Windows 10: Google will stop scanning Gmail content for ad targeting

Discus and support Google will stop scanning Gmail content for ad targeting in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Later this year, Google will stop relying on the content of consumer Gmail messages to serve up personalized ads, the company announced Friday.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by lehnerus2000, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Google will stop scanning Gmail content for ad targeting

ZDNet
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/google-will-stop-scanning-gmail-content-for-ad-targeting/

A Google strike against W10S maybe?

:)

lehnerus2000, Jun 23, 2017

2. Google Calendar account isnt syncing correctly

On my Windows Phone, changing Settings > email & accounts > Gmail > "Download new content" to "as items arrived" worked! Now, when I create or delete a calendar item on my Windows Phone, it's immediately added to or removed from Google Calendar. Likewise,
    when I create or delete a calendar item in Google Calendar, it's immediately added to or removed from my Windows Phone.

Awesome! Google will stop scanning Gmail content for ad targeting :)

Kevin O'Neill, Jun 23, 2017
  3. Google accounts syncs forever.

I have Lumia 525. I have a microsoft account, a gmail account and a google account set up. All those were working fine. I had to delete the google account for some reason and when i added that account later it wont stop syncing. The sync never ends, i
    dont know why. I deleted the gmail account just to figure out the issues myself. The gmail account was added easily and synced successfully. I tried rebooting the phone, disabling internet connections, eeping the phone in flight mode, but not could cancel
    that sync. And since the account is greyed out., its inactive.

MD SAQUIB SERAJ, Jun 23, 2017
  4. Hydrate Win User

Google will stop scanning Gmail content for ad targeting

How does Google not scanning mail for ads relate to Windows 10 S and it's bold security defenses and performance claims? I do not understand.

Do you mean Windows 10 in general and it's immense amount of telemetry, user data gathering and difficult to remove spying components?

Then I agree!

Hydrate, Jun 23, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Windows 10S is insane!
    You can't even run a cmd or bat file!

Google will stop scanning Gmail content for ad targeting [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 23, 2017
  6. Hydrate Win User
    Precisely why I believe this OS is a handicap rather than anything. It's simply impractical as of right now. You cannot run any external files, and it must be approved by MS and the Windows Store.

Hydrate, Jun 23, 2017
  7. If you could run CMD/powershell, you could probably easily bypass some restrictions.

TairikuOkami, Jun 23, 2017