Windows 10: Google Chrome Reducing power consumption for background tabs

Discus and support Google Chrome Reducing power consumption for background tabs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Efficient power usage is an important aspect of speed, one of Chrome’s key pillars. To prolong battery life, Chrome should minimize power impact from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Google Chrome Reducing power consumption for background tabs

Source: Chromium Blog: Reducing power consumption for background tabs

Brink, Mar 14, 2017
  2. dskiller Win User

I'm finding that this is causing latency issues and causing display driver to stop responding on picky gpus. I know article said cpu. But this is also effecting hardware acceleration. I had 4 tabs in chrome and clicked one tab dragged it to separate it out of that window and system froze and sometimes it recovered or bsod and reboot.

:)

dskiller, Mar 15, 2017
  3. N96 and that damn flashing light!

Hopefully this will reduce power consumption too...?

leevickers, Mar 15, 2017
  4. Google Chrome Reducing power consumption for background tabs

High cpu usage

If your computer running Windows 10 blows hard, CPU consumption is constantly on the tab and it quickly empties the battery , it may be because of the process that manages the virtual memory compression.

Follow this to reduce the compression performance through power shell and this will reduce CPU Usage

(Solved) Windows 10 consumes all the CPU of your machine?

TechnoblogyWeb, Mar 15, 2017
Thema:

Google Chrome Reducing power consumption for background tabs

1. Google Chrome Reducing power consumption for background tabs - Similar Threads - Google Chrome Reducing

2. Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome: Good morning, I would like to update to windows 11 in the coming days. My laptop is currently running windows 10. As I have a lot of important tabs open in Google Chrome I would like to keep them also after the upgrade. Is that possible? If not, could I just save them as...
  3. is that a google chrome tabs?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is that a google chrome tabs?: the number beside google chrome, is that how may tabs you have open? or what? because i only have 2 tabs open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-a-google-chrome-tabs/e2a376d1-e8f8-4739-a5b7-4d2e63794770
  4. Introducing tab groups in Google Chrome to keep tabs on your tabs

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing tab groups in Google Chrome to keep tabs on your tabs: Coming to Chrome: a new way to use tabs There are two types of people in the world: tab minimalists who have just a few tabs open at a time and tab collectors who have...significantly more. For minimalists and collectors alike, we’re bringing a new way to...
  5. Intel to reduce Chromium’s power consumption on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Intel to reduce Chromium’s power consumption on Windows 10: The Chromium platform is the king of the web browsing market. However, Chromium-based Chrome has the reputation of being a power-hungry browser on Windows devices. If you feel the Chrome browser in your laptop is draining the battery, then we have good news for you—Intel is...
  6. Chrome background tabs NOT loading until focused..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome background tabs NOT loading until focused..: Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) This problem seems to be across all chromium builds in my computer: Google Chrome, Brave, Opera Any new tab that I open keeps on loading forever "fake loading" until I select it; only then it loads normally I JUST CAN'T know...
  7. Huge Background data Consumption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Huge Background data Consumption: Data was consuming in background even i turn off the updates.Whenever i connect to a network automatically data was consuming but i cant understand which app is consuming.Every time i check data usage statistics system is consuming huge amount of data.Im attaching a...
  8. Enable or Disable Changing New Tab Page Background in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Changing New Tab Page Background in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Changing New Tab Page Background in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Changing New Tab Page Background in Google Chrome in Windows This tutorial is no longer valid in the latest Google Chrome. Starting with default search engine....
  9. Microsoft Research - Reducing Power Consumption of Mobile Games

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Research - Reducing Power Consumption of Mobile Games: In the last decade, mobile gaming has grown into a huge industry. According to Newzoo, the global mobile games market will reach $46.1 billion in 2017, a 19.4% increase from the year before. Players can enjoy amazing gaming experience on mobile devices due to the...
  10. Enable or Disable Google Chrome Background Tab Throttling in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Google Chrome Background Tab Throttling in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Google Chrome Background Tab Throttling in Windows How to Enable or Disable Google Chrome Background Tab Throttling in Windows The stable channel of Google Chrome 57 for desktop ships with the background tab throttling power optimization...