Windows 10: Good media player for podcasts (reliable resume function, clear playlist, hotkeys)

Discus and support Good media player for podcasts (reliable resume function, clear playlist, hotkeys) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm looking for a media player for listening to podcasts and I need three features: 1) reliable resume function One that doesn't get it wrong or not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dimitri, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Dimitri Win User

Good media player for podcasts (reliable resume function, clear playlist, hotkeys)

I'm looking for a media player for listening to podcasts and I need three features:

1) reliable resume function

One that doesn't get it wrong or not work every third time as is the case with some players

2) hotkeys

I need to be able to set a global play/pause hotkey, meaning one that works even when the player is minimized and not the active window

3) a clean and readable playlist that remembers all the items and doesn't get cleared when you close the player

Could anyone suggest anything?

Dimitri, Jun 27, 2018
  2. otonet Win User

5800 v50: Music player lost podcast playback functions

I've posted this before, but I think it deserves a separate thread.

With firmware v50, the music player on Nokia 5800 lost significant podcast playback functionality: after updating to v50 music player I can only access podcasts by title.

With the Music player which came with the v40 firmware (actually ever since I can remember, so I guess at least since v20), there were handy shortcuts in the Podcasts section to access recent podcasts, such as "recently added", "never played", "list by date",
    etc. Now, with v50 fw, they are gone, and as far as I could see, the only way to play recent podcasts is to browse manually through each folder
    (moreover, no indication is provided as to if the folder contains new podcasts), check whether there are new podcasts inside, an play them back manually, one by one. It's a good training for your memory, but somewhat cumbersome if you are cycling.
    ;-(

Please bring back the "recently added", "never played", "list by date" podcast shortcuts!

And while you're at it, extend playlist functionality also to podcasts: I never really understood why playlists do not support podcasts. As a side effect, podcasts will not show up on the automatically-created "Recently added" playlist, which would at least
    be a partial workaround for the above problem.

This is a total showstopper for me. Is there a way to downgrade the firmware (or just the music player) to v40? I regret so much having updated. :smileysad:

Or, can somebody suggest me an alternative podcast player with the above features?

otonet, Jun 27, 2018
  3. WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER PLAYLIST SEARCH

As of now, the option that you wanted for Windows Media Player is currently not available. We suggest that you send us a feedback regarding this concern so we could better improve how Windows Media Player works. To send a feedback, click
    here.

For now, you may also follow this steps on how to find which Playlist a particular song is placed:

• Click on one of your Playlists.
    • Go to the Search box, and then type the title of the song.

If the song is on that particular Playlist, it would show up.

If the song is not on the Playlist, you would get a message: There are no items matching "Title of the song" in this view.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Ruizell Rey, Jun 27, 2018
  4. Good media player for podcasts (reliable resume function, clear playlist, hotkeys)

N900's Media Player playlist problems

a bit of a random question, but with my n97, i can just create playlists on windows media player, and sync the playlist to the device to only copy a playlist of songs, and then that playlist will show up in the playlists in the media player on my n97.

is it possible to do the same thing with the n900? or do i really have to follow the steps listed previously in this thread?

Sever---01, Jun 27, 2018
Thema:

Good media player for podcasts (reliable resume function, clear playlist, hotkeys)

1. Good media player for podcasts (reliable resume function, clear playlist, hotkeys) - Similar Threads - media player podcasts

2. Windows Media Player and playlists

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player and playlists: In Media Player the system won't save a new playlist, therefore I can't burn to my CD drive. Can anyone help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-and-playlists/88b36dd7-ad1b-414a-bfea-13dd5dc4546e
  3. New media player not creating playlists

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New media player not creating playlists: I am running Windows 11 Pro all updates installed, along with the new Media Player app with all updates installed, on a Dell Dimension XPS-8940 11th Gen Intel Core i9 with 16 cores, 64GB memory. My Music files are in a music directory on a Synology NAS drive. Media Player...
  4. Resume playlist diappeared, Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resume playlist diappeared, Windows Media Player: I recently deleted the history and cache from my windows media player. Now, it no longer lists the option to resume previous playlist under Tasks in the popup menu from the task bar. What Happened? How do I get it back? I use this feature ALL the time. Please help....
  5. Resume playlist diappeared, Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resume playlist diappeared, Windows Media Player: I recently deleted the history and cache from my windows media player. Now, it no longer lists the option to resume previous playlist under Tasks in the popup menu from the task bar. What Happened? How do I get it back? I use this feature ALL the time. Please help....
  6. Resume playlist diappeared, Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Media player numeric playlists

Media player numeric playlists: Just installed WMP that came with a new dell g5 win10 pro laptop. I see how to create and add to my own playlist. But what are all the numeric playlists? Some are empty, some have something in them including "blank_audio", "asx", fm stations, others. I clicked on one and it...
  8. Windows Media Player Playlists

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player Playlists: I have what likely may be an unprecedented issue while playing some WMP playlists. I will preface this by saying that I have been using WMP, making and playing playlists for about 15 years now with little or few issues. I have never experienced the problem I have now. My...
  9. Windows Media Player Playlist

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player Playlist: I have set up several playlists, but on playback I want it to play by removing the gap between the tracks and just automatically blend into the next. I thought this was possible, is it not? If so, how do I activate this?...
  10. Media Player Playlists Keep Crashing

Media Player Playlists Keep Crashing: In the last two weeks, I have encountered a bizarre problem. Normally, in my workday I like to have Media Player playing music on random play. It cycles between some 7000 tracks on my machine. That's the way I like to run my day. I have been doing this for several years...