Windows 10: Google is testing a new interface for single tab in Chrome browser

Discus and support Google is testing a new interface for single tab in Chrome browser in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Being the most popular web browser with almost 60% market share, Google Chrome is already way ahead of the rivals. But that doesn’t stop Google from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 21, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Google is testing a new interface for single tab in Chrome browser

Being the most popular web browser with almost 60% market share, Google Chrome is already way ahead of the rivals. But that doesn’t stop Google from experimenting with new features to improve the user experience. Google is testing a new design for Chrome when a single tab is opened. The feature is live in the latest Canary build of the web browser.

Single Tab Mode in Google Chrome

Google is testing a new interface for the single tab in Chrome. The new single tab has a minimalistic design. Once enabled, the single tab in the web browser will receive a special, minimal visual treatment on Windows, Mac, Linux and Chrome OS.

• Download the latest Google Chrome Canary browser.
    • Open the Chrome flags menu and search for “Single Tab Mode”.
    • Enable the flag.

After enabling this flag, you will notice a cosmetic makeover of the single tab. It is however worth noting that Google is still working on it and it will continue to evolve ahead of the public release.

Google is testing a new interface for single tab in Chrome browser Chrome-Canary-look.jpg

Nonetheless, this would be a welcome change for many users considering the fact that Google Chrome interface is outdated.

Google Chrome Canary is not that stable but if you want to try out these features, you can download the Chrome Canary from the official website.

The post Google is testing a new interface for single tab in Chrome browser appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 21, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Google Plans a Web-browser, To be called Google Chrome

Google plans to launch its very own web-browser software in competition to Microsoft Internet Explorer called Google Chrome. The new browser according to entries at the official Google blog suggest the driving force behind the browser is to provide value-added features to its users, at the same time, help drive innovation on the web. It is claimed that the browser is tailored to give the most out of common tasks on the internet as a web-browser has become a very significant component of the connected PC.

The browser designed to be streamlined and simple for you to accomplish tasks quickly and easily by offering enhanced address-bar features and other elements that are very different from those on other browsers. The product will be open-source. Says the blog post "To most people, it isn't the browser that matters. It's only a tool to run the important stuff -- the pages, sites and applications that make up the web. Like the classic Google homepage, Google Chrome is clean and fast. It gets out of your way and gets you where you want to go."

Google released a comic book explaining its design approach towards the web-browser, it can be read here. Under the hood, Google claims the browser to have what it takes to run complex web-applications any by keeping each browser tab in its "sandbox", the probability of a web-application crash on one tab affecting other tabs is eradicated. A beta version of this browser software would be released in over 100 countries tomorrow, September the 2nd.

Google is testing a new interface for single tab in Chrome browser 49a_thm.jpg

Sources: The Wall Street Journal, Official Google Blog

btarunr, Jul 21, 2018
  3. dorsetknob, Jul 21, 2018
  4. CKDexterH Win User

Google Chrome Tabs.

In Google Chrome, I can right click and open numerous links in a new tab. But when I click on the tab the program freezes and I'm forced to use Task Manager to close Google Chrome.

CKDexterH, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Google is testing a new interface for single tab in Chrome browser - Similar Threads - Google testing interface

2. is that a google chrome tabs?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is that a google chrome tabs?: the number beside google chrome, is that how may tabs you have open? or what? because i only have 2 tabs open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-a-google-chrome-tabs/e2a376d1-e8f8-4739-a5b7-4d2e63794770
  3. Chrome tabs and browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome tabs and browsers: I have a new HP laptop and I am running an extra screen. One the extra screen, I have 2 Chrome browsers with multiple different tabs on each browser. I have a Chrome browser on the laptop with different tabs. I would like that desktop set-up to be the same when I restart or...
  4. Google Chrome Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome Browser: Ever since Windows did an update, the Google Chrome browser stays at the top of my screen. I only want it pinned to the task bar at the bottom of my screen like I had it before. How do I get rid of the browser staying at the top of my screen?...
  5. Google Chrome Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello,My default browser is Google Chrome.System and everything is in English.Suddenly it turned like in Hebrew, I will explain:Searching for anything I get many answers, but the headings are on the right side, not on the left side as it was and should be.Text and everything...
  6. Google Chrome Browser

in Windows 10 Support
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello,My default browser is Google Chrome.System and everything is in English.Suddenly it turned like in Hebrew, I will explain:Searching for anything I get many answers, but the headings are on the right side, not on the left side as it was and should be.Text and everything...
  7. Google tests new tab hover cards, dark mode for Chrome on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google tests new tab hover cards, dark mode for Chrome on Windows 10: Google is experimenting with multiple changes on Chrome browser for Windows 10. According to the latest findings, the search engine giant is working on a dark mode and a feature similar to Microsoft Edge’s tab viewer. Modern tabs Microsoft Edge has failed to attract...
  8. Google Chrome will get new interface with material design

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome will get new interface with material design: Google has been testing a material design interface on Chrome for quite some time now. These changes are seen in the Google Chrome Canary branch. The changes in the UI are more than just aesthetic improvements. Material UI design would ensure a more user-friendly interface....
  9. Google Chrome Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello, How can I transfer all my Chrome settings, passwords to sites, bookmarks etc. from current computer (32bit) into a new one also windows 10 pro (64bit). Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 106507
  10. Enable or Disable Single Tab Mode in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Single Tab Mode in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Single Tab Mode in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Single Tab Mode in Google Chrome This tutorial is no longer valid in Google Chrome 78 In Google Chrome, you can enable or disable an experimental flag called Single-tab mode. When...