Windows 10: GOOD SATA driver for AMD Zacate/Hudson/E-series ????

Discus and support GOOD SATA driver for AMD Zacate/Hudson/E-series ???? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; we in the forgotten backwaters of AMD-based devices have suffered from bad SATA drivers.*Confused With all my Windows 10 installs on such, I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cognus, Jul 13, 2015.

1. cognus Win User

GOOD SATA driver for AMD Zacate/Hudson/E-series ????

we in the forgotten backwaters of AMD-based devices have suffered from bad SATA drivers.*Confused
    With all my Windows 10 installs on such, I have to switch to the very slow but stable generic MS Standard SATA device driver. The auto-installed AMD SATA on Win 10/8/7 creates I/O spurious I/O traffic [retries?] constantly.

anyone know a good one from past releases, or a patch?

:)

cognus, Jul 13, 2015

2. Windows 10 crashes and freezes

Download and update the AMD Chipset drivers version 15.7.1:

Download nicht abgeschlossen

Package Includes:

AMD Chipset Drivers

AMD AHCI Driver

AMD USB 3.0 Driver

AMD SB7xx RAID Drivers

AMD SB8xx RAID Drivers

AMD SB9xx RAID Drivers

AMD A-Series APU Chipset RAID Drivers

AMD E-Series APU Chipset RAID Drivers​

Gerry C J Cornell, Jul 13, 2015
  3. New Nokia Booklet 4G

Will there be a new Nokia Booklet? Maybe with 4G and the new AMD Zacate? Because the current one is so slow, zacate would be perfect for it. I would love to see that.

oyeahman69, Jul 13, 2015
  4. Fafhrd Win User

If you take the time to give your system Specs, in reasonable detail, someone may be tempted to help you, but otherwise, our responses will be shots in the dark.
    AMD Zacate/Hudson/E-series and Windows 7 is not really enough!

Fafhrd, Jul 13, 2015
  5. Here's an easy way to update the Systems Specs in your forum profile with complete information.

• In the System Manufacturer/Model Number field, manually type Desktop or Laptop adding it to the information already in the field. The specific model number is important - there are often many models of a given series.
      For example, my machine is a HP Pavilion dv6, but there are tens of the dv6 series, so dv6-6c10us is the specific model.

• Specify Custom Build as the manufacturer if it is not an OEM machine.
    The easiest way to do this is to use the information from a PUBLISHED Speccy report.
    See: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs

Post the link to the report that Speccy gives you and also open the Speccy link.
    Then click here to view your System Specs on this forum.

When you have both windows open, put them side-by-side and simply copy the information, field by field, from the Speccy report to your System Specs.

To see what information other members provide in their System Specs, click on My System Specs in the lower left of any post by any member.

Thanks
    How are you determining the I/O spurious I/O traffic (retries?) - I have an HP laptop with AMD and haven't noticed any difference in disk performance.

You might want to check and fix your disk for errors
    Elevated Command Prompt

Chkdsk / f
    It will ask you to check the disk at next boot - answer yes, then restart and see if it finds/fixes errors.

The latest Preview release, 10.0.166 - fast ring, has the latest AMD WHQL release - it's better, but there are still some issues, mostly cosmetic (glyphs in the adapter name)

MS is temporarily disabling updates for a few days in preparation for the lunch ... er ... launch *Wink
    This disable will occur sometime today - 14 July 2015.

Slartybart, Jul 13, 2015
  6. cognus Win User
    apologies - I churn through a bunch of things so its just busywork to update sys specs.
    the particular one I have in mind [of 2 I have that are same gen amd apu-based]: thinkpad x120e

GOOD SATA driver for AMD Zacate/Hudson/E-series ???? [​IMG]

