Windows 10: Google sign-in

Discus and support Google sign-in in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; New pc, W10. I am sorry to be asking another simple question, but I am being led round and round in a tight circle by Google. After starting the pc I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by convul, Mar 21, 2017.

1. convul Win User

Google sign-in

New pc, W10.
    I am sorry to be asking another simple question, but I am being led round and round in a tight circle by Google.
    After starting the pc I have always had to sign in to my Google email accounts with my address and password, which is the way I prefer it.
    This pc has suddenly begun going straight into my G email account without needing a password, which means that anyone can easily read my emails.
    I can't find how to change this: when I go to Settings (the gearwheel up on the right. I presume) I am led to an invitation to change my password.
    I think that I want Settings/User Account/Sign in Options/Never, but I can't find that sequence anywhere.
    Perhaps I am using the wrong 'Settings'?
    Thanks for any help.

:)

convul, Mar 21, 2017

2. can't sign in to google (add a google account ) in windows 10

Hello Daniel,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and Thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, I will certainly help you with this issue.

I appreciate if you could answer the below questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

1. Are you facing this issue only with google account or with other account as well?

2. Are you able to login to the google web account?

Let’s try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I would recommend you to run app troubleshooter and check if it helps. Follow the below link to run app troubleshooter.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2:

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, try below method.

You may follow the below link to re-register mail app and check, if it doesn’t help uninstall and reinstall the app.

[Forum FAQ]How to fix built-in Apps that cannot work correctly in Windows 10

If the issue still persists, if you are using a local account, you may sign-out from the current user account and login to the Microsoft account and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

I would recommend you to check for latest Windows Updates. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for Updates. If you have any pending updates remaining to install, kindly install them and check if it helps.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Note: The above link also applies to Windows 10.

Follow the below link to Set up email and calendar.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-email

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Mar 21, 2017
  3. can't sign in to google (add a google account ) in windows 10

thanks for your time and effort

and to answer to your question i must say yes i can login to my microsoft and yahoo account and also yes , I can login in to my google web account from chrome or opera

I run the troubleshooter and it didn't find anything, so i will be thankfull if you can help me with these additional info

DanielZolfaghari, Mar 21, 2017
  4. Barman58 Win User

Google sign-in

What this is likely to be is rather than a setting related to google directly, it's an Auto Login, (AKA. Remember Me), that is related to the Browser you are using - I Use Firefox and for me it's Menu- Options - Saved Logins inside of the Firefox browser (FYI - Direct Access via typing aboutGoogle sign-in :preferences#security into the URL bar). I can then list all the saved logins and passwords and delete any I do not wish to use.

If you use another, browser, Chrome, Edge, or IE Etc, then the setting will be available but will probably have a different route to the actual setting location

Barman58, Mar 21, 2017
  5. convul Win User
    Thanks.
    I did as you suggested in Firefox and all was easy: I removed passwords then up came the message 'Truekey has stopped working' and Windows will let me know when it is available again.
    So I nearly got there!

convul, Mar 21, 2017
  6. Barman58 Win User
    Truekey is a program from Intel that does a similar job to the saved logins option in Firefox - Not aware of the program specifically but may have been included with some other program or on a new system - you should be able to control it with either it's own control panel - take a look in the all programs list under the start menu. If this does not help you can right click the task bar select Task Manager and then Start-Up - set the status of the program to disabled and it will not load the next time you boot your PC

You should also be able to completely un-install the program via the Programs & Features Menu "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features"

Barman58, Mar 21, 2017
  7. convul Win User
    Thanks for your patience.
    Truekey (not working) is now uninstalled.
    Right click in task bar/Task Manager/Start Up produces only C-Cleaner and Gadwin Print Screen, both of which I want.

convul, Mar 21, 2017
  8. erikg Win User

Google sign-in

Sounds like you're getting there. Gmail no longer automatically signs you in now?

Erik.

erikg, Mar 21, 2017
  9. convul Win User
    I have just re-booted with crossed fingers but it made no difference - still auto signing in to my Google/Firefox emails.
    I am also being auto signed in to this forum, which I don't want and wouldn't have knowingly asked for.
    The instructions from various directions seem so clear, but I don't find the 'screens' that other people do.
    About 6 months ago I bought a Medion tablet and had/have the same auto sign-in problem on that. Round and round the houses and in the end I gave up.
    The annoying thing is that the answer is so close (allegedly!) but so far.
    I am getting discouraged and feel that the programmers will have made it easier in, say, 20 years time, but I will then be 102 years old.
    Thanks for your time.

convul, Mar 21, 2017
  10. Barman58 Win User
    The issue with this forum is a fairly simple thing to solve - log out of the forum, and accept the prompt, at the top right you should see a login area, there is a "Remember Me" checkbox option This will auto log you in if checked, so make sure this is not checked and log back in and you should be prompted to enter your password.

