Windows 10: Google Photos Help Needed........

Discus and support Google Photos Help Needed........ in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have used Google Photos since the day it was released and I have 16 years worth of digital photos backed up to it. My issue is, everytime I reload my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rdburke, Mar 29, 2017.

1. rdburke Win User

Google Photos Help Needed........

I have used Google Photos since the day it was released and I have 16 years worth of digital photos backed up to it. My issue is, everytime I reload my computer (which has been several times in the last few years) all my photos upload AGAIN. Does anyone know of any way I can get rid of duplicates without sitting for days in front of my PC? Google drive has a free app that finds duplicates but you still have to delete them by hand which is just as time consuming. Also I need to know of any way to prevent this from happening in the future. I have tried the Google Community and I don't get anything that will help me. I have so many duplicates that it's not funny! I appreciate any help or advice.

:)

rdburke, Mar 29, 2017
  2. JPH MC Win User

Google Photos

Google Photos is now working with my Windows 10. Thanks for your help. Can you help me with another item. In consolidating photo files, some photos now carry today's date. I need to change those dates back to the original. I can do it in Google Photos
    but not Windows Photos (which I need to do, since Google is backup for Windows Photos, not the reverse). I've used File Explorer to access photos in my laptop files & then tried to make changes -- but clicking on dates doesn't open any. This is apparently
    the suggested method after exploring suggestions in the community -- but doesn't work for me. can you help?? thanks

JPH MC, Mar 29, 2017
  3. JeffS33 Win User
    Why can't I see my Google Photos from the Windows Photos App?

I have all my photos uploaded into Google Photos, and downloaded via Google Drive to my Windows 10 PC. I can see all the files there under the Google Photos folder, and if I click on a photo it displays correctly in the Photos App.

However, if I add the Google Photos folder as a source folder in the Photos App, nothing shows up - it just seems empty (but clearly isn't).

Is there something else that I need to do to make these photos visible to the Photos App?

BTW - it all works fine with the Photo Fast Viewer App ...

JeffS33, Mar 29, 2017
  4. Google Photos Help Needed........

Why not you try customize setting to select that folders or files that you want to backed up!

AvinashKumar, Mar 29, 2017
  5. BIM
    bim Win User
    I had a difficult time as well trying to figure this one out.
    Best solution (and quick!!) was to install google drive on my computer, make sure google photos is shown as a separate folder and sync to your local drive.

After syncing install visipics VisiPics which is donationware.
    Add the google photos folder to the application, and select start scanning by clicking the play button.
    After this "auto-select" the files (it does that by size / resolution) and afterwards either move or delete the duplicates.
    Took me about 15 minutes for 4000 pictures with around 150 duplicates.

6. rdburke Win User
    Thanks for the info, will definitely give it a try and let you know. You did see that I have 16 years worth of photos right? *Think

rdburke, Mar 30, 2017
  7. rdburke Win User
    Thank you very much bim for pointing me to this awesome program. It took me only a couple of hours to do what would have taken days by hand. ( Remember, I had 16 years worth of digital pics ) Kudos!

rdburke, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Google Photos Help Needed........

1. Google Photos Help Needed........ - Similar Threads - Google Photos Help

2. need help with calender & photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help with calender & photos: cannot get email reminders for appointment ALSO cannot get thumbnail pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-calender-photos/88e6525f-70c0-4f93-9163-8f18abdcf354
  3. need help with calender & photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need help with calender & photos: cannot get email reminders for appointment ALSO cannot get thumbnail pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-calender-photos/88e6525f-70c0-4f93-9163-8f18abdcf354
  4. Google photos

Google photos: Not sure if this can be done but I'll try. My son was in a wedding yesterday and he sent 20 pictures to my phone, I have an android, can these pictures be somehow put into google photos? I have windows 10, version 10.0.19041 Build. 180318
  5. Need help with Microsoft Photos - video + photo on top

Need help with Microsoft Photos - video + photo on top: I am creating videos using the Photos app. I want to put a watermark over the entire video. I have it as a PNG file. How do I overlay the PNG on top of the video? Thanks!...
  6. A new, more helpful editor in Google Photos on Android

in Windows 10 News
    A new, more helpful editor in Google Photos on Android: Whether it’s a daily selfie or a #throwbackthursday photo, we all want our photos to look great before we share them. For some, that might mean getting the lighting or crop just right. Or maybe it means achieving a look that perfectly reflects your own personal...
  7. Google Photo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Photo: Why are the recent photos I took with my android, not passing over to my google photo on PC. Up until this morning it was not a problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-photo/4b683b18-c259-45ec-9b02-3e618684695b
  8. google photo

google photo: could not see photo by Google Photo after downloaded by MS Store. will you tell me how to get them to see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-photo/288fcbf7-d3a9-4f98-9c35-73ec3fc65543
  9. google photos

google photos: Im trying to make a new folder for all my pictures that are saved in google photos and cannot figure it out! can someone help me??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-photos/17693e6c-4795-4286-accf-8a611c46d8b9
  10. Can't download Google Chrome, need help.

in Browsers and Email
    Can't download Google Chrome, need help.: So I uninstalled Google Chrome from my desktop which runs windows 10 now. However, when I try to install it again (from Google''s own site) it won't really do much; it only says "Downloading" and nothing more, the download-bar doesn't move at all. Tried downloading the...