Windows 10: Google Chrome Streamlining Notifications on Desktop

Discus and support Google Chrome Streamlining Notifications on Desktop in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; This past spring, Chrome began supporting push notifications for web pages via the emerging web push standard. However, notifications in Chrome aren’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Google Chrome Streamlining Notifications on Desktop

Source: Chromium Blog: Streamlining Notifications on Desktop

:)

Brink, Oct 15, 2015

2. Disable Facebook Notifications Windows 10

So I was about to chime in to say I have the same issue but then I had a brain wave. I have Google Chrome installed - Chrome notifications pop up in the bottom right corner of the desktop in a very similar way to Windows. I must have signed in to facebook
    via chrome at some point and chrome decided to save those details. If you have the same problem, in chrome go to settings - Privacy - Content settings - Notifications - Manage exceptions from there you can allow or block all Chromes notifications. Hope this
    helps

YachtyPhil, Oct 15, 2015
  3. Cyclemut Win User
    Disable Facebook Notifications Windows 10

Try "right click" on the Facebook tile, then go to "More".

Turn the Live Tile option to Off. Notifications are then gone for the Facebook tile. There was the setting in Facebook that allowed Chrome to give updates too, even when Facebook is NOT installed on your computer. If you're signed into Google, or Chrome,
    and even if Facebook is not installed on the system, Facebook defaults to allow Google to access your account and give you the notifications for Facebook. Nice huh?

You have to log into Facebook through Chrome, then you can go to "Settings", "Notifications", then turn off the permission in "Desktop and Mobile". Then Google won't have permission and you won't see the notifications in the lower right come up any more.

While you're logged into your account through Chrome, cruise over to your "Privacy" tab. There's a link in there that will allow you to download a copy of all of the information that Facebook has gathered on you. Click it, then sit down, then go through
    it. Old Nokia phones are looking way more appealing now.

Cyclemut, Oct 15, 2015
  4. Almighty1 Win User

Thanks, was wondering why yesterday my notifications icon was stuck as it didn't respond, when it updated Chrome Beta 46 to Beta 47. After I started Beta 47, the notifications icon was no where to be found, thought I had to do the reset notifications tray icon again...

Almighty1, Oct 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Google Chrome Streamlining Notifications on Desktop - Similar Threads - Google Chrome Streamlining

2. Virus Notifications On Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus Notifications On Google Chrome: I kept receiving VIRUS notification from a site "rqstz.titaniumveinshaper.com" and it says i have to buy a plan to make a scan and for remove the viruses,,,I opened any website which show redirect like something and ask for allow and i mistakenly allowed it and after that I...
  3. Virus Notifications On Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus Notifications On Google Chrome: I kept receiving VIRUS notification from a site "rqstz.titaniumveinshaper.com" and it says i have to buy a plan to make a scan and for remove the viruses,,,I opened any website which show redirect like something and ask for allow and i mistakenly allowed it and after that I...
  4. Virus Notifications On Google Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can't get Google Chrome notifications banners or in the Notification Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get Google Chrome notifications banners or in the Notification Center: Brand new Lenovo V15 G2 ALC laptop with Windows 11 home. On the System->Notifications screen in the Settings app, I can turn on notifications for Google Chrome. but I do not get the banners or notifications on the notifications center, I can hear the notification but not see...
  6. Can't get Google Chrome notifications banners or in the Notification Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get Google Chrome notifications banners or in the Notification Center: Brand new Lenovo V15 G2 ALC laptop with Windows 11 home. On the System->Notifications screen in the Settings app, I can turn on notifications for Google Chrome. but I do not get the banners or notifications on the notifications center, I can hear the notification but not see...
  7. Google Chrome Virus Detected Notification

Google Chrome Virus Detected Notification: I accidentally clicked on the notification and now i think i might have a virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/google-chrome-virus-detected-notification/b03d828b-d41a-40d4-bef6-163816a590d6
  8. Virus Notifications on Google Chrome

Virus Notifications on Google Chrome: I kept receiving virus notifications from a site called, "beta-news.org". I clicked on some Captcha, which allowed the site to send me notifications. The notifications contained misspellings, and clearly seemed like a scam, trying to gain information about me. I disabled the...
  9. Weird Google Chrome Notification Style

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Google Chrome Notification Style: For the past few days, I am getting a different type of Google Chrome notification. Something like thisAnd I don't quite like this, style. I prefer the notification style belowAny ideas how to change this?...
  10. Google Chrome web notifications not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome web notifications not working.: After an update a few months ago, the notifications for websites, like Google Calendar and Gmail do not work unless the tab is open. They do have permission to send notifications. I have tried restarting my computer several times, updating my drivers and checking for system...