Windows 10: Google Chrome Likely to Dethrone Internet Explorer

Discus and support Google Chrome Likely to Dethrone Internet Explorer in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google Chrome Likely to Dethrone Internet Explorer as World’s Top Browser New data shows that IE is losing users very fast [img] The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Google Chrome Likely to Dethrone Internet Explorer

Google Chrome Likely to Dethrone Internet Explorer as World’s Top Browser
    New data shows that IE is losing users very fast

Google Chrome Likely to Dethrone Internet Explorer [​IMG]

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/googl...ampaign=buffer

Cluster Head, Mar 31, 2016
  2. Edwin New Member

Admittedly, still two of the best browsers, although, I still like FF the best, even in it's 'finicky' state as of late!

:)

Edwin, Mar 31, 2016
  3. Windows 10 multiple search engines

Can I install Google Chrome so it opens in Google Chrome, but does not change how other search engines open? I'm using Internet Explorer 11 as my main Internet Server and it defaults to my home page. I will not use Microsoft Edge because will not let me
    choose not to use Bing as it's default, and other restrictions that I cannot override. So, I'd like to add Google Chrome to my taskbar. What I need to know is if I download Google Chrome and agree to use Google Chrome be the default, will it make any changes in
    how Internet Explorer 11 opens?

rbs

rbs-jos2500, Mar 31, 2016
  4. Google Chrome Likely to Dethrone Internet Explorer

how do i stop a long running script on ie and fb and all other places i go

I'm asking about the Google Toolbar on Internet Explorer not Google Chrome.

Are you using Internet Explorer or Edge? If using IE, is the Google Toolbar installed?

Don

Don Varnau, Mar 31, 2016
  5. Winuser Win User
    I have my doubts about Firefox only being at 10.54%.

Winuser, Apr 1, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    I was thinking the same thing.

Edwin, Apr 1, 2016
  7. Victek Win User
    This is hardly surprising since in Windows 10 Internet Explorer is by default not available on the desktop while Chrome continues to be bundled with many apps and often gets installed unintentionally.

And as for Edge a simple thing Microsoft could have done to speed its adoption would have been to automatically import favorites from IE as part of the upgrade from 7/8.1. This oversight continues and I'm still getting the "where are my favorites" question from customers who have newly upgraded and believe that Edge is IE because of the almost identical icon. Anyway, Edge will have a fighting chance once extension support is made available in the release build.

Victek, Apr 1, 2016
  8. Wynona Win User

Google Chrome Likely to Dethrone Internet Explorer

I will probably never care all that much for Edge, mainly because Microsoft has insisted on changing my default browser to Edge without asking. Never mind that it's not even close to ready for prime time.

When you don't give me a choice in what I use, I tend not to use your product. I may have to use Windows, but Edge? Nope!

And yeah, I'm one of the Firefox users who are skeptical about its small share; I think there are more than that.

Wynona, Apr 1, 2016
  9. Winuser Win User
    I wonder if they pulled those numbers out of a hat?

Winuser, Apr 1, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    One of the first things I do when I get a computer to repair is uninstall anything Google, especially Chrome. I have a strong dislike for all things Google, even though I use Google as my search engine because I can't find anything else as good, and yes, I've tried many different one.

I install or update Firefox then make it the default browser.

I use Seamonkey myself but it's a lot like Firefox and Firefox is my 2nd choice. IE 11 is also acceptable. Edge not at all.

This is just another of the preferential choices we make, like anti-virus or image editing software.

Ztruker, Apr 1, 2016
  11. Ztruker Win User
    They pulled them out of somewhere for sure *chuckle

Ztruker, Apr 1, 2016
  12. Clam Win User
    Wait, did I get this right? Because of your personal preference and strong dislike for Google/their products, you remove all that from someone elses computer and install Firefox? That's... weird to say the least.

