Windows 10: Google disables domain-fronting

Discus and support Google disables domain-fronting in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; An update to the Google App Engine has disabled a technique known as 'domain-fronting' which allowed blocked services to help users bypass state-level... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Google disables domain-fronting

Until recently, one could use Google's main domain - Google - as a front to achieve domain-fronting, which allowed services that are active proponents of anti-censorship efforts, such as Signal and Psiphon VPN, to pass encrypted data in and out of a country pretending to be Google-specific traffic, though it has also been used by hackers to illicitly obtain information.

The update disabling this technique was caught by developers over at the Tor network in the middle of a rollout on April 13th. In a statement to The Verge, Google said:

"Domain-fronting has never been a supported feature at Google, but until recently it worked because of a quirk of our software stack. We’re constantly evolving our network, and as part of a planned software update, domain-fronting no longer works. We don’t have any plans to offer it as a feature."

:)

Brink, Apr 18, 2018

2. Can't login to new computer upgraded from win7 to win10

I believe it might be an issue with Kerberos authentication. Because I have not been in front of AD in a while I can't tell you what to check, but there should be an option from the User properties that you have to disable.

Which version of Windows Server is running on the domain?

How to Join a Windows 10 PC to a Domain

Andre Da Costa, Apr 18, 2018
  3. WIN10 EDGE BROWSER STOP WORKING AFTER JOIN LOCAL IN DOMAIN, IF I DISABLE FIREWALL SERVICE ALL WORK FINE...

Hi,

I' ve a problem with microsoft edge and microsofrf store.

Situation:

Windows 10 Professional ( preinstalled fujitsu workstation ).

All microsoft update ok.

EDGE browser work fine.

Join in local domain (FIXED IP, PRIMARY DNS DOMAIN CONTROLLER, SECONDARY DNS GOOGLE )

Join ok , no errors.

Internet explorer 11 ok, chrome, mozzilla ok no problem.

EDGE AND MICROSOFT STORE BROKEN!

IF I DISABLE WINDOWS FIREWALL, EDGE WORKS!

IF I SET PRIMARY DNS GOOGLE AND REBOOT MACHINE, EDGE WORKS!

ANY IDEA ????

MP SYSTEM SRL, Apr 18, 2018
Thema:

Google disables domain-fronting

1. Google disables domain-fronting - Similar Threads - Google disables domain

2. Disable UAC for non admin on domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable UAC for non admin on domain: I have a Windows 11 computer. UAC doesn't allow me to lower the UAC settings for a non admin user on this computer. It keeps telling me to log in to an administrator account to do so but when I log into that administrator account it doesn't change it for the non admin user. I...
  3. Disable UAC for non admin on domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable UAC for non admin on domain: I have a Windows 11 computer. UAC doesn't allow me to lower the UAC settings for a non admin user on this computer. It keeps telling me to log in to an administrator account to do so but when I log into that administrator account it doesn't change it for the non admin user. I...
  4. front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...: my front panel jack doesnt work because the option ' disable front panel jack ' is enabled in the realtek audio console but i thought it would help me if i deleted it realtek audibut it made it worse and now i cant download the realtek audio console cause my microsoft store...
  5. front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...: my front panel jack doesnt work because the option ' disable front panel jack ' is enabled in the realtek audio console but i thought it would help me if i deleted it realtek audibut it made it worse and now i cant download the realtek audio console cause my microsoft store...
  6. There’s NO “Disable front panel jack detection option

There’s NO “Disable front panel jack detection option: My laptop’s headphone port just stopped working. It shows that it plays through the headphones but no sound coming through. My headphones work perfectly on other devices as well. Ive tried everything i could. and there’s no “Disable front panel jack detection” option in the...
  7. CANNOT Get Front Panel Jack to Work, NOR Disable Front Jack Detection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CANNOT Get Front Panel Jack to Work, NOR Disable Front Jack Detection: [ATTACH] I've been wrestling with this **** all day and I'm very frustrated, to say the least. I've never had much of a problem with Windows 10 and I tend to like it, for the most part... But, now that Realtek's decided to stop ******* supporting its HD Audio Manager and...
  8. How do I disable the front headphone Jack?

How do I disable the front headphone Jack?: Hi I broke off my 3.5mm cord for speakers in front headphone jack. Ive tried everybody everybody has said everywhere (im pretty good with computers but just had half my teeth out, i physically can take pain killers and i cant think) but cant figure out how to shut off the...
  9. Disable Dropbox and Google Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Dropbox and Google Drive: I have two users on my laptop, they are both me, one when I'm home, my laptop is connected to a 22" monitor and I use it like a desktop computer. My other user is when I travel, so that has very few apps on the desktop and in the taskbar. When I'm on wifi in a hotel I don't...
  10. No option to disable front jack detection Realtek 6.0.1

No option to disable front jack detection Realtek 6.0.1: *Sad It just don't detect headphones 51080