Windows 10: Google: Building a safer web, for everyone

Discus and support Google: Building a safer web, for everyone in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today is Safer Internet Day, a moment for technology companies, nonprofit organizations, security firms, and people around the world to focus on online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Google: Building a safer web, for everyone

Source: Official Google Blog: Building a safer web, for everyone

:)

Brink, Feb 8, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

I have a family computer and want music and photos from all users synced and shared .

Store everything in the Public folder.

Safer (much safer): Store everything in the cloud (OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.)

BulldogXX, Feb 8, 2016
  3. PC Building Simulator: A tool for building your own computer.

PC Building Simulator on Steam

Keep an eye on this promising app. Preview available now. Final around the beginning of the year.

* Moved from Insider

Cbarnhorst, Feb 8, 2016
  4. Google: Building a safer web, for everyone

I went to do the Security Check (for the additional 2GB of storage) but when I clicked Sign in - Google Accounts to Log In to my Google account, it took me to an "invalid request" page that featured the image of a broken robot. Maybe Google published this article before they have the functions set up for users. Oh well...

AllenChicago, Feb 9, 2016
  5. groze Win User
    The one issue I had with Gmail when I had it, it delivered adult spam that would be inappropriate for younger users. I also received some suspicious attachments as well. Only a few places had this email. I don't see how google would make the web safer.

groze, Feb 10, 2016
  6. Dude Win User
    The 2GB add on worked for me. I did it last year too.

7. Winuser Win User
    I've been using Gmail for years and never had any problems. I don't know how but they got your Gmail address from somewhere.

Winuser, Feb 10, 2016
  8. Trust_No1 Win User

A lot of my friends use GMail, I only wished I liked it

Trust_No1, Feb 10, 2016
  9. rezpower Win User
    Thanks for sharing this. I too just did the security check and here is the message I got at the end:

To help celebrate Safer Internet Day 2016, we added 2 GB of free Drive storage to your Google account because you completed the Security Checkup.

rezpower, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Google: Building a safer web, for everyone - Similar Threads - Google Building safer

2. Open a google web page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open a google web page: Hello Community, I have an HP desktop PC with IO of windows 10 home. I am using Google Chrome for my web searching, every time I open a new window the page will not fill my monitor screen then I have to click on the little square box in the upper right of the page then click...
  3. Open a google web page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open a google web page: Hello Community, I have an HP desktop PC with IO of windows 10 home. I am using Google Chrome for my web searching, every time I open a new window the page will not fill my monitor screen then I have to click on the little square box in the upper right of the page then click...
  4. Open a google web page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Isolation is Safer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Isolation is Safer: 21H2 will isolate 3rd party drivers. This allows the OS to be isolated, or sandboxed, away from the rest of the third-party drivers, and the primary benefit is security. Cheers, Drew [ATTACH]...
  6. Google Play policies updated to make safer for children and families

in Windows 10 News
    Google Play policies updated to make safer for children and families: At Google Play, we’re committed to providing a positive, safe environment for children and families. Over the last few years, we’ve helped parents find family-friendly content through the Designed for Families program and empowered them to set digital ground rules for their...
  7. Google Duo for the Web

in Browsers and Email
    Google Duo for the Web: Google Duo now available for the Web... https://duo.google.com/about/ 128790
  8. A cleaner, safer web with Chrome Cleanup

in Windows 10 News
    A cleaner, safer web with Chrome Cleanup: Unwanted software impacts the browsing experience of millions of web users every day. Effects of this harmful software are often quite subtle—search results are modified to redirect users to other pages or additional ads are injected in the pages that users visit. But in some...
  9. Microsoft Edge: Building a safer browser

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge: Building a safer browser: With Microsoft Edge, we want to fundamentally improve security over existing browsers and enable users to confidently experience the web from Windows. We have designed Microsoft Edge to defend users from increasingly sophisticated and prevalent attacks. This post covers...
  10. The new Google Contacts: Bringing everyone together

in Windows 10 News
    The new Google Contacts: Bringing everyone together: From email to Hangouts to a good ol' fashioned phone call, you've got a lot of options to get in touch with someone. But keeping all those options organized for all your contacts...well, it can be a pain, especially when you need to find that information in a hurry! So...