Windows 10: Google Chrome on Windows incorrectly warns some users against incompatible apps

Discus and support Google Chrome on Windows incorrectly warns some users against incompatible apps in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google Chrome is without a doubt the most popular internet browser in the world right now and according to third-party data, it holds close to 65%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 18, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Google Chrome on Windows incorrectly warns some users against incompatible apps

Google Chrome is without a doubt the most popular internet browser in the world right now and according to third-party data, it holds close to 65% market share. Google Chrome is easy to use and secure. Last year, the search engine giant updated the web browser with a much-needed built-in software that would warn users about incompatible apps.

It’s an experimental feature and sometime it could incorrectly warn users against the apps. Over the last few days, in an old Google product forum post, the users have revealed that Google Chrome browser is incorrectly warning them against legit apps and the warning appeared after the browser crashed. In another thread, users claim that they have received a similar warning.

Google Chrome on Windows incorrectly warns some users against incompatible apps Chrome-browser-error.jpg

A user on Reddit social media website has also shared a screenshot that shows Chrome browser’s false warning in action. According to the Reddit user, the Chrome browser crashed and it launched with the above screen. The issue is not limited to any specific app and it appears to be a Google Chrome issue.

By the looks of things, the reports date back to June but some new reports have surfaced online over the last few days.

A Google Chrome developer responded to the issue on June 22:

“Chrome dev here. This is related to a new feature that aims to prevent third party software from injecting into Chrome’s processes and interfering with its code. This type of software injection is rampant on the Windows platform, and causes significant stability issues (crashes). The Microsoft Edge browser already does this kind of blocking, and we are in the process of making Chrome behave similarly. What you are seeing is the warning phase of year-long effort to enable blocking, originally announced in November 2017.

Since it is effectively impossible for Chrome to automatically determine whether any particular piece of software is innocently injecting or purposefully injecting and interfering with Chrome code. To keep things simple we warn about all injected software, without making value judgments. Note that soon we will actually start blocking software from injecting, at which point this warning will cease to show. Note that you should only be seeing these crashes if you manually navigate to the chrome://settings/ incompatibleApplications page, or on a startup after the Chrome browser has crashed”.

It’s worth noting that this feature is currently considered experimental and only a small number users may see these warnings. If you’re seeing this error, you can safely ignore.

Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is based on reports from the Google Product Forum and Reddit social media website. Windows Latest makes no claims, guarantees about the accuracy or completeness in this article or linked pages, and shall not be held responsible for anything we say in this article.

The post Google Chrome on Windows incorrectly warns some users against incompatible apps appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 18, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Google Chrome not working windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing any issues with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue confined to Google Chrome?
    • Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Google Chrome?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Uninstall Google Chrome and then re-install

Press Windows key + X and click Programs & Features

Right click Google Chrome and click Uninstall

Re-install Google Chrome and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact the developer of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome Support Forum

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Google Chrome on Windows incorrectly warns some users against incompatible apps - Similar Threads - Google Chrome incorrectly

2. Google Chrome flagging as "incompatible" in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome flagging as "incompatible" in Windows 10: Okay, so I know this is not true, since it works fine on all of the other 11 PC's in our office.The newest PC, however, did not want to know Chrome would look as if it was about to start - then, nothing.I ran a compatibility check and Windows tells me Chrome is not compatible...
  3. Windows 2004 is warning against itself or ... what ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 2004 is warning against itself or ... what ?: After a ton of updates this morning on a Windows 10 2004 machine I get this warning: [ATTACH] What to do now ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-2004-is-warning-against-itself-or-what/3c700813-51e1-4ab8-9b39-4469c143d9f5
  4. Protecting against resource-heavy ads in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Protecting against resource-heavy ads in Google Chrome: Chrome is developed to be fast and responsive without harmful or annoying experiences. Recently, following the Better Ads Standards, we have taken steps to address ads that most people find unacceptable. Prior to that, we also launched a set of protections against abusive...
  5. Google Chrome - Windows not recognizing as App

Google Chrome - Windows not recognizing as App: TLDR: Windows wasn't recognizing Chrome as an App: No default browser, no uninstall, etc. Solution: Windows Key Type Google Chrome Right Click Google Chrome Left Click "Run as Administrator" I was working with a Windows support guy, Raja, for an hour or two tonight....
  6. Incompatibility of Google Chrome with Windows 10

Incompatibility of Google Chrome with Windows 10: How can I resolve my problem with compatibility of Google Chrome? I am not able to use it since the last update was installed for windows. And no I don't want to use Edge. It does not work for my purposes....
  7. Google Chrome in Xbox app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome in Xbox app.: Hi. I have Google Chrome installed on my PC. I accidentally set it to recognize as a game. Now, I un-ticked the "remember as game" (or something like that), and I even tried right clicking on it in the Xbox App and hitting, "remove from my games". But that button literally...
  8. Google Chrome Warning.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome Warning.: Google Chrome users should be on the look-out for a terrifying new scam. A malicious application that disguises itself to look like the Google Chrome web browser has been discovered. Credit Card Stealer Disguises as Google Chrome Browser 79189
  9. Chrome warning

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome warning: Everyone should read this Use Google Chrome browser? The Shocking MALWARE scam everyone should know about | Tech | Life & Style | Express.co.uk 86900
  10. Warning: Attackers can Steal Windows Credentials using Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Warning: Attackers can Steal Windows Credentials using Google Chrome: Attacks that leak authentication credentials using the SMB file sharing protocol on Windows OS are an ever-present issue, exploited in various ways but usually limited to local area networks. One of the rare research involving attacks over the internet was recently presented...