The 'traffic' / issue is easy to see, and not new news to the community. just turn off everything that can be, open the expanded task manager and watch. cpu will tick up to about 15% and IO with it. ditch the driver, load the MS generic sata driver and it goes away, you get as you should, virtually no cpu/IO with same load.
    a lot of people miss this [the uncurious or those that just use and don't want to get technical with it], and blame the system... "sure is slow".... "sure loads up too easily". you can see the issue exagerrated on anything that takes a bit of disk work.
    at any rate, there are no disk errors etc this is all new clean, I've been dealing with it on the various amd apu gens [which otherwise I like]
    just checkin' to see if smarter folk than me know of a sound driver for it and its sibling [hp g4, with A4]

cognus, Jul 14, 2015
  7. cognus Win User
    found a few more drivers not specifically for these platforms but same under the hood: same components. For instance, SATA found on lenovo's X140E page works, and does not display the spurious traffic in the background - nice and quiet. Benchmarks tell the story however. I'm posting below AS-SSD benchmarks and the associated drivers. Tells the story. I'll stick with the 9 year old MS generic
    These first two benchmarks are with the MS Standard SATA Device Driver.

cognus, Jul 15, 2015
  8. GOOD SATA driver for AMD Zacate/Hudson/E-series ????

Busywork?
    Specs make helping members easier. In most cases it is impossible to trouble shoot an issue without the details.

Most members will not sift through posts to find the information that really should be a click away. The specs are organized in a consistant way that makes it easy to find information that might lead to a resolution .... IF the thread opener takes the time to fill them in with complete information. An unwritten rule is to change the specs to reflect the machine the issue appears.

The choice is yours, but I'm bowing out instead of trying to unravel the information you've presented in a few posts.

To answer your question - nope don't know of any other drivers than those from MS or AMD. I don't know of any 'patch'

I'm also at the mercy of AMD so I feel your pain, but I'm still bowing out of this thread since I can't help with the issue.

Good luck - please reconsider posting information in your system specs.

Slartybart, Jul 15, 2015
  9. satrow Win User
    satrow, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. GOOD SATA driver for AMD Zacate/Hudson/E-series ???? - Similar Threads - SATA driver AMD

2. AMD RX 570 Series

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD RX 570 Series: Hello, Today I found out that when I want to watch a video I downloaded on my PC it seems like to lag. I don't how to fix it and tried everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-rx-570-series/d52c60e6-6706-486e-9082-d15c475f828f
  3. AMD SMBus and Standard SATA AHCI Controller Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD SMBus and Standard SATA AHCI Controller Drivers: Hi, I'm running a AMD FX-6300 system, 8Gb RAM with Nvidia GTX 750 Ti GPU, running Windows 10 and Avast AV. The 'Driver Updater' in Avast keeps telling me these 2 drivers need updating. But if I try to update them in 'Device Manager' I'm told "Windows has determined you...
  4. AMD e-mail

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD e-mail: Received this e-mail from AMD today....I believe this applies to latest Insider W10 version. 158830
  5. E - SATA Port

E - SATA Port: On the front of my pc is a port marked E-SATA, what is this for? 158757
  6. AMD E 300

in Windows 10 Customization
    AMD E 300: I have a HP 2000 Laptop with AMD e 300 APU 1.30 Ghz and it is super slow, even slower than my old Core 2 duo. I thought the CPU could have at least Turbo boost or 4 cores. Does anybody know how to overclock it? Thanks, Habib...
  7. sata driver

sata driver: Is there a newer sata driver for NM10 chipset (atom N455) netbooks or a way to install? Every driver from Intel and Samsung says this platform is not supported (tried running as W7 or W8) and the default one is old (2006) and buggy and getting ahci controller resets all the...
  8. Drivers for AMD "Hudson" chipset, Zacate

Drivers for AMD "Hudson" chipset, Zacate: anyone here running Win10 on AMD notebook, Zacate family [earlier E series] ? just wondering how many drivers I'll be missing and how to find. I'm wanting to try this on Lenovo Thinkpad X120e 10 is running swell on my A4-3300m based HP G4-1117dx except for onboard...
  9. E-SATA Observations

E-SATA Observations: Ok I think this is some valuable information that needs to be out there. As this is what I encountered with my machine. I don't know if all machines will do the same but this is what happened for me. Just my 2 cents worth.. *Smile A while ago there was a discussion...
  10. Up and running on Thinkpad X120E; AMD E-350 / Zacate /Hudson

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Up and running on Thinkpad X120E; AMD E-350 / Zacate /Hudson: In case anyone web searches this one - Have build 9926 running pretty well on Thinkpad X120E; 8gb, conventional hdd, E-350 APU. All the devices actually loaded pretty well - the only thing I fetched so far, manually, was the AMD USB filters package. Luckily, so far the...