Windows 10: Google Chrome becomes slow after viewing web videos

Discus and support Google Chrome becomes slow after viewing web videos in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Each time i watch a video in Chrome the browser start to behave weird, if i am on the same tab as the video playback and i try to type a word to search... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Vedita BR, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Vedita BR Win User

Google Chrome becomes slow after viewing web videos

Each time i watch a video in Chrome the browser start to behave weird, if i am on the same tab as the video playback and i try to type a word to search or url in URL bar and press enter the browser's loading icon never stops spining and i must close that tab and create a new one and the browser becomes really slow .

My theory is:

A) Internet Download Manager may cause the problem

B) Google Account Sync may slow down the browser ???

C) The Avast online security add-on/plugin browser may is causing the problem

:)

Vedita BR, Nov 3, 2015
  2. lanevo13 Win User

Issues with the playing of videos in Windows 10

Original Title: Windows 10 PC Respond Lag

Hi,

Everytime i run web browser, such as Google Chrome or Firefox, my PC respond become very lag regardless of playing video online, open a web page, etc. Besides, my video playing on local player also result video lagging

lanevo13, Nov 3, 2015
  3. HerbMon Win User
    Issues with Nvidia drivers every time I shut down and power my PC on.

After the windows fall creator update, I was having issues with google chrome performing extremely slow, switching tabs was taking a long time, chrome would freeze for a second when you restore several tabs at once. Someone suggested reinstalling my video
    drivers, which did fix the issue. However, I run into the same issue again every time I restart my PC now, then it becomes a hassle uninstalling/reinstalling drivers and restarting to get things to work again.

HerbMon, Nov 3, 2015
  4. Almighty1 Win User

I actually vote for D) the built in Adobe Flash Player

How to fix Flash Player lag in Chrome | Blog

A workaround used to be disabling the built-in and using the same Flash Player as firefox but that no longer works.

Saw this as well:
    "To anyone encountering similar issues... try disabling hardware acceleration.... it was a tenfold improvement for me on my laptop.

To disable it... type "chrome:settings" in the address bar, click Advanced Settings, then uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available" under the System header. Close all open Chrome browser instances and restart Chrome.

Chrome had always ran really well for me.... until rather recently. This seemed to fix my biggest problem of late. Give it a shot and let me know... curious how it works for others. Not sure why HW acceleration seems to be the culprit, nor what exactly changed that caused this issue."

A quick fix for your slow Chrome browser - CNET

Almighty1, Nov 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Google Chrome becomes slow after viewing web videos - Similar Threads - Google Chrome becomes

2. Google Chrome web notifications not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome web notifications not working.: After an update a few months ago, the notifications for websites, like Google Calendar and Gmail do not work unless the tab is open. They do have permission to send notifications. I have tried restarting my computer several times, updating my drivers and checking for system...
  3. To add Google Chrome as blocked web brouser

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    To add Google Chrome as blocked web brouser: Kindly note that I have allowed my child to use Google Chrome by removing from Blocked application. Now, I am unable to add the same in blocked list. Kindly reply how to resolve the same....
  4. Google's Chrome Web Browser "Has Become Spy Software"

in Windows 10 News
    Google's Chrome Web Browser "Has Become Spy Software": Google's Chrome Web Browser "Has Become Spy Software" Google's Chrome is essentially spy software according to Washington Post tech columnist Geoffrey Fowler, who spent a week analyzing the popular browser and concluded that it "looks a lot like surveillance software."...
  5. Google Chrome web browser has become spy software

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome web browser has become spy software: Our latest privacy experiment found Chrome ushered more than 11,000 tracker cookies into our browser — in a single week. Here’s why Firefox is better. You open your browser to look at the Web. Do you know who is looking back at you? Over a recent week of Web surfing, I...
  6. Google’s web browser has become spy software

in Windows 10 News
    Google’s web browser has become spy software: Goodbye, Chrome: Google’s web browser has become spy software Our latest privacy experiment found Chrome ushered more than 11,000 tracker cookies into our browser — in a single week. Here’s why Firefox is better. https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...=.b21682f96064 135779
  7. Google Chrome Very Slow Start

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Very Slow Start: Hi and sorry for my English I installed Google Chrome and I have as in Windows 10 as my default browser before had Firefox ... The problem is that when I start Chrome it takes about 1 minute or more to load. Once started it does not give me problems of slowness, it's just the...
  8. Google crome become slow :(

in Browsers and Email
    Google crome become slow :(: After installing windows 10 i am showing that google crome become too much slow but microsoft edge is providing me right speed whats the problem can anyone explain me Please i need help very badly *Sad 14521
  9. Bsod viewing video on firefox/chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod viewing video on firefox/chrome: A couple of times i have had a bsod while watching streamed video on firefox/chrome. I'm using a lenovo Ideacentre Q190 8gb ram Intel Core i3-3217U @ 1.8 GHz 64bit windows 10 home 59558
  10. Google Chrome Expanding user protections on the web

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Expanding user protections on the web: One of the advantages of the web is that it allows developers to create any type of experience they can imagine, which has led to the rich diversity of content available on the web today. While most content producers are interested in providing excellent experiences for their...