Windows 10: good cheap steam games

Discus and support good cheap steam games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As mentioned in a previous post, i only have a laptop (and a bad one at that) I have, however, just ordered a new gaming PC. after spending £800+ on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ainsley, Feb 10, 2018.

1. ainsley Win User

good cheap steam games

As mentioned in a previous post, i only have a laptop (and a bad one at that) I have, however, just ordered a new gaming PC. after spending £800+ on a PC, i'm a little tight for cash, but i still want some good games.
    What are some good steam games that are free or under £10?

:)

ainsley, Feb 10, 2018
  2. BossDweeb Win User

How to open and play old windows 95 DVD games with windows 10

Good Old Games, and increasingly, Steam, have a lot of old DOS based game which go cheap when on sale,

but for games that are not available from these sources you can use DOS BOX (which GOG and Steam also

use with these games).

There is a bit of a learning curve to using DOS BOX, but the program below helps make things a bit easier -

D-Fend Reloaded: Overview

(EDIT: All of the above work with Win10)

btw - Compatibility mode for Win95, XP, etc. is useless with games of this vintage

(and most of the time, with newer games as well).

BossDweeb, Feb 10, 2018
  3. jakestar1 Win User
    jakestar1, Feb 10, 2018
  4. fred ez Win User

good cheap steam games

this one has a lot of good reviews, haven't tried it
    Defense Grid: The Awakening

fred ez, Feb 10, 2018
  5. ainsley Win User
    Thanks, I'll give it a go.

ainsley, Feb 10, 2018
  6. Dude Win User
    Battlefield BC2, 4.99 on steam

7. Faith Win User
    I can vouch for that too, it's awesome.

Also Cities: Skylines is on sale on Steam, really really good city-planner/builder game. And don't just be on Steam, GoG is just as good - if not better - than Steam because they have a DRM-free policy on games they offer.

Faith, Feb 11, 2018
  8. ainsley Win User

good cheap steam games

Already played it on xbox, was great but i don't think it's worth getting on PC aswell

ainsley, Feb 13, 2018
  9. ainsley Win User
    Yeah i do use gog but it's just that i've got a steam voucher to spend

ainsley, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

good cheap steam games

1. good cheap steam games - Similar Threads - cheap steam games

2. Steam Games Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam Games Crashing: Hi! Can anyone help me? My steam games keep crashing mid game randomly. I only have steam, OBS streaming, and a browser open. Even when I have just steam and a browser open my the same problem occurs. I have a Nvidia RTX 4090, AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core Processor, and 64GB of...
  3. Steam Games Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steam Games Crashing: Hi! Can anyone help me? My steam games keep crashing mid game randomly. I only have steam, OBS streaming, and a browser open. Even when I have just steam and a browser open my the same problem occurs. I have a Nvidia RTX 4090, AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core Processor, and 64GB of...
  4. Blocked Steam games?

Blocked Steam games?: After latest update, windows blocked my steam game for no reason? Why do you do that? and how can i disable that fucikng stupid and useless feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-steam-games/5c7d367f-06b4-44af-b0a1-860334c9d019
  5. Problem with a game on steam.

Problem with a game on steam.: I've been trying to play Hearts of Iron IV on steam recently and it's given me a "Steam runtime communication error." I've followed many steps given to me by Paradox Interactive support the company that owns HOI4 and our final "diagnostic" was making a new user profile on...
  6. A steam game issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A steam game issue: Hello dear commnuity hub. My game, ''left 4 dead 2'' is crashing in mid game or starting loading screen or somewhere when in the game. Probably due of lots of addons and i did these steps for solving my problem: 1. I did reset to ''download cache'' in my settings tab. 2....
  7. A steam game issue

A steam game issue: Hello dear commnuity hub. My game, ''left 4 dead 2'' is crashing in mid game or starting loading screen or somewhere when in the game. Probably due of lots of addons and i did these steps for solving my problem: 1. I did reset to ''download cache'' in my settings tab. 2....
  8. Windows, steam, and good ol' consoles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows, steam, and good ol' consoles: Why does windows 10 seem recognize my controller as a xbox 360 device and steam recognizes it as a ps3 device and my ps4 act as if it's a ps4 controller? submitted by /u/nicklas3211 [link] [comments]...
  9. Steam games not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam games not launching: I decided to come back to civ 5, and when I press play, all that happens is a small box saying "checking for updates" comes up for a brief moment, followed by another box saying "Searching for steam game updates" again for a brief moment. Nothing happens after. This also...
  10. "Cheap," Good, Small and Convenient "Table" Microphone for everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Cheap," Good, Small and Convenient "Table" Microphone for everything: Hi, I'm currently very lost in what mic i should plan on buying. Currently i use a very cheap table mic from trust, it works, but it gives a ton of static noise and has a pretty "muddy" sound. People who recieve this question immediately say the Blue Yeti is like "the best...