Windows 10: Google Chrome Notifications in Windows Action Center Won't Load Pages When Clicked

Discus and support Google Chrome Notifications in Windows Action Center Won't Load Pages When Clicked in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; With the most recent update to Google Chrome, push notifications are now in the Action Center. This would be fine, if clicking said push notifications... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DreadLight, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Google Chrome Notifications in Windows Action Center Won't Load Pages When Clicked

With the most recent update to Google Chrome, push notifications are now in the Action Center. This would be fine, if clicking said push notifications actually opened the page referred to IN the notification (example would be YouTube video notifications for subscribed channels). Instead, it just makes the notification disappear. How can this be fixed? At it is, seeing a notification for something and then having to go manually search for the item is beyond useless, and defeats the entire purpose of a push notification. Thanks for any assistance provided in advance!

:)

DreadLight, Aug 25, 2018

2. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Aug 25, 2018
  4. NEURO2015 Win User

Google Chrome Notifications in Windows Action Center Won't Load Pages When Clicked

Action Center notifications launching Win Store on click

Greetings everyone,

A new quirk occurred that I haven't found a solution for yet. It started several days ago, maybe after an update, but not sure:

• When a toast pops up, like a news alert, I go to the Action Center slide-out and click the news title to launch the article.
    • The click launches the Windows Store and takes me to the page to download the MSN News app, although it's already installed and working. There's a blue button to 'Launch' it. (see screen capture)
    • When I click the 'Launch' button, it then launches the MSN News app and takes me to the article that the toast notified me of.

I'm perplexed. How do I fix this so that the toast or headline in the Action Center opens the news app/article, instead of the store?

Thank you.

System: Windows 10 Pro AU x64, build 14393.447. All updates current.

Google Chrome Notifications in Windows Action Center Won't Load Pages When  Clicked [​IMG]

NEURO2015, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Google Chrome Notifications in Windows Action Center Won't Load Pages When Clicked

1. Google Chrome Notifications in Windows Action Center Won't Load Pages When Clicked - Similar Threads - Google Chrome Notifications

2. some notifications from google chrome do not appear in action center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some notifications from google chrome do not appear in action center: Hi,I have set up:But when I get a notification for an important email using gmail in the browser , this notification does not appear in the action centre. I can see it on the desktopalso a number appears in the action centre.But everything is gone again immediately.I have...
  3. some notifications from google chrome do not appear in action center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some notifications from google chrome do not appear in action center: Hi,I have set up:But when I get a notification for an important email using gmail in the browser , this notification does not appear in the action centre. I can see it on the desktopalso a number appears in the action centre.But everything is gone again immediately.I have...
  4. some notifications from google chrome do not appear in action center

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Notification click not working in action center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification click not working in action center: After I get a notification, by any application in windows 10, if not clicked by the user goes to Action center. But when the notification is clicked on the action center it is not opening the particular application or link as expected. Notification just disappears. I have to...
  6. Notification click not working in action center

Notification click not working in action center: After I get a notification, by any application in windows 10, if not clicked by the user goes to Action center. But when the notification is clicked on the action center it is not opening the particular application or link as expected. Notification just disappears. I have to...
  7. Notification click not working in action center

8. Notification center won't open Action center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification center won't open Action center: Hi there, I've encountered this rare bug while trying to personalize the Notification and Action center not sure of the exact terminology, Microsoft was never good with it. I wanted to check if I had the relevant shortcuts in there I don't care much about notifications. I...
  9. Notification center won't open Action center

Notification center won't open Action center: Hi there, I've encountered this rare bug while trying to personalize the Notification and Action center not sure of the exact terminology, Microsoft was never good with it. I wanted to check if I had the relevant shortcuts in there I don't care much about notifications. I...
  10. Notification center won't open Action center

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Google Chrome Notifications in Windows Action Center Wont Load Pages When Clicked