Windows 10: Google Chrome security issue. Change this setting now!

Discus and support Google Chrome security issue. Change this setting now! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; If you have Chrome set to automatically download files, it may be a good thing to change that option to ask you where to save. You should disable... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bobby Phoenix, May 18, 2017.

1. Google Chrome security issue. Change this setting now!

Bobby Phoenix, May 18, 2017

2. Google Chrome has suddenly stopped working in windows 10 -

It's likely due to a Setting on Google Part.

Recently Google Chrome changed their security Model and has Deemed Microsoft Outlook or what ever as insecure and in order. (It seems Microsoft is not using the latest security Techniques – Google's opinion not mine. It's possible it's just as secure but
    Microsoft goes about it in a manner that google doesn't recognize.)

You have to Go into Chrome's Settings and turn down Security a Notch or two, and save settings.

Disclaimer:

The questions, discussions, opinions, replies & answers I create, are solely mine and mine alone, and do not reflect upon my position as a Community Moderator.

Phillip M Jones, May 18, 2017
  3. compatibilty issues

I have Google Chrome installed as another alternative Internet access. It recently will not activate on W10 as it indicates "compatibility issues". Trying the compatibility section it show Google Chrome as set for W8 and will not allow me to manually
    change the setting to W10

allandavison, May 18, 2017
  4. gtspeck Win User

Google Chrome security issue. Change this setting now!

Appreciate the heads up. Thanks*Smile

gtspeck, May 19, 2017
Thema:

Google Chrome security issue. Change this setting now!

1. Google Chrome security issue. Change this setting now! - Similar Threads - Google Chrome security

2. Issue logging in to Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue logging in to Google Chrome: Is there a setting that, as before, will not have the computer ask if I want to modify settings each time I log in to Chrome? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-logging-in-to-google-chrome/a1022414-5747-4c2a-b18a-2d27f510b95c
  3. Google Improving Security and Privacy for Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google Improving Security and Privacy for Extensions in Google Chrome: No, Chrome isn’t killing ad blockers -- we’re making them safer Posted by Devlin Cronin, Chrome Extensions Team The Chrome Extensions ecosystem has seen incredible advancement, adoption, and growth since its launch over ten years ago. Extensions are a great way for users to...
  4. Google Chrome is now usless to me.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Chrome is now usless to me.: What did Microsoft do? And when will it be fixed! I can open Chrome to my home page, but when I click a saved sight or type one in, I get a timed out message. But when I use Edge it works fine. (and no I don't want to use Edge)...
  5. Google Chrome issue with a roadway site

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome issue with a roadway site: Hey. Ever since this most recent update to Windows 10, I can no longer get an active map on Cruz511.org on Chrome browser. The map shows up but does not populate. It works on firefox and on my husband's Windows 8 chrome browser. Can't think of any other reason it suddenly...
  6. Issue with Secure Sign-In and Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issue with Secure Sign-In and Chrome: I have Secure Sign-In enabled on my computer. Whenever I walk away for an extended period of time the computer goes into sleep mode and normally when I wake it I get the Secure Sign-In screen. Lately when I leave and still have Chrome open and the computer goes into sleep...
  7. Google Chrome 68 will now mark HTTP as 'not secure'

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome 68 will now mark HTTP as 'not secure': Security has been one of Chrome’s core principles since the beginning—we’re constantly working to keep you safe as you browse the web. Nearly two years ago, we announced that Chrome would eventually mark all sites that are not encrypted with HTTPS as “not secure”. This makes...
  8. Evolving security indicators for Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Evolving security indicators for Google Chrome: Previously, we posted a proposal to mark all HTTP pages as definitively “not secure” and remove secure indicators for HTTPS pages. HTTPS usage on the web has taken off as we’ve evolved Chrome security indicators. Later this year, we’ll be taking several more steps along this...
  9. Google Chrome Search settings ?

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Search settings ?: Hello & Thanks, Google Chrome Search: 1) when I click on link , computer 1 opens up a new Tab. 2) when I click on link , computer 2 opens link on same Tab. Pls, how can I get 2 to open New Tab ? Where is that setting ? Thanks 83930
  10. Google Cast is now built-in to Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google Cast is now built-in to Chrome: Two years ago we launched Google Cast, an extension for Chrome that allowed you to show content from your favorite websites on the best screen in your home — your TV — using Chromecast. Whether watching your favorite show on Netflix, or sharing a photo slideshow at a family...