM sticks and are both sets Identical?

Plankton, Sep 27, 2017
  10. homer2067 Win User
    yep both sets ram identical same make model etc i bought 2 together over 2 yrs ago, got 2 more from amazon in same seal pack few weeks ago, both sets got same stickers on with same info, had to get a magnifying glass out to read them lol i tried each stick in pc on there own still got same result. i am finding now that when i boot win 10 install it now starts installing then just fails gives black screen and resets, its driving me crazy.

homer2067, Sep 27, 2017
  11. swarfega Win User
    Try running with one stick for a while. If it still does it, change to another ram slot on the motherboard.

swarfega, Sep 27, 2017
  12. homer2067 Win User
    took hyper 212x off cleaned cpu and cooler put it back on same problem, tried each stick memory on there own in each slot, still no joy, dont know where to go from here *Sad bios says cpu running at 13-16c temp

homer2067, Sep 29, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

going insane with pc

Please update the specs in the "My Computer" section:

How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Please include PSU, cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wireless or wired (mouse, keyboard, printer, headset, xbox, etc.)

1) Run thorough all of the steps in this link:
    POST troubleshooting steps

2) Reset the bios:
    How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings:
    How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings
    Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow:
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow

3) Which memtest did you run? If possible please run Memtest86+ version 5.01 for 8 or more passes and post results into the thread.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    Memory problems. - Microsoft Community
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM Windows 10 BSOD Tutorials

4) Use a camera or smart phone camera to take a picture of the Memtest86+ version 5.01 results and post an image into the thread.

5) If you can disassemble the heat sink please use a camera to take pictures of the heat sink and motherboard. Using one drive or drop box post share links into the thread.

6) Create a bootable Ubuntu flash drive and see if you can boot and run HD Sentinel (free edition, or trial edition) on the drive.
    Ubuntu tutorials
    Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring

7) Please change the bios boot order and attempt to boot using the Windows 10 iso in each USB2 and USB3 ports and post the results into the thread.
    Download Windows 10

zbook, Sep 29, 2017
  14. homer2067 Win User
    I have updated specs *Smile

homer2067, Sep 29, 2017
  15. homer2067 Win User
    OMG! got new problem now, if i put 1 stick memory in slot 1 and go into bios it says its in slot 4? mad or what? now if i have 4 sticks in, memtest is saying there is only 8gb available instead of 16gb, if i swap stick 1 and 2 with 3 and 4 it still says 8gb, but bios still report 16gb. Ive tried all 4 stick in slot 1 and 2 and they seem fine, but if i put in 3 and 4 it says no memory, so i am now leaning towards a broken motherboard, what does anybody think? also while in memtest if i press f2 it resets the pc after a short while, if i press f1 it runs fine, could my processor be broke too? seems when more that 1core is used it resets, please help, do i have to go and buy new motherboard and processor any help would be appreciated totally, i am going mad here without my pc thxs

homer2067, Sep 29, 2017
Thema:

going insane with pc

1. going insane with pc - Similar Threads - going insane

2. Please Help Stop Win 11 Taskbar Popups Before I Go Insane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Help Stop Win 11 Taskbar Popups Before I Go Insane: Every time my cursor goes anywhere near the taskbar in Win 11, a full bar of popup windows appears and blocks the bottom quarter of my screen. They take forever to go away. I can't figure out how to make them stop. It's killing my productivity and my sanity. I am using Start...
  3. Please Help Stop Win 11 Taskbar Popups Before I Go Insane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please Help Stop Win 11 Taskbar Popups Before I Go Insane: Every time my cursor goes anywhere near the taskbar in Win 11, a full bar of popup windows appears and blocks the bottom quarter of my screen. They take forever to go away. I can't figure out how to make them stop. It's killing my productivity and my sanity. I am using Start...
  4. Pleae help Stop Win 11 Taskbar Popups before I go insane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pleae help Stop Win 11 Taskbar Popups before I go insane: Every time my cursor goes anywhere near the taskbar in Win 11, a full bar of popup windows appears and blocks the bottom quarter of my screen. They take forever to go away. I can't figure out how to make them stop. It's killing my productivity and my sanity. I am using Start...
  5. Pleae help Stop Win 11 Taskbar Popups before I go insane

Pleae help Stop Win 11 Taskbar Popups before I go insane: Every time my cursor goes anywhere near the taskbar in Win 11, a full bar of popup windows appears and blocks the bottom quarter of my screen. They take forever to go away. I can't figure out how to make them stop. It's killing my productivity and my sanity. I am using Start...
  6. PLZZ SOMEONW HELP ME W/ THESE STUPID FAMILY FEATURES OR IM GOING TO GO INSANE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLZZ SOMEONW HELP ME W/ THESE STUPID FAMILY FEATURES OR IM GOING TO GO INSANE: Haii I got this computer not too long ago and I have an issue and it's about the " family features " thing. normally I use google chrome and stuff but I can't bc it says I need to ask to use it and the same goes w/ some other apps . I know my dad didn't put it on here bc I...
  7. PLZZ SOMEONW HELP ME W/ THESE STUPID FAMILY FEATURES OR IM GOING TO GO INSANE

PLZZ SOMEONW HELP ME W/ THESE STUPID FAMILY FEATURES OR IM GOING TO GO INSANE: Haii I got this computer not too long ago and I have an issue and it's about the " family features " thing. normally I use google chrome and stuff but I can't bc it says I need to ask to use it and the same goes w/ some other apps . I know my dad didn't put it on here bc I...
  8. Is there any way to get the Microsoft YourPhone app to work without me going insane from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to get the Microsoft YourPhone app to work without me going insane from...: I have been trying for ELEVEN not an exaggeration - ELEVEN goddamn months trying to connect my phone. NOT ONCE has it ever worked. It repeatedly takes me in circles with the stupid QR codes. My phone says I am connected. My phone has the link to windows app. It REFUSES to...
  9. Is there any way to get the Microsoft YourPhone app to work without me going insane from...

Is there any way to get the Microsoft YourPhone app to work without me going insane from...: I have been trying for ELEVEN not an exaggeration - ELEVEN goddamn months trying to connect my phone. NOT ONCE has it ever worked. It repeatedly takes me in circles with the stupid QR codes. My phone says I am connected. My phone has the link to windows app. It REFUSES to...
  10. my computer does not recognize headset no matter what and I'm going insane, I tried every...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my computer does not recognize headset no matter what and I'm going insane, I tried every...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/h8m8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v6diq2/my_computer_does_not_recognize_headset_no_matter/