Windows 10: Going into Sleep Mode "breaks" headphone output

Discus and support Going into Sleep Mode "breaks" headphone output in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey there, I made a post a few days ago about an issue with my headphones with Windows 10, and couldn't pin down the issue. Well, recently I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by elemein, Sep 21, 2016.

1. elemein Win User

Going into Sleep Mode "breaks" headphone output

Hey there, I made a post a few days ago about an issue with my headphones with Windows 10, and couldn't pin down the issue.

Well, recently I figured it out.

My issue is that after my computer goes to sleep, when I power it back on, there will be no output from the headphone jack no matter what. This doesn't happen in Linux or Windows 8.1, just Windows 10.

I've tried many different drivers and a different BIOS, and no fix.

Restarting the computer doesnt rememdy the issue, but shutting it down and then booting it again does.

Has anyone heard of this issue before? Is there any solution to it?

:)

elemein, Sep 21, 2016

2. Why Headphones are working only after waking up from sleep ?

The symptom of your concern is the sleep mode, it renders your computer in hibernation status. This is the reason why your headphones will not receive audio output.

Johann Eva, Sep 21, 2016
  3. Trinity_W Win User
    Bluetooth Headset interferes with flash/HTML5

I got a new pair of IJOY LOGO bluetooth headphones the other day. I tried connecting them like my old headphones and everything was fine, for a while. But i changed from "Hands free mode" to "stereo mode" in my audio output (Hands free mode was muffled
    and echoey) and all videos and audio playback stopped. I could hear other sounds just fine, but everything else stopped. I am using Win 10 64 bit on an ASUS laptop.

Trinity_W, Sep 21, 2016
Thema:

Going into Sleep Mode "breaks" headphone output

1. Going into Sleep Mode "breaks" headphone output - Similar Threads - Going Sleep Mode

2. PC not going into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC not going into sleep mode: For some reason over the past couple of days my pc won't go into sleep mode despite the fact that I have set the screen and the pc to go off after 10 minutes. It isn't working either when I click on 'Shut Down or Sign Out' and then choose 'Sleep'. When I do that it...
  3. Computer will not go into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will not go into sleep mode: Please Help!!! My HP All In One 24-f0xx will not go into sleep mode by itself. The hard drive keeps running. If you select power then sleep that function works. I have updated all the drivers and changed the sleep mode option No Help. I have also ran SFC no issues found. In...
  4. PC going to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC going to sleep mode: From time to time, I have a YouTube video playing (via Google Chrome), and walk away from my PC. The videos are usually 8-10 hours long. I have noticed that the PC will still go to sleep mode. Any idea why? Thanks submitted by /u/circatee [link] [comments]...
  5. Computer will not go into sleep mode

Computer will not go into sleep mode: Computer will not go into sleep mode. I have tried everything and adjusted everything and it will not sleep. The monitor does go into sleep mode, but the computer will not. I have adjusted all the settings in power and sleep section and nothing works. This just started a few...
  6. System is not going to Sleep Mode

System is not going to Sleep Mode: System is not going to Sleep Mode. I have tried all options in both Control Panel and Settings yet the problem is unresolved. System is waking up within 5 Seconds....
  7. Monitor will not go to sleep mode

Monitor will not go to sleep mode: pc will not go into sleep mode. get message "input signal not found. check video cable and video source." how correct problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-will-not-go-to-sleep-mode/e39ea554-f741-4167-8c20-1d7e9313ef9f
  8. computer going into sleep mode,

computer going into sleep mode,: I have to reboot to fix. Lexapro PC goes black in the middle of working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-going-into-sleep-mode/1b3ee20d-4486-45a2-a519-08daef97d341
  9. Going into Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Going into Sleep mode: Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the...
  10. Going into Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Going into Sleep mode: Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. going to sleep with headphones