Windows 10: google drive icon gone after moved document folder location to Gdrive

Discus and support google drive icon gone after moved document folder location to Gdrive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Simply it was there as an icon and syncs. I then opened folder 'documents' properties, and reassigned location to be under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sdowney717, Jan 23, 2017.

1. google drive icon gone after moved document folder location to Gdrive

google drive icon gone after moved document folder location to Gdrive [​IMG]
    Simply it was there as an icon and syncs.
    I then opened folder 'documents' properties, and reassigned location to be under c:\users\tricia\Google Drive.
    Win10 copied all the files and they were synced to google drive on the web site.
    But the icon for google drive vanished.

Here is a picture, it no longer appears, is this normal?
    What would happen if I revert the location back to default target ?

Online instruction to do this.
    How to: Automatically Backup My Documents Folder To Google Drive

It is working, but the danger is if someone deletes your files on google drive, it will sync back to your pc and delete them too. It is very convenient. To do it the stock way, means you have double files on your PC.

Can google drive be configured to only sync forward, not backwards?

:)

sdowney717, Jan 23, 2017
  2. KLovko Win User

This PC system folders nested - irreversible (Windows 10)

I was moving system folders from their original location (C:\Users\username) to folders I created on D drive, everytime choosing to move the files inside along with the folder. At last I moved the Desktop folder to D:\Documents\Desktop, and suddenly all
    the files from the Documents folder appeared on the desktop. Now my ThisPC list has four folders named Documents but the icons are still different (Documents icon, Music icon, Videos icon and Pictures icon). Everything I put in any of these folders also appears
    on the desktop.

If I try to move any of this folder to its default location, I see the Documents icon at the top of the Location window and clicking the default location button gives back this path: C:\Users\username\Documents.

Is there any way to restore system folder names and corresponding folder locations? Maybe through regedit?

KLovko, Jan 23, 2017
  3. SonicJay1 Win User
    Duplicate Documents folder, and no Videos Folder

On my system, I use an SSD and 2HDD's, One for games and the other documents and the SSD for the Os. I've run into problems, however when I moved my libraries to its new drive, I gained a duplicate documents
    folder, and my videos folder seems to be gone into the abyss on both the new drive and the original on the SSD, aside from it appearing on the left of the Explorer, with the name documents, that leads to documents but with the videos icon

On the file location, both folders lead to the same place, and if one is changed so is the others file location. They are linked to the same place, but videos are gone. My question is really, how to do
    I fix this and get my videos folder back. (for convieniance, nothing is in any of the folders, I've moved it all onto my personal cloud - not one drive, my Seagate home one)

SonicJay1, Jan 23, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

google drive icon gone after moved document folder location to Gdrive

Browse to C:\Users\Trish and see if the Google Drive icon is listed there. If not, press the Find Target button.

spunk, Jan 23, 2017
  5. ok, did that it points to documents.
    the words 'google drive' though is not visible in the file manager.
    Although I am thinking now this is deliberate, a feature of google drive when you change the location of one of your folders to be 'google drive'. Not sure if I like that, but maybe they thought was less confusing to have it disappear. .

Question is, how can you know if a folder has been relocated to google drive? People might think google drive is not working if they do not see the google drive folder in their file manager.

One way is on the task bar click the up arrow, right click google drive and select 'open google drive folder'.
    When I do that it opens the documents folder.

did this by in file manager, right click Documents, go to properties, select location, click find target. And the screen opens showing 'Documents'

sdowney717, Jan 23, 2017
  6. I marked solved as it must be normal behavior.

sdowney717, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

google drive icon gone after moved document folder location to Gdrive

1. google drive icon gone after moved document folder location to Gdrive - Similar Threads - google drive icon

2. Can't move the folder "Documents" to default location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move the folder "Documents" to default location.: So, I've quit OneDrive, and I want to move my "Documents" folder to the default location, but for some reason, it doesn't let me. It tells me this message: "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.Access is denied ".I've...
  3. Can't move the folder "Documents" to default location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't move the folder "Documents" to default location.: So, I've quit OneDrive, and I want to move my "Documents" folder to the default location, but for some reason, it doesn't let me. It tells me this message: "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.Access is denied ".I've...
  4. Reassign location of "Documents" folder to secondary Drive??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reassign location of "Documents" folder to secondary Drive??: My laptop has two drives, Drive C: is a Solid State drive w/ 118 GB capacity which is nearly full. Drive D: is a disk that has over 900 GB. Since I am running low on space for Drive C:, I would like to know if its possible to change the location of the "Documents" folder to...
  5. Documents Folder disappears from D drive after moving

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Folder disappears from D drive after moving: Windows 10 Pro 1909 64 bit Problem: Moved Desktop, Documents & Pictures from %UserProfile% folder on C drive to new location on D drive. OneDrive syncing was turned off. Operation success. The next day the same folders were missing from D drive, only present in OneDrive...
  6. Gdrive icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gdrive icon: Each time the Windows updates, GDRIVE icon hides from the taskbar, and I have to turn it back in the taskbar settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gdrive-icon/ffd1bf9a-757e-4c45-905c-fe465274ee13
  7. Double user folders after moving to location on other drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Double user folders after moving to location on other drive: On my wife's PC with Windows 10 home most of the location of the user folders such as Documents, Downloads, etc. had to be moved to folders on another drive since the SSD C:\ drive filled up too much. I used the option available in Windows by opening the folder properties...
  8. Moved document folder location and now name is incorrect

in Windows 10 Support
    Moved document folder location and now name is incorrect: Hi, I moved the location of my 'Documents' folder from the C drive to the root of my D drive in error. What I meant to do was move it to D:\Documents. I have managed to restore the original location back to the C drive, and clicking on Documents under the user heading...
  9. Cannot move Documents folder to new location

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move Documents folder to new location: Short version: I'm getting an error message when I attempt to move my Documents folder to a new location (same volume):The folder can't be moved here...The filename or extension is too long (see attachment). Longer version: I want to move my Documents, Videos, and Pictures...
  10. Documents Folder - Move Location in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Documents Folder - Move Location in Windows 10: How to: Move Location of Documents Folder in Windows 10 How to Move Your Documents Folder Location in Windows 10 By default, Windows stores your personal Documents folder in your account's %UserProfile% folder (ex: "C:\Users\Brink"). You can change where files in...