Windows 10: Google Home Mini spied on user 'thousands of times a day,' sent record

Discus and support Google Home Mini spied on user 'thousands of times a day,' sent record in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; One of the biggest privacy nightmares for smart speakers just came to life. A prominent Google user, Android Police's Artem Russakovskii, recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Borg 386, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Google Home Mini spied on user 'thousands of times a day,' sent record

Google Home Mini spied on user 'thousands of times a day,' sent recordings to Google - TechRepublic

Borg 386, Oct 13, 2017

2. Really?

It seems more likely that the device was working as designed.
    Unfortunately for Google someone noticed.
    *Kill

:)

lehnerus2000, Oct 14, 2017
  3. Convert Voice Recorder mp4 file to mp3

Having recorded a New Years message using WIN10 Voice recorder, I attempted to send the resulting mp4 file to friends. The voice quality was great. I did this with a very small file and it was fine. With a larger file my EMAIL provider
    (Bell Mail) could not handle it. I sent it to myself and the media reader they use rejected it as invalid. I assumed it was the large size since the smaller file went through so I wanted to convert to mp3 since it is only audio and mp4 is more for video so
    they tell me.

There are lots of articles saying WMP will do this - I have WMP12. Not so. The "save as" file menu item is greyed out. Lots of articles all negative about that too. Over to Microsoft.

About ready to give up I asked my friendly Google voice on my new Google Home Mini. Voila. Instant success. It pointed me to this totally free online site and within a minute my file was converted. It sounds great as an mp3 file
    also.

Here is the site: Free Video Converter, Online Video Downloader - OnlineVideoConverter.com

Try it. and "Thanks Google". She said "You're Welcome"

BrewsterBlock, Oct 14, 2017
  4. Google Home Mini spied on user 'thousands of times a day,' sent record

I have been having trouble with large updates for a while.

Around July 19, 2017. Maybe a few days before that. I had sent a text to my tec on that day mentioning it. On that day the PC would not connect to the router (direct wire no WIFI) until I restarted the PC. I didn't record the first time, wish I did.

Terry B2017, Oct 14, 2017
  5. Borg 386 Win User
    That's exactly what I was thinking also. Perhaps they were testing the boundaries to see how long they could get away with it.

Borg 386, Oct 14, 2017
  6. AndreTen Win User
    *Mad big guys really don't play to any rules... Thanks for the heads up Borg

AndreTen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Google Home Mini spied on user 'thousands of times a day,' sent record

1. Google Home Mini spied on user 'thousands of times a day,' sent record - Similar Threads - Google Home Mini

2. recording time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    recording time: How do I extend the recording length for cool edit pro 2.0? I will move the bar up top to view my project, but I can only record 3:05 of voice material. How can I make that time greater?...
  3. GOOGLE HOME MINI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GOOGLE HOME MINI: MY GOOGLE HOME MINI DOESN'T WORK AFTER UPDATING TO WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-home-mini/3074b7dd-9bbb-4fc0-898f-a39a7f19dcd8
  4. Windows 10 Pro and Google Nest Mini

Windows 10 Pro and Google Nest Mini: Notebook Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 (Windows 10 Pro 1909 - 18363.476 - x64 / Intel Core i7-4500U CPU @1.80GHz 2.40GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD Crucial MX500 250 GB) Hello guys. I have the PC above. This week, I bought a Google Nest Mini Model H2C. It works fine, but I have just one...
  5. Google Home

Google Home: How or can I connect Google Home to my Laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-home/80990aa0-d6e1-45a8-ada9-e7b203108d64
  6. Google Chrome web browser has become spy software

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome web browser has become spy software: Our latest privacy experiment found Chrome ushered more than 11,000 tracker cookies into our browser — in a single week. Here’s why Firefox is better. You open your browser to look at the Web. Do you know who is looking back at you? Over a recent week of Web surfing, I...
  7. Google’s web browser has become spy software

in Windows 10 News
    Google’s web browser has become spy software: Goodbye, Chrome: Google’s web browser has become spy software Our latest privacy experiment found Chrome ushered more than 11,000 tracker cookies into our browser — in a single week. Here’s why Firefox is better. https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...=.b21682f96064 135779
  8. google home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    google home: trying to set up google home,tells me I have to disable maccess point isolation,any tips https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-home/c73ee28e-aeed-4efb-89bb-c5e888578364"
  9. Time of day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time of day: Computer is on West coast time which is 3 hours behind East coast time -should be 437 Pm not 1:37 PM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-of-day/11e7068d-0b6a-4c85-8ac1-a2d185486c24
  10. Google Chrome will label thousands of websites as 'unsafe'

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome will label thousands of websites as 'unsafe': FYI....... Why Google Chrome will label thousands of websites as 'unsafe' in the next few months Google has decided Symantec's certificates are untrustworthy; webmasters should plan to get HTTPS certificates elsewhere. *Arrow Source: Why Google Chrome will...