Windows 10: Google "Nag" on Edge

Discus and support Google "Nag" on Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Anyone know how to eliminate the Google "nag" on Edge ? Pops up very, very frequently in the upper right corner of the page. MB adwcleaner is negative.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by torre, Aug 14, 2017.

1. torre Win User

Google "Nag" on Edge

Anyone know how to eliminate the Google "nag" on Edge ? Pops up very, very frequently in the upper right corner of the page. MB adwcleaner is negative.

Google "Nag" on Edge [​IMG]

:)

torre, Aug 14, 2017
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Aug 14, 2017
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Aug 14, 2017
  4. Google "Nag" on Edge

I don't have an answer on how to get rid of it for good, but I do get it myself a lot. Mostly on search results as I do use Google.com for my search engine. I get the Chrome offer, and to set Google.com as my homepage. The only thing I have is an X to close it, but it comes back soon enough.

Bobby Phoenix, Aug 15, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    I got that too going to the Google.com home page. I clicked 'No thanks' and it went away. The next time I opened Edge and went to Google I got this instead:

Clicked 'No thanks', closed Edge, opened Edge at Google again and got:

Clicked the 'X' to close it and tried again. Seems that after asking three times Google gives up and the popups go away (or at least until I clear the cookies they left behind).

@torre If you're seeing the first one all the time, perhaps it's because you have Edge set to clear cookies on close?

6. torre Win User
    @ If you're seeing the first one all the time, perhaps it's because you have Edge set to clear cookies on close?

No, do not have Edge set to clear cookies. I only see the first one (and not triggered by a search). Google is my default search engine. Google News is my home page.

Strange. Perhaps this is an agreement between MSN and Google.

torre, Aug 15, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    Turning on 'block all cookies' in Edge's advanced settings could be another possible reason you keep seeing the first one.

8. torre Win User

Google "Nag" on Edge

There is no setting to completely eliminate ?

Currently set at "Don't Block Cookies." "Blocking all cookies" may eliminate, but may cause issues with some sites ?

torre, Aug 15, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    I was thinking 'block all cookies' may be a reason for you seeing the first popup all the time. You could try 'block popups' in Advanced settings but, as I said, after the three popups (each less pushy than the previous one) my Edge doesn't show any of them any more - and that's with the default settings: popups allowed and no cookies being blocked.

10. dencal Win User
    Try the following....Open Edge Settings by clicking on three dots, then scroll down to Advance Settings, Block pop-ups....see Attachment.

dencal, Aug 15, 2017
  11. torre Win User
    Block Popups was already on.

The "Chrome Nag" has a "x" in the top right corner to close (does not show in the image above). I clicked the "x" and Edge crashed. I may reset Edge to see if any effect.

Thanks for the replies.

torre, Aug 15, 2017
  12. dencal Win User
    You are welcome.
    If it helps you can do an Edge reset as in following Attachment....click on Edge then Reset.

dencal, Aug 15, 2017
  13. torre Win User

Google "Nag" on Edge

Super dencal ! I thought the tutorial was still required. Thanks !

torre, Aug 15, 2017
  14. torre Win User
    Finally solved the "nag" issue.

Registry HKLM/Software/WOW6432. There was a registry key "Google" when clicked read "Chrome Offer" which I deleted.

I am running the new Insider Build 16273, do not know if other versions would have the same key.

torre, Aug 23, 2017
  15. torre Win User
    Spoke too soon ! Nag is back. *Sad

torre, Aug 24, 2017
Thema:

Google "Nag" on Edge

1. Google "Nag" on Edge - Similar Threads - Google Nag Edge

2. Microsoft Edge and Google

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge and Google: I have tried to sync everything between Microsoft Edge and Google but my passwords are not being imported no matter what I do and password manager in Edge is worse than useless. I cannot now log in to my outlook as Edge does not recognise my password even though I have...
  3. Microsoft Edge and Google

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge and Google: I have tried to sync everything between Microsoft Edge and Google but my passwords are not being imported no matter what I do and password manager in Edge is worse than useless. I cannot now log in to my outlook as Edge does not recognise my password even though I have...
  4. Microsoft Edge and Google

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Nags to switch to Edge [from Firefox]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nags to switch to Edge [from Firefox]: Whenever I access [at least some] Microsoft sites, I must deal with pop-ups asking if I want to switch to Edge [from Firefox]. How can I stop these? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nags-to-switch-to-edge-from-firefox/2d86a0ce-a88b-473b-a4a9-9b7c1f8e1578
  6. Edge and Google Chromecast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge and Google Chromecast: When I was using the Edge Beta, I had no trouble getting Google Chromecast to work with it, until 2 weeks ago. At that point, Chromecast disappeared as an option icon on Edge or programs appearing on Edge. I want this back or I will return to Chrome as my browser. How do I...
  7. 'Try Microsoft Edge' nag when logging in

in Windows 10 Support
    'Try Microsoft Edge' nag when logging in: Hi, I've just recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10 from Win7 after months of putting it off. Surprisingly it all went smoothly. I even found I was already activated and was not expecting that. However there is 1 niggle. I use Firefox as my default browser which continues...
  8. get rid of windows edge nag screen at startup?

in Browsers and Email
    get rid of windows edge nag screen at startup?: hello all. when I boot to windows 10 I get a nag screen trying to get me to use edge. its a waste of time. how can I get rid of this screen and go straight to the login/password screen? fyi I have two log ins, one personal and one microsoft account we were forced to create...
  9. Google Privacy Reminder Keeps Nagging Me

in Browsers and Email
    Google Privacy Reminder Keeps Nagging Me: Why do i keep seeing this nag window? [img] I accept the conditions but it just returns a few minutes later. 136475
  10. Microsoft Edge: How to disable annoying Nag Screen?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge: How to disable annoying Nag Screen?: I have updated to Windows 10. I didn't like Microsoft Edge (I use the favourites bar a lot for basic navigation, and it doesn't work very well in Edge - Folders cannot be added, titles cannot be edited etc...), so I reverted back to IE11, and made this my default. Now every...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. block goggle nag