Windows 10: Google owned "WebM" format support now reaches Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Google owned "WebM" format support now reaches Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has finally accepted the long awaited change of embracing the open source and royalty free" video format "WebM" developed by Google natively... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Google owned "WebM" format support now reaches Microsoft Edge

Read more: Google owned format support now reaches Microsoft Edge

:)

Brink, Sep 1, 2015

2. When will Edge browser render a Webm (aka VP8) video file?

It is still on a working progress and our engineers and developers are doing their best so that when the said feature will be released, there will be no any bugs or issues that may occur.

You may also see this link for more information:
    Microsoft Edge to support Google's open-source WebM video format.

We will make sure to announce it so that you will be aware of it's release.

Regards.

PreciousLeb, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Microsoft Edge always says "This type of video file isn't supported" when opening .webm files from Autodesk Inventor

If it is a "video file" it's possible a browser would not be the best choice of app anyway. Try the Store?...

Apparently there is an IE Add-on you could try too

WebM Files -   How to Play WebM Files

(BING search for

webm file format

)

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Sep 1, 2015
  4. Google owned "WebM" format support now reaches Microsoft Edge

I like it, good work MS.
    Edge is a nice browser. You can zoom into - focus on articles ditching the peripheral junk.

sdowney717, Sep 2, 2015
  5. fredc Win User
    I really don't know what this means but it sounds good . I know what "zoom" means though and i like that.

fredc, Sep 2, 2015
  6. FerchogtX Win User
    WebM is an extension that enabled browsers to play multimedia... that includes (at some extent) HTML5.
    I might be wrong though, but was the first thing that made browsers media players without third party add-ons (like flash)...

FerchogtX, Sep 2, 2015
  7. fredc Win User
    Thanks for the explanation.

fredc, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Google owned "WebM" format support now reaches Microsoft Edge

1. Google owned "WebM" format support now reaches Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Google owned WebM

2. Microsoft Edge and Google

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge and Google: I have tried to sync everything between Microsoft Edge and Google but my passwords are not being imported no matter what I do and password manager in Edge is worse than useless. I cannot now log in to my outlook as Edge does not recognise my password even though I have...
  3. Microsoft Edge and Google

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge and Google: I have tried to sync everything between Microsoft Edge and Google but my passwords are not being imported no matter what I do and password manager in Edge is worse than useless. I cannot now log in to my outlook as Edge does not recognise my password even though I have...
  4. Microsoft Edge and Google

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to reach Microsoft Support directly not outsourced support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reach Microsoft Support directly not outsourced support: Hello. I was working with a backend engineer and the support link that I was given is no longer valid or discontinued. How can I contact Microsoft Support directly to get a status update on SRX1528450472ID case #1528450472 without having to go through the awful outsourced...
  6. Notification says Google Docs is not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Notification says Google Docs is not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge: Microsoft has started using Chromium as the base for Edge and the redesigned browser is already available for Windows 10. While Google Google seemed to be all supportive of this move and it welcomed Microsoft’s contribution, some of the apps produced by Google are not working...
  7. Google Chrome webm player (don't like it)

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome webm player (don't like it): I had to re-install google chrome along with a few other programs, and I lost some configurations I made. chrome has this newer UI for their video-player when watching a video of either mp4 or webm format (not on youtube), and I don't like it. I remember there was (and im...
  8. Microsoft Edge will soon support WebP image format

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge will soon support WebP image format: Microsoft remains committed to the Edge browser and the company recently announced that they have started implementing support for Google’s WebP image format in Windows 10’s default browser. Today Microsoft published a new extension in the Store called “WebP Images format”...
  9. Microsoft Edge now supports web push notifications

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge now supports web push notifications: Microsoft Edge now supports web push notifications via the Push API, beginning with the Windows 10 April 2018 Update. Web push notifications allow you to build re-engaging experience by delivering timely, relevant notifications to users, even when your browser or web app is...
  10. WebM, VP9 and Opus Support in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    WebM, VP9 and Opus Support in Microsoft Edge: Starting with EdgeHTML 14.14291, the open-source WebM container format and the VP9 video and Opus audio codecs are supported in Microsoft Edge. These are available to websites that use Media Source Extensions (MSE) to adaptively stream video content. Windows Web Apps (built...