Windows 10: Google Earth won't install - admin privileges required (I am admin)

Discus and support Google Earth won't install - admin privileges required (I am admin) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Frustrated with admin rights - Please help me. Just purchased new PC - HP Pavilion desktop and upgraded to Windows 10 during installation. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hitchy23, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Hitchy23 Win User

Google Earth won't install - admin privileges required (I am admin)

Frustrated with admin rights - Please help me.

Just purchased new PC - HP Pavilion desktop and upgraded to Windows 10 during installation. I've downloaded Google Chrome as my default search engine with no issues. I've attempted several times to download Google Earth. Download fails: "Google Earth needs administrator privileges to install."

I am the only user on this PC and User Account type indicates that I'm the "Administrator".

Why won't Google Earth install?

:)

Hitchy23, Dec 10, 2015
  2. Jacky_888 Win User

*Windows 10* Windows cannot find '''. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again

Help!!

I need help for this weird error. My avast anti virus has removed a virus recently and now my Windows 10 Home ended up cannot open any apps which require admin privileges. I have tried many ways to fix this problem including further virus scanning and resetting
    the folder options but still not working. I also tried system reset but it still doesn't work at all. Now I can't even use regedit , taskmanager , ccleaner and saying windows cannot find C:\Windows\system 32\taskmgr.exe' Make sure you typed the name correctly,
    and then try again. And same type of message to any programs which requires system privilege. Other apps which don't require admin privilege such as google chrome are working properly and won't show the message on click.

However, I found out taskmgr and regedit are working in safe mode and same as those apps require admin privilege so I am pretty sure the removal of virus has done some changes to my system settings. Any helps and suggestions for tackling this difficult
    problem?

Thank you!

Jacky_888, Dec 10, 2015
  3. MissMiou Win User
    Adminstrator account is locked out of Windows 10

This won't work, since it requires admin privileges to run. It's been a week now and I still can' t find any help on this issue, Microsoft please do something!

MissMiou, Dec 10, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome!

Sometimes you have to run the installation file and deliberately make it "Run as Administrator" by right clicking on the downloaded file and selecting this option. Not sure if this is the case with Google Earth but worth a try.

philc43, Dec 10, 2015
  5. Hitchy23 Win User
    Unable to locate option to deliberately "run as administrator". I'm still at a loss. Any chance that Google Earth is not compatible with Windows 10?

Hitchy23, Dec 10, 2015
  6. way2deep Win User
    I had EXACTLY the same problem after upgrading to Windows 10.

1. Find the executable file that downloaded. It is probably in your Download folder, but if not, search for GoogleEarthSetup or download Google Earth again and click on the arrow on the right of the rectangular representation of the download at the bottom of the screen (if using Chrome) to see which folder your download has gone to.

2. Right click on the GoogleEarthSetup executable (application) file when you find it and choose "Run as Administrator"

3. After a few seconds, I then got an "Error 1603" message, so I searched for Google Earth using the Windows 10 Search facility and noticed the Google Earth desktop app was actually there. So I right clicked on it and pinned it to the Taskbar, launched it and it worked.

It is entirely possible the program had installed the first time around, despite the "administrator privileges" error. So maybe do step 3 first and start from step 1 if it is not there.

way2deep, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Google Earth won't install - admin privileges required (I am admin) - Similar Threads - Google Earth won't

2. Admin privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin privileges: I don't know what I did but I no longer have a user with admin privileges nor can I access "Family & other users” category it's not an option in "Accounts" How do I get my admin privileges back when I don't have admin privileges....
  3. Admin privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin privileges: I don't know what I did but I no longer have a user with admin privileges nor can I access "Family & other users” category it's not an option in "Accounts" How do I get my admin privileges back when I don't have admin privileges....
  4. Admin Privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin Privileges: My new HP All in one does not recognize me as the administrator. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-privileges/8cde7d41-26ef-4a38-bd2c-7a0b7b7b98d5
  5. Need admin privileges but I am the admin

Need admin privileges but I am the admin: I am trying to install an app that I know is safe, but windows 10 is blocking me from doing so. It is telling me that the admin is blocking it, though I am logged on to the admin account. I cannot deploy my C# application due to this error. I am on an ASUS laptop...
  6. No Admin privileges but i am admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Admin privileges but i am admin: Hi guys, I am having troubles with my pc,it it been a couple of month i have tried almost everything. My Pc Win 10 home Architecture 64 bit i5/8gb/4gb nvidia 1650 Symptoms •100% gpu usage. •Glitches while playing video. •High temperature without performing tasks....
  7. Apps Started Requiring Admin Privileges

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps Started Requiring Admin Privileges: I have admin rights on my computer. Up until about a week ago the vast majority of the apps I ran didn't need to be run as administrator. But all of a sudden stuff won't run unless I run it as administrator. I haven't changed anything as far as user account controls or admin...
  8. Restricted Admin Privileges even though I AM THE ADMIN

Restricted Admin Privileges even though I AM THE ADMIN: Okay, I have encountered this issue before and I am quite literally annoyed with Windows now. I own the computer so yes it's a personal computer and I am the sole admin/user of said computer. So this is nothing new but Windows has this weird lock on the Admin position...
  9. admin privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    admin privileges: Hi, Even since I bought my PC, I noticed that whenever I needed to make a change in setting I received a message saying I was not the administrator. In order to run CDM to try to make a change, it tell me that the operation requires elevation (run as administrator) Why is...
  10. No Admin privileges.

in Windows 10 Support
    No Admin privileges.: I purchased a new Alienware computer 2 weeks ago and a couple days ago I noticed I couldn't access my Pictures folder. I also noticed I couldn't do any Admin tasks. I can't open task manager, Open any exe. files and when I right click on C drive I get Access is denied. I...