Windows 10: Google Chrome SWReporter Is Back In Version 68.0.3440.106

Discus and support Google Chrome SWReporter Is Back In Version 68.0.3440.106 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For months now I have stopped Google Chrome from phoning home with its SWReporter tool. This tool supposedly scans your system for "malware" or really... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tracit99, Aug 12, 2018.

1. tracit99 Win User

Google Chrome SWReporter Is Back In Version 68.0.3440.106

For months now I have stopped Google Chrome from phoning home with its SWReporter tool. This tool supposedly scans your system for "malware" or really anything that will "affect Google Chrome's operation". Well at least that is the explanation given by Google and besides it is all for your own good, so says Google. With the release of Version 68.0.3440.106 Google Chrome has circumvented my block and is once again collecting data and phoning home with whatever if finds. While many software companies employ similar practices, the whole thing just strikes me as a little odd and somewhat under-handed way to gather information. I am no tinfoil hat type of user, but wouldn't if be refreshing if these software companies were just a little more up front and forthcoming about exactly what they are doing? I am just asking.

Michael T

:)

tracit99, Aug 12, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Google Chrome SWReporter Is Back In Version 68.0.3440.106

Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Google Chrome SWReporter Is Back In Version 68.0.3440.106

1. Google Chrome SWReporter Is Back In Version 68.0.3440.106 - Similar Threads - Google Chrome SWReporter

2. Google Chrome (currently version 88)

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome (currently version 88): Hello. I'm not sure if Google implemented this feature in a recent previous version (such as version 87), but I know that this is a feature in version 88 of Google Chrome. The worst idea that Google (no offence to them) has ever implemented in their technology. It's called:...
  3. Google Chrome (currently version 88)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome (currently version 88): Hello. I'm not sure if Google implemented this feature in a recent previous version (such as version 87), but I know that this is a feature in version 88 of Google Chrome. The worst idea that Google (no offence to them) has ever implemented in their technology. It's called:...
  4. Deprecating Legacy TLS Versions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Deprecating Legacy TLS Versions in Google Chrome: Last October we announced our plans to remove support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in Chrome 81. In this post we’re announcing a pre-removal phase in which we’ll introduce a gentler warning UI, and previewing the UI that we’ll use to block TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in Chrome 81. Site...
  5. Google pushes out native Windows 10 notifications support in Chrome 68 version

in Windows 10 News
    Google pushes out native Windows 10 notifications support in Chrome 68 version: Earlier this year we had reported that Google is testing support for native Windows 10 notifications for its Chrome browser. There was no confirmed ETA given as to when the company plans to roll out the feature to its Chrome browser. Today we report that Google has now...
  6. Google Chrome 68 gets a new feature to reduce RAM usage

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome 68 gets a new feature to reduce RAM usage: Let’s talk about two facts. One, Google Chrome is the most popular and feature-rich browser out there. Two, Google Chrome is a memory hog. It eats into your RAM as if it is a tasty cookie. Google Chrome has received a ton of updates over the years and none of them reduced its...
  7. Google Chrome 68 will now mark HTTP as 'not secure'

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome 68 will now mark HTTP as 'not secure': Security has been one of Chrome’s core principles since the beginning—we’re constantly working to keep you safe as you browse the web. Nearly two years ago, we announced that Chrome would eventually mark all sites that are not encrypted with HTTPS as “not secure”. This makes...
  8. Current Version of Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Current Version of Google Chrome: Hi! I am running Google Chrome Stable version in windows 10...I just realized i haven't gotten any updates in quite some time...every time i hit the "about google chrome" section in the settings which triggers the checker to see if there is a new version, it says it is up to...
  9. Back to Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Back to Google Chrome: I keep on trying Edge because I really LOVE the lightning fast speed of the thing. But I'm now going back to Chrome for good UNTIL MS release more improvements to Edge. The current version of Edge has too many annoyances and little things that they need to sort. -...
  10. Error 106

in Windows 10 Support
    Error 106: I am trying to install an online game to the directory of C: .. However , I am getting error 106 which denotes that there's not enough space and/or there is no permission to the folder. i checked my windows 10 home premium hard disk space and it shows 190gb left out of...