Windows 10: Google Chrome will not launch after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

Discus and support Google Chrome will not launch after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; So this is a weird situation. I upgraded to windows 10 from 7. Everything is working well (so far) except for Chrome. When I click the Chrome icon in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by shaxs, Aug 1, 2015.

1. shaxs Win User

Google Chrome will not launch after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

So this is a weird situation. I upgraded to windows 10 from 7. Everything is working well (so far) except for Chrome. When I click the Chrome icon in the task bar, nothing happens. However, if I look in the task manager, there are processes running for Chrome. Down in the task bar, there is no blue line under the icon to denote that it is running. I have tried the following:

1) Used Windows + Tab to see if it was running on a different desktop. No.
    2) Uninstalled.
    3) Downloaded it over again and reinstalled. When it is down installing, it is supposed to launch the browser, but I do not see anything but a process in the task manager.
    4) Rebooted the computer, installed Windows Updates.

I for the life of me can't get it to run. Or at least show up visually as it seems to have a process running in the background. Any clue as to how I might fix. I am really liking windows 10, but not having chrome is kind of difficult. While I like the edge browser, I use Last Pass way too much not to use a browser without addon support.

Google Chrome will not launch after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 [​IMG]

:)

shaxs, Aug 1, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 about a month ago. I'm finding that occasionally after startup Google Chrome with fail to launch although it appears to launch and operate correctly if I wait a considerable period of time after startup ~30mins.
    The version of Google Chrome I'm using was installed in 2012. I attempted to uninstall Chrome to download the newest version, but the operating system will not allow me to uninstall Chrome -- a message was displayed about closing Chrome applications
    in windows 8 mode was displayed. I then attempted to open task manager to look for open Chrome applications and the "task manager" command does not work. At some point a message appears essentially indicating the task manager.lnk file cannot be found.

RichardWhiteLong, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Google Chrome will not launch after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try restart your computer couple of times and check if it helps because sometimes restarting the computer will fix many issues.

Method 2: If the issue doesn’t persist try to boot the windows in
    Clean boot and check.

Clean boot- It’s a process where in you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.
    A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

To boot Windows in Clean boot please refer the link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After Clean boot troubleshooting step, follow the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Note: Also applies to Windows 10 RTM

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 1, 2015
  4. shaxs Win User

Any ideas?? I need Chrome *Sad

shaxs, Aug 2, 2015
  5. Victek Win User
    Victek, Aug 2, 2015
  6. Quite a few threads here on the issue that you may want to check out. I've used all four builds of Chrome on Windows 10 with no problems whatsoever.

cyberrufus, Aug 2, 2015
  7. shaxs Win User
    Yeah it is so weird. I have never seen something like this before. Thanks for the links everyone. I will check them out when I get off work.

shaxs, Aug 2, 2015
  8. shaxs Win User

Following these instructions and using the Revo uninstaller,
    Google Groups, I got chrome working again...

shaxs, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Google Chrome will not launch after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Google Chrome launch

2. Can't launch Google Chrome in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't launch Google Chrome in Windows 10: Hello,After system restore I can't launch Google Chrome: when I click on it, nothing happens.I searched on the web ... among hints that I found - kill Chrome in Task manager or reinstall Chrome.Concerning Task manager - there is no Chrome there.Concerning reinstall, I'm not...
  3. Can't launch Google Chrome in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't launch Google Chrome in Windows 10: Hello,After system restore I can't launch Google Chrome: when I click on it, nothing happens.I searched on the web ... among hints that I found - kill Chrome in Task manager or reinstall Chrome.Concerning Task manager - there is no Chrome there.Concerning reinstall, I'm not...
  4. Can't launch Google Chrome in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Google Chrome will not launch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome will not launch: Yesterday all was fine. This morning I clicked, as usual, on my Google Chrome shortcut on my desktop. It would not work. I tried the icon on the launch bar. Won't work. I checked and there was a Windows 10 update last night. I googled on my other pc and saw a couple of...
  6. Windows 10 Google Chrome will not launch

Windows 10 Google Chrome will not launch: Hi, Google Chrome has stopped working on my PC Windows 10. A few weeks ago, it just stopped opening. It is pinned to the taskbar and is open in Task Manager but it is not visible on my screen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no change. Any ideas how...
  7. Google Chrome not launching

Google Chrome not launching: I cannot launch Chrome from my Surface Pro/Windows 10. Tried uninstalling, but it says it's already open which it is not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-not-launching/60ef656b-8b87-4017-a472-0a5375c345c0
  8. Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7

Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7: I don't like Windows 10. I upgraded from Windows 7 on most of my systems. It feels weird that I have to upgrade such a great operating system that I used with not many problems and easy to use and is losing support. It doesn't feel right for a consumer that is happy on...
  9. Google Chrome Windows 10

Google Chrome Windows 10: I would like to know how to activate autofill on my pc with Google Chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-windows-10/ba8bd517-6942-44c5-9e03-02c1f89f1108
  10. Google Chrome for Windows 10

Google Chrome for Windows 10: I'm trying to install Google Chrome and I'm getting error code 57. Why does this happen? Why can not I install Chrome? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-for-windows-10/1cb632d3-a0d0-4f3c-8fe2-420b64714462