If this, or other logins, are still auto completing then "something" is doing this ... It may be that the Firefox option "did not Take" for some reason - check and see if this is the case. there may be a confirm action to OK befor the action is completed. If Firefox is cleared then some other software is performing the auto log-in. True key would be the obvious suspect here, even though you have uninstalled it, it's a security option so may have protection added to prevent removal, will investigate further and post back...

Barman58, Mar 21, 2017
  11. Barman58 Win User
    ^^^^ UPDATE ^^^^

OK I've looked into this a little further and Truekey appears to have two main sources - Adobe and McAfee, (which are actually two parts of the same company). The page ... How to remove True Key by Intel Security - gHacks Tech News has further information on source and removal, It may be that it is on your system more than once under different aliases EG TrueKey & Intel TrueKey or even as an option in McAfee if you use that or had it supplied with the PC.

I'm afraid that it is a little more complex than it should be but it's mainly down to the bad practice of including offers already checked to install that is Used by more and more developers.

My, (after the horse has bolted), advice for this tactic, is in future to never accept the default or express install of any software but to choose the advanced option which should allow you to select what you really want to install and not have things forced on you. There are some really bad offenders who ether hide the Optional options or even install them anyway even if you decline the "offer"

Barman58, Mar 21, 2017
  12. You are SO right. That "Express Install" got me in trouble with the first boot up of this machine.

Wiley Coyote, Mar 21, 2017
  13. convul Win User

Google sign-in

Re signing in to this forum: the Remember Me tick (check?) ready waiting for me when I sign in, but it doesn't auto sign in now. So when I sign in there is a Remember Me tick in the box but it doesn't remember me. Perhaps that is how it should be, if it doesn't auto sign in?
    I re-tried the Firefox < about*Tonguereferences etc > suggestion and there are no ticks in the 'Remember Log-ins for Sites' box.
    I wasn't born for this excitement.

convul, Mar 21, 2017
  14. convul Win User
    Thanks for all the advice but after spending hours on what I would have thought is a simple problem I must give up.
    I am worn out by e.g. Google and Firefox advice that begins 'In Tools go to..' or 'From the drop down menu....' without telling me how to get there.
    The 'official' approach is to present the problem clearly in the form of a question and invite a left click, then go off into never-never land, understandable only by people who wouldn't have the problem anyway.
    Thanks for your efforts.

convul, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Google sign-in

1. Google sign-in - Similar Threads - Google sign

2. I am unable to sign into Authenticator after changing my Google password on my phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to sign into Authenticator after changing my Google password on my phone: Basically what the question says - I changed my Google password and am now unable to verify my account even when I use the correct password. It is a similar issue with my Google maps app. Additionally I am unable to log into my Google mail - all of this is from my phone. I...
  3. I am unable to sign into Authenticator after changing my Google password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to sign into Authenticator after changing my Google password.: Basically what the question says - I changed my Google password and am now unable to verify my account even when I use the correct password. It is a similar issue with my Google maps app....
  4. Turned Off 'Sign-In With Google' Pop-ups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turned Off 'Sign-In With Google' Pop-ups: I turned off the 'Sign-In With Google' options in my Google Account, but these pop-ups persist.Suggestions?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turned-off-sign-in-with-google-pop-ups/eb5dc0f8-5f67-4048-9132-9aec807e24ec
  5. Turned Off 'Sign-In With Google' Pop-ups

Turned Off 'Sign-In With Google' Pop-ups: I turned off the 'Sign-In With Google' options in my Google Account, but these pop-ups persist.Suggestions?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turned-off-sign-in-with-google-pop-ups/eb5dc0f8-5f67-4048-9132-9aec807e24ec
  6. Turned Off 'Sign-In With Google' Pop-ups

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. windows security / sign in - google calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security / sign in - google calendar: I keep getting this prompt.anyway to resolve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-sign-in-google-calendar/f2561895-27c1-4a90-a755-711cc866bfe3
  8. windows security / sign in - google calendar

windows security / sign in - google calendar: I keep getting this prompt.anyway to resolve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-sign-in-google-calendar/f2561895-27c1-4a90-a755-711cc866bfe3
  9. Outlook popup asking for Google sign in won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook popup asking for Google sign in won't go away: I use desktop outlook with Windows 11 and have two gmail accounts associated. Recently it's started asking me to sign in to Google to continue to Microsoft apps & services. I sign in, click "accept" to allow microsoft to access, and it simply takes me back to the sign in...
  10. Outlook popup asking for Google sign in won't go away

Outlook popup asking for Google sign in won't go away: I use desktop outlook with Windows 11 and have two gmail accounts associated. Recently it's started asking me to sign in to Google to continue to Microsoft apps & services. I sign in, click "accept" to allow microsoft to access, and it simply takes me back to the sign in...