Windows 10: Google Earth no longer works

Discus and support Google Earth no longer works in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; After the automatic download of Fall Creators Update 1709 my graphics display has changed to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.The resolution has also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Terrysutt, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Terrysutt Win User

Google Earth no longer works

After the automatic download of Fall Creators Update 1709 my graphics display has changed to Microsoft Basic Display
    Adapter.The resolution has also changed but I can live with that.My problem is that I can no longer use Google Earth
    as the basic display will not work.Everything was working perfectly before the update but I have no way of finding out
    what my original graphics card was as Device Manager just shows the Microsoft basic.I do have a CD with nvidia V40 335.04
    graphic card on the label but it dosen`t give any information.I was hoping an updated driver for my original graphic card
    would solve my problem.Where do I go from here? Thanks.

:)

Terrysutt, Nov 30, 2017

2. Google Earth Pro & Windows 10

Yeah here's a thread.......Google Earth Pro is a Dismal Failure. Go back to Google Earth and maybe all of us that are having issues wont have them any longer...........

alaskamale, Nov 30, 2017
  3. DeeButler Win User
    Google Earth Pro & Windows 10

Windows just ran an update and all of a sudden Google Earth is no longer compatible and my graphics card is not good enough. Been using Google Earth Pro with zero problems and now I cannot. Microsoft, knock it off. Send the fix.

DeeButler, Nov 30, 2017
  4. Google Earth no longer works

Masterchiefxx17, Dec 1, 2017
  5. Terrysutt Win User
    Thank you for your reply.I did as you suggested and installed Speccy and under Graphics were the following specs.
    nvidia Microsoft basic display adapter,manufacturer nvidia,Device id 10DE-OFC1,Subvendor nvidia(10DE).I have no idea
    whether thes codes are Microsoft or nvidia.The other methods you suggested didn`t reveal anything.Thanks again.

Terrysutt, Dec 2, 2017
  6. Plankton Win User
    Alternatively, if you use Chrome you use google earth with out downloading it. Open chrome, on the home page upper right next to Gmail, click the 9 square box icon/button. Once it's open scroll down to the second set of icons and click the google earth icon. It will open up in the chrome browser.

Plankton, Dec 2, 2017
  7. clam1952 Win User
    10DE is Nvidia
    0fc1 note 0 not O is a GT640 the drivers for which you can get from Nvidia.

clam1952, Dec 2, 2017
  8. MrNeeds Win User

Nice catch!

MrNeeds, Dec 3, 2017
  9. Indeed.

@OP you can download the drivers from here by using the Nvidia tool or by searching for a GT640. Drivers | GeForce

Masterchiefxx17, Dec 4, 2017
  10. Terrysutt Win User
    I will try to download the GT640 DRIVERS but will I be able to install them if I only have the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.
    This is the ONLY display adapter showing in Device Manager and the uninstall option is greyed out.My motherboard is an
    Asus M5A78L-M/usb3 could there be any connection here?

Terrysutt, Dec 9, 2017
  11. Yes, you should be able to install the correct Nvidia driver. The reason you are seeing the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter is because Windows is using a default driver to provide you with video. Without that default driver, you wouldn't be able to see anything.

Masterchiefxx17, Dec 10, 2017
  12. Terrysutt Win User
    Attempted to download Nvidia GT640 drivers from GEFORCE site but got the message "Must download Java"
    Neither of my two browsers Edge and Firefox will accept Java, so another dead end.Also my Nvidia Control Panel
    in Control panel has been disabled.

Terrysutt, Dec 21, 2017
  13. elbmek Win User

Just checked mine, its working great. I am on 10 home with GeForce 1060 FX. I have java in pc; using FF as default browser. Control panel disabled??? sorry, thats a new one on me.

elbmek, Dec 21, 2017
  14. clam1952 Win User
    Don't use Nvidia's driver detection, I don't as no Java, look for it yourself here: NVIDIA

clam1952, Dec 21, 2017
  15. Terrysutt Win User
    Thanks to everyone who posted replys,I finaly managed to download the latest nvidia drivers and google earth is now bigger,brighter and better than before,and faster.

Terrysutt, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Google Earth no longer works - Similar Threads - Google Earth longer

2. google earth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google earth: I am having error installing google earth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-earth/d948c2d8-aeaf-490c-bc15-93951f8fd05d
  3. google earth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google earth: I am having error installing google earth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-earth/d948c2d8-aeaf-490c-bc15-93951f8fd05d
  4. google earth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Old Google Earth/Google Earth Pro

Old Google Earth/Google Earth Pro: How do i get the older version of Google Earth back, it had all my Ancestry from all over the World pinned on it. When i installed 365 it replaced it with PRO which has not got my Ancestry pins on it. How can i recover it, I do not have a restore point....
  6. Old Google Earth/Google Earth Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Google Earth/Google Earth Pro: How do i get the older version of Google Earth back, it had all my Ancestry from all over the World pinned on it. When i installed 365 it replaced it with PRO which has not got my Ancestry pins on it. How can i recover it, I do not have a restore point....
  7. Google Earth Pro Not Working

Google Earth Pro Not Working: Hi Everyone Can someone out there help me, I was using Google Earth Pro when it decided to freeze up so I tried using the task manager to close it but that didn’t work, so I had to resort to turning the computer off at the tower. After restarting the computer when I try...
  8. Google Earth Pro Not Working

Google Earth Pro Not Working: Hi Everyone Can someone out there help me, I was using Google Earth Pro when it decided to freeze up so I tried using the task manager to close it but that didn’t work, so I had to resort to turning the computer off at the tower. After restarting the computer when I try...
  9. google earth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    google earth: unable to down load google earth with Windows 10 in S mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-earth/0efa584d-1cbc-44ee-934d-a65bb0612afb
  10. Google earth

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Google earth: Hi, Trying install upgrade on Google earth pro and got error 1680. Can anybody help please. Ralph https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-earth/b15712c9-8d08-4e6a-b039-be7f89e03f52