Windows 10: Google Calendar uses old email address

Discus and support Google Calendar uses old email address in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This behaviour applies to other calendar apps on my Android phone as well. I used to have an iBurst email address. I cannot remember if I used a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by macnab, Mar 21, 2018.

1. macnab Win User

Google Calendar uses old email address

This behaviour applies to other calendar apps on my Android phone as well.

I used to have an iBurst email address. I cannot remember if I used a calendar app on my Android phone while I was iBurst.

Years ago I switched from iBurst to ADSL and created a GMail address. I use my GMail address to log into all my Google apps, including Chrome and Google Calendar on my phone, as well as the Windows 10 Calendar app, which I have set up to use my GMail account.

For some unknown reason, all calendar events that I create go under my iBurst email address. In the Windows Calendar, in the left-hand pane, it says Microsoft account, under which it says Calendar. Enabling/disabling this has no visible effect. Below that it says GMail. Under GMail is my iBurst email address, Birthdays and Holidays in South Africa. Disabling the email address removes all events.

It is much the same on my phone.

It doesn't affect use of the calendar, but just seems weird to me.

:)

macnab, Mar 21, 2018

2. gmail and exchange sync

I know that google has a paid solution, google apps for business but currently they offer this only if you use your own domain for the email address. But I need my old Gmail address but with exchange. I can not imagine that I am the only one with this
    Gmail problem. I tried today sync Gmail to an iphone5, contacts and calendar is working with carddav and caldav but push email ist still a problem even on an iPhone if google stops exchange access.

Stefan_922, Mar 21, 2018
  3. Mac - Lumia800: sync calendar ( iCal ) and contacts

Thank you for your prompt help.

I have set up a google calendar and imported it in my Ical

Both method works, in term that if I add an event on the google calendar then it appears in Ical, same if I create in Ical an event but under the *** Email address is removed for privacy *** calendar.

My question now is:

1. how can I export my old calendar that are in my mac

2. how can I keep use my different calendars that I am using on my mac and have them syc with Google

Thanks

lario---01, Mar 21, 2018
  4. Google Calendar uses old email address

Hi macnab

Been a while since I've been on Android phone.

Please determine what version of Android you have and then look up how to set the default calendar for that version on your phone. Note the settings in case you have to restore. Change it to calendar you want as default. (If you don't change default you have to tell each new entry the calendar to use or it will go to iburst)

Then go into google calendar and its setting. (Open Calendar, click on gear). I'll bet your iburst calendar is still part of it. Not sure what happens if you remove it as you might not be able to add back

To CYA you may wish to note all calendar entries, especially ones in future in case you loose access to iBurst.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 22, 2018
  5. macnab Win User
    My phone doesn't have default calendar setting. And nowhere can I find any reference to the iBurst email address except in (all) calendar apps. So I can't delete it. Can live with it.

macnab, Mar 22, 2018
  6. Okay. If you want to share phone make and Android version it might help.

Caledon Ken, Mar 22, 2018
  7. macnab Win User
    Huawei P8 Lite. Android 6.0.

macnab, Mar 22, 2018
  8. Google Calendar uses old email address

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Google Calendar uses old email address

1. Google Calendar uses old email address - Similar Threads - Google Calendar uses

2. Old email address still used as sign-in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old email address still used as sign-in?: I recently changed my primary alias to my new email address, but the 2-factor authentication and other sign-ins still mainly use my old address. How do get the 2-factor authentication to use my new address?...
  3. Old email address still used as sign-in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old email address still used as sign-in?: I recently changed my primary alias to my new email address, but the 2-factor authentication and other sign-ins still mainly use my old address. How do get the 2-factor authentication to use my new address?...
  4. old email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    old email address: I changed my email address yet I am still getting notifications re my old email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-address/5a42b875-7232-4e29-94d6-918dbba48fbd
  5. old email address

old email address: Hello everyone, I struggle with technology. I'm wanting to remove an old email address. The old address was with our previous internet provider; after upgrading, I went with a gmail account. I can login into Microsoft, I just want the old address removed. How can I delete my...
  6. old email addresses

old email addresses: How do I delete old email addresses from the to drop down window? when I try to send an email. When I start typing an address old email addresses appear as choices and if wrongly chosen results in email not delivered to the proper person. My research showed this issue has...
  7. Deleting old email addresses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting old email addresses: How can I delete old email addresses for friends who have changed theirs? When I try to send them an email the system summons up the old dead one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-old-email-addresses/e544e3c5-75cc-4ac6-af24-ca916321391b
  8. OLD EMAIL ADDRESS

OLD EMAIL ADDRESS: HOW DO I REMOVE AN OLD MS ACCOUNT EMAIL ADDRESS ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-address/69eb0a04-068a-4860-9b19-15a543b34e5d
  9. OLD EMAIL ADDRESS

OLD EMAIL ADDRESS: how do I remove a old Email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-address/e564943d-d4c6-4546-8301-394d1fe4d081
  10. iCloud and Google Calendar Conflict: Both Use Same Email Address

in Browsers and Email
    iCloud and Google Calendar Conflict: Both Use Same Email Address: I have switched to Windows 10 for mail and calendars as Outlook was taking too long to load. I have set up my gmail account for mail and all is working fine. However I use iCloud for my calendars and want to see my iCloud calendars in Windows 10. However I am having...