Windows 10: Google Chrome gets a new Emoji option

Discus and support Google Chrome gets a new Emoji option in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; One major difference between the social media experiences in a smartphone and a PC is Emoji. It is so easy to type an Emoji in a smartphone and in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 9, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Google Chrome gets a new Emoji option

One major difference between the social media experiences in a smartphone and a PC is Emoji. It is so easy to type an Emoji in a smartphone and in these days Emojis actually play a crucial role in communication. However, users rarely use Emojis while using social media from their laptops or PCs. No one really complained about it but it would be great if Emojis are easily accessible in PCs too. If you felt this way, then you are in for a treat as Google Chrome just got an awesome feature by which users can easily type an Emoji in any text field inside the browser.

Google dominates the internet with its search engine and browser. Google Search is the most popular search engine and Google Chrome is the most popular web browser (like you didn’t know already). Even though Google is way ahead of the competition they are adding new features to make the user experience better. One such feature that Google added recently is a dedicated Emoji option in the menu.

Adrienne Porter Felt, Engineer & Manager at Google Chrome, recently posted on Twitter about this new feature.

Want to be on your laptop? Follow these steps:
    1. Make sure your Chrome is up to date
    2. Right click on a text field
    3. See the new "Emoji" option in the menu
    4. Add emoji to everything

Brand new feature on Chrome for Windows this week!! pic.twitter.com/MfuGGvrYRx

— Adrienne Porter Felt (@__apf__) August 8, 2018

All you have to do is update Chrome to the latest version and that’s it. You don’t have to be on any beta version of Chrome. The feature is available on the latest stable version of Google Chrome, Version 68.0.3440.106.

To update Google Chrome to the latest version, go to Settings by clicking on the three dots on the top right corner. From Settings, click on About Chrome.

Once you have done that, Right Click on any text field (Seriously, any text field) and you would see a new Emoji option in the menu. Click on it and you would be greeted with all the Windows Emojis. How cool is that!!! Google Chrome gets a new Emoji option 1f60d.png

Google Chrome gets a new Emoji option Emojis-in-Google-Chrome.png

If you want to have Emojis outside Google Chrome, all you have to do is press the Windows key and Period(.) key and the Windows Emojis will pop up. You could have done this earlier with Google Chrome too but honestly, only a few people knew about that feature in Windows 10.

The post Google Chrome gets a new Emoji option appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 9, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Google Chrome gets a new Emoji option

Google Chrome crashes

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the Chrome browser crashes. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check whether you are able to repair Google Chrome and check if that helps.

In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.

• Select Programs > Programs and
      Features
      , and then select the program.
    • Select Uninstall to remove the program.
    • To fix the program, select Repair or, if that’s not available, Change.
    • Follow the directions on the screen
    If the repair option is not present, you may uninstall and reinstall the application and check if that helps.

If the issue still persists, it would be better if you contact the Google Chrome support for further assistance.

Hope the provided information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Google Chrome gets a new Emoji option

1. Google Chrome gets a new Emoji option - Similar Threads - Google Chrome gets

2. Emoji & word suggestions won't appear on Google Chrome - Twitter Only.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emoji & word suggestions won't appear on Google Chrome - Twitter Only.: Hey,I'm having this weirdest issue. You know how Windows suggest emojis sometimes depending on the word you type?For example it shows when you type happy.These words and emoji suggestions are working everywhere except Twitter on Google Chrome browser.When I start typing to...
  3. Emoji & word suggestions won't appear on Google Chrome - Twitter Only.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emoji & word suggestions won't appear on Google Chrome - Twitter Only.: Hey,I'm having this weirdest issue. You know how Windows suggest emojis sometimes depending on the word you type?For example it shows when you type happy.These words and emoji suggestions are working everywhere except Twitter on Google Chrome browser.When I start typing to...
  4. How do I get new(ish) emojis to display in Edge and Chrome?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get new(ish) emojis to display in Edge and Chrome?: Emojis like do not display in edge or chrome EXCEPT for inside context menus and address bars. In Firefox, it does show up. And it appears to be the microsoft version, even though that emoji won't show up in the emoji keyboard. Also, I installed the newest segoe UI emoji...
  5. New profiles experience in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    New profiles experience in Google Chrome: If you're one of the many families who share a computer in your home, or someone who uses their computer for both work and personal browsing, these stories may be familiar: You spent the previous day hand-picking your favorite browser colors and theme, only to discover that...
  6. Emoji picker no longer works on Windows 10 in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Emoji picker no longer works on Windows 10 in Google Chrome: I used to be able to insert an emoji in my posts or comments on reddit, or Facebook statuses, or whatever, by pressing Win-Period, then clicking the emoji I want to insert, but now clicking an emoji does nothing. At least in a text field - oddly enough I can still insert...
  7. Restore Google Chrome on a new PC?

in Browsers and Email
    Restore Google Chrome on a new PC?: Hello everybody! :) my computer broke down a few days ago, it just wouldn't boot anymore. Since then I have put a fresh installation of Windows 10 on a new hard disk. But now the question: Google Chrome allows you to synchronize data, settings, addons and passwords. But...
  8. Google Chrome new theme

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome new theme: If you want to try the new Google Chrome theme just go to chrome://flags and search for UI Layout for the browser's top chrome and change it to refresh 114285
  9. Google Chrome will get new interface with material design

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome will get new interface with material design: Google has been testing a material design interface on Chrome for quite some time now. These changes are seen in the Google Chrome Canary branch. The changes in the UI are more than just aesthetic improvements. Material UI design would ensure a more user-friendly interface....
  10. Enable or Disable Emoji Context Menu in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Emoji Context Menu in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Emoji Context Menu in Google Chrome in Windows How to Enable or Disable Emoji Picker Context Menu in Google Chrome in Windows Starting with Google Chrome 68, you can set a flag for an experimental feature to enable or disable the Emoji picker...