Windows 10: Good 'ol Windows notifications

Discus and support Good 'ol Windows notifications in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Computer was sitting idle with chrome open. A pop notification alerted me to WD finding threats. Go into Security center and it says no threats found.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vram, Aug 8, 2017.

1. vram Win User

Good 'ol Windows notifications

Computer was sitting idle with chrome open. A pop notification alerted me to WD finding threats. Go into Security center and it says no threats found. Click on history and it shows numocod malware detected and quarantined.

Guess chrome must've rendered an infected ad, ran a full malware scan with WD and Malwarebytes and it's clean. The severity of that peice of malware is leaving me paranoid, though......

They need to make the notifications a bit more informative.

:)

vram, Aug 8, 2017
  2. rsivan Win User

BH-221 BLUETOOTH HEADSET OLED DISPLAY FADED

I also have fading problem right side of oled complete dark only in total nigh visible need to change oled

but can't find this product works good but this oled issue make it not good as expected

rsivan, Aug 8, 2017
  3. Palcouk Win User
    calendar notifications

You dont say whether this is a Win notification, or whether its an OL Task/Calendar notification where you have set a reminder

Palcouk, Aug 8, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

Nemocod is spread via email infections, not infected ads. Indeed it's very scary, as it grabs credentials, and downloads other malware (including encryption ransomware). It sometimes masquerades as a Chrome update.

simrick, Aug 9, 2017
  5. vram Win User
    Odd. Email wasn't open when WD detected it.

vram, Aug 9, 2017
  6. simrick Win User
    Although Windows Defender has gotten much better lately, I still don't have much love for it, because it tends to let infections in, and then tries to clean them, whereas it's best not to let them in at all (this has been my experience, at least). Do you run MBAM free or paid?

simrick, Aug 9, 2017
  7. vram Win User
    I dl'd and ran the free trial after WD detected and cleaned it.

vram, Aug 9, 2017
  8. simrick Win User

OIC. To be safe, I would download and run ADWCleaner, then run MBAM custom scan on the entire C drive, making sure to check the box to scan for rootkits. *Wink

simrick, Aug 9, 2017
  9. simrick Win User
    Cool. Let us know if anything untoward pops up. After that, the free trial of MBAM will be good to have for a while. I usually recommend running MBAM Paid together with Defender on systems, just to be safe. A layered approach is best. Cheers!

simrick, Aug 9, 2017
  10. vram Win User
    I've been meaning to buy a MBAM sub for a long while, but between Defender and running Adblockers, This is the first potential problem with malware in at least 12 years.

About the malware itself, are you sure ads aren't a vector? When I first googled it yesterday, ads were mentioned. Doesn't really matter. Just curious.

11. simrick Win User
    Nemocod is usually found in an infected email. Infected ads are indeed a vector, just not normally for this particular infection. But, Nemocod has been morphing recently, so who can be sure? *Sad

simrick, Aug 9, 2017
  12. vram Win User
    TDSSKiller = Clean
    MBAM Full Scan = Clean
    AdwCleaner = Clean
    sfc /scannow = No file damage
    Cleared out temp files using Ccleaner

I just wish I knew the period of time between when the malicious file was download to Defender detecting/removing it.

13. simrick Win User

Yeah, would be nice. Technically, that info would be helpful in determining things like, whether or not there was sufficient time for any password theft to occur. But, glad you're all clear! Cheers. *Thumbs

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Good 'ol Windows notifications - Similar Threads - 'ol notifications

2. How do I turn of Caps Lock notifications?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn of Caps Lock notifications?: I tried the Windows Setting way and the Ease of Access way, but both aren't working for me. I'm on a HP PC, and it's getting annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-of-caps-lock-notifications/dc4fac47-1ad7-4d7b-9565-0d7f7051394a
  3. jpj][][ol[

in Windows 10 Gaming
    jpj][][ol[: oupigphl https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpjol/360fab68-1644-4d50-a7cf-431962fa5d3b
  4. How to remove OL -other language

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove OL -other language: This happens when I kept changing the region and add some extra languages. I normally use 3 languages. What should I do? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-ol-other-language/c9bf8a5e-a85b-4404-bcc4-82ea6ae71c98
  5. [Keyboard menu] OL - Other language: how to remove it?

[Keyboard menu] OL - Other language: how to remove it?: Normally I use Portuguese as my main keyboard, and Greek as a secondary keyboard to type α, β, and so on. Today I tried to change my region to US to see if error messages in RStudio would change to English, long story. However, I realized this region list wouldn't show...
  6. Como conseguir traducir los correos o mensajes del Ingles al Espa;ol

Como conseguir traducir los correos o mensajes del Ingles al Espa;ol: Buenas tardes ya lo he solicitado anteriormente , como traducir los correos o mensajes que me envian , es que no hay forma ,si no no me aclaro de nada , alguien sabe como solucionar este problema ,gracias un saludo...
  7. Windows, steam, and good ol' consoles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows, steam, and good ol' consoles: Why does windows 10 seem recognize my controller as a xbox 360 device and steam recognizes it as a ps3 device and my ps4 act as if it's a ps4 controller? submitted by /u/nicklas3211 [link] [comments]...
  8. unwanted links showing in email OL 2016

in Browsers and Email
    unwanted links showing in email OL 2016: When I am looking at email in outlook 2016, moving my mouse over a selection it will show the link. i.e. when I place my mouse cursor over "get coupon" the link shows. Sometimes this hides the button to select. Is there a setting to turn this off? 92717
  9. Ouch, same ol' story again:

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ouch, same ol' story again:: Hello every1: I'm new here but hoping that you, guys will stop me from smashing my PC against the wall because I am close to do it or.... see my psychiatrist.*Mad This is my story: For years I was happy user of Win7 Ultimate. I did ignore Win 8 upgrade because mixed...
  10. Good 'Ol Microsoft Photo Editor - Fix So It Will Run With Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Good 'Ol Microsoft Photo Editor - Fix So It Will Run With Windows 10?: I've been using Microsoft Photo Editor for the last 20 years, on literally dozens of computers - needed outside help (from the 7 Forum) for a fix 4-5 years ago, looks like I need it again from the Windows 10 experts. I upgraded four HP computers from 7 and 8.1 to 10 last...