Also, been on Windows 10 for a while now, not once I had an issue where my default browser would be changed from Chrome to Edge, and I also use Firefox and Opera for various purposes, but Chrome is my default to-go browser and Edge is not causing any trouble - weird how some people have issues with it :/

13. Leopard Win User

Aren't the largest number of IE users, corporate users? I would has it a guess that when the Enterprise users migrate to W10 starting in 2017, Edge will become the number one browser. Then it is not so much a matter of preference. Numbers do not lie, right?

Leopard, Apr 1, 2016
  14. Leopard Win User
    I would expect that many home users today have several browsers installed and use them for all kinds of different reasons.

Leopard, Apr 1, 2016
  15. Winuser Win User
    I have three browsers on my main desktop. Two that came with Windows 10 (Edge & IE) and Pale Moon. I just did a factory reinstall and I'm still deciding if I'm going to reinstall Fire Fox. I tried Chrome and Vivaldi and didn't really care for them so I uninstalled them. Pale Moon is my daily browser. I use Edge as my main browser when I'm using the Windows 10 Insider build.

Winuser, Apr 1, 2016
Thema:

1. Google Chrome Likely to Dethrone Internet Explorer - Similar Threads - Google Chrome Likely

2. I get SSL errors on google chrome, steam, discord, internet explorer, and edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I get SSL errors on google chrome, steam, discord, internet explorer, and edge: This has been happening for about 2 days and I have no idea why can someone please help. It sometimes fixes for about 10 minutes after I restart my PC. submitted by /u/Itzcheapluck [link] [comments]...
  3. Internet Access Blocked on Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Access Blocked on Google Chrome: Until recently, Google Chrome was working on my computer but of late it just says the following: Your Internet access is blocked Firewall or antivirus software may have blocked the connection Try: Checking the connection Checking firewall and antivirus configurations...
  4. Acces of the internet through Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acces of the internet through Google Chrome: I'm unable to access the internet as an error message pops up as follows "C/Program Files(x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\Chrome.exe". It says that my "side-by-side configuration is incorrect". How do I go about fixing this problem?...
  5. Not able to download Google Chrome from Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer

Not able to download Google Chrome from Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer: Hi, I uninstalled google chrome due to various reasons and tried installing it again through Edge or Internet Explorer. But every time I try to install it says file contained virus and it delete's it. So is there any other way I can install Google Chrome. Please Help me....
  6. Strange Issue with Internet and Google Chrome

Strange Issue with Internet and Google Chrome: Almost every app or program that requires an internet connection will hang connecting until I open Google Chrome. I completely reinstalled Windows 10 after everything I attempted failed to solve this. Google search turns up a blank because it only points to Google Chrome not...
  7. Issue with Google Chrome loading but Internet Explorer works fine

Issue with Google Chrome loading but Internet Explorer works fine: I have a windows 10, MSI gaming laptop and recently had a hard drive failure. Swapped the HHD out for a SSD. I booted into a Recovery USB and windows loaded. Soon after I started seeing issues with google chrome. Before the hard drive failure I never once saw an issue with...
  8. google chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    google chrome: how can I get google chrome on my windows 10 laptop and set it as my default browser????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/fe8c2aa2-381f-484b-9ce5-cedc9bbd5d35
  9. Google Chrome webm player (don't like it)

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome webm player (don't like it): I had to re-install google chrome along with a few other programs, and I lost some configurations I made. chrome has this newer UI for their video-player when watching a video of either mp4 or webm format (not on youtube), and I don't like it. I remember there was (and im...
  10. new tabs in Google Chrome ,Firefox or Internet Explorer freezes PC

in Browsers and Email
    new tabs in Google Chrome ,Firefox or Internet Explorer freezes PC: Does anybody have a solution to this problem. When I open a couple of new tabs in Google Chrome ,Firefox or Internet Explorer it freezes my computer completely. It started with the latest Windows 10 update. 1. In Event Viewer - System I have this two errors constantly...