Windows 10: Going to artist page from album displays no songs, shows "Sorry, these songs aren't...

Discus and support Going to artist page from album displays no songs, shows "Sorry, these songs aren't... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a bunch of mix albums, in which I have songs from different artists. In WMP, if I wanted to listen to a single artist from that album, I'd just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by knuxfanwin8, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Going to artist page from album displays no songs, shows "Sorry, these songs aren't...

I have a bunch of mix albums, in which I have songs from different artists. In WMP, if I wanted to listen to a single artist from that album, I'd just go to the Artists view and pick the artists, then get all their songs. In Groove however, these aslbums just appear as "Various Artists". Going to the artist page from the albums moves me onto a blank page with the artist's name, and a bunch of buttons (Play all, add to, etc.).

Is there any way to listen to a single artist's songs without having to move my mix to a playlist?

Windows Version: Windows 10 Home version 1803, build 17134.167

Groove version: 10.18061.1181.0

:)

knuxfanwin8, Jul 23, 2018

2. Is it possible to sort by "song artist" instead of "Album Artist" in the Music + Videos hub?

I eventually worked out that the "artist" tab (music + videos hub then music) uses the "Album Artist" from a song's metadata, and that artists which are not album artists but are song artists are not listed there. This is frustrating when an artist's songs
    are only present in a multiartist album (e.g. compilations) as it means that the songs are only accesible via the album or "various artists" then "[album name]". Curiously, if there are songs which have the artists listed as the album artist, then songs which
    have that artist as their song artist but not album artist will appear under "[Artist Name]" the "Songs".

I'm not sure how much sense that made, so let me give some examples. I have the Brit Awards 2011 album. By default, all the songs on it have "Various Artist" (sic) as their "Album Artist" and the actual artists name as their "Song Artist", e.g. Robyn's song
    Dancing On My Own has "Various Artist" as album artist and "Robyn" as song artist. However, under the artist list on WP7 (and in the sort by artists thing on zune player, but that's not quite so annoying) Robyn is not listed, even though if I click on her
    name when the song is playing it takes me to a "Robyn" page.

On the same album (Brit Awards 2011) there is a song by "Xx", called "Islands". Because I have other songs by Xx with "Xx" as their "Album Artist", "Xx" appears under the "Artists" menu, and when I click on them and swipe left all the songs, including "Islands"
    are listed there.

This creates some frustrating and counter-intuitive situations, and I can't find any ways to customize it. Does anyone have any ideas? I tried changing the album artist to be the same as the song artist, but that makes the album appear many, many times in the
    Album view.

pointsofdata, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Groove won't display media info (album name, artist, song length)

Okay, so Windows Media Player (WMP) and Groove are both using the same library to gather their songs (does that automatically). WMP is able to gather the information such as album name, artist, genre, etc and display/organize accordingly for ALL songs. Groove
    only does this for <10% of my songs. Groove therefore has thousands of songs listed as "Unknown artist/genre/album" and can't properly organize. Additionally, it lists the song length for all of these songs as 0:00, but they all play fine. For example:

2 different Ed Sheeran songs from album (+)

C:\...\Music\Ed Sheeran\+\The A Team.mp3

listed as all "Unknown's" in Groove except for song name

C:\...\Music\Ed Sheeran\+\Drunk.mp3

properly displays all metadata, organized appropriately

Screengrab: - all the songs listed as 0:00 play fine, and show some form of album artwork, usually incorrect because so many artists/albums mixed together

Going to artist page from album displays no songs, shows "Sorry, these songs aren't... a067d7dd-a9b7-4f28-962c-b48da90e2a6b.jpg

Another example (here you see album artwork-incorrect- in lower left, song is playing, correct length, proper path, etc):

Going to artist page from album displays no songs, shows "Sorry, these songs aren't... 04bb844e-3426-4239-a468-40ad71701661.jpg

What I have tried/verified so far:

Automatic media retrieval is on (and I have toggled it)

Individually adding artist's within music folder as their own libraries - does not work

Signing out and back in, restarting PC

Ran the app troubleshooter, no problems identified

Searched this forum for similar issues/solutions to no avail

I am running the most recent version of Win10, but have had this issue since the start. Would like to transition off of WMP, hence finally posting here. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

kazzykaz13, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Going to artist page from album displays no songs, shows "Sorry, these songs aren't...

Zune Music Hub - Change to Song Artist from ALbum Artist

Currently, when in the music hub and looking at artists, it’s taking the data from the Album Artist tag of the song. This is fine, except for compilations, OSTs etc, where it will just display ‘Various Artist’.

Is there any way to get the phone to user the Song Artist tag instead?

I could always change all the Album Artist tags on the songs from the compilations, but then, if I look at Albums, there is a separate album for each song.

Any help would be appreciated.

WillBerry88, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Going to artist page from album displays no songs, shows "Sorry, these songs aren't...

1. Going to artist page from album displays no songs, shows "Sorry, these songs aren't... - Similar Threads - Going artist page

2. groove music won't save any edit info for albums or songs or artist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    groove music won't save any edit info for albums or songs or artist: why won't groove music save any edit info for songs, album or artist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-wont-save-any-edit-info-for-albums-or/f7efb95b-aa20-4616-aab6-c7ff855dd24d
  3. groove music won't save any edit info for albums or songs or artist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    groove music won't save any edit info for albums or songs or artist: why won't groove music save any edit info for songs, album or artist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-wont-save-any-edit-info-for-albums-or/f7efb95b-aa20-4616-aab6-c7ff855dd24d
  4. Wrong album art displaying when a song is played

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong album art displaying when a song is played: Hi, I am having issues with the windows media player when I play a song from a cd.It keeps showing the wrong album art cover when I play the song .. the thumbnail image is correct but when the song is being played it shows another artist's cover... I followed the...
  5. Any other Media Player that shows Song/Artist Name With Volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any other Media Player that shows Song/Artist Name With Volume: [ATTACH] I know that media players like Groove and Spotify show the song name along with the volume controls just like in the picture below. Is there any other third party media player that shows this information because I have tried VLC and it only shows a Windows...
  6. Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist: I have an extensive music collection, but most listening is to playlists. I have tried to follow all hints, suggestions, and directions found (even purchased Uniconverter). Unfortunately, I have never been able to produce a Cd which will play on a car audio system and display...
  7. Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist

in Windows 10 Support
    Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist: I have an extensive music collection, but most listening is to playlists. I have tried to follow all hints, suggestions, and directions found (even purchased Uniconverter). Unfortunately, I have never been able to produce a Cd which will play on a car audio system and display...
  8. Songs not going into the artist folder in Windows Media Player.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Songs not going into the artist folder in Windows Media Player.: The Circumstances: I downloaded some music LEGALLY and I renamed it and played it in Windows Media Player. Everything was going fine, and i was able to add it to a playlist, but when I went to add it to an album, all of a sudden I couldn't drag and drop it in. I had done...
  9. Groove music says "Sorry, these songs aren't playable. Try something else."

Groove music says "Sorry, these songs aren't playable. Try something else.": Groove music says "Sorry, these songs aren't playable. Try something else." when I click on some artists in the music player. However, the files are still present, and playable when I use File Explorer and click on the file manually....
  10. All Song and Album Covers taken from other Song

All Song and Album Covers taken from other Song: Why is it like that? Most of them even have their own custom Covers! But all Groove Music shows me is this one! When I delete the Song this Cover is from it just takes another Cover and plasters that onto all the songs. The Metadata is not affected however. The songs still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. groov music these songs aren#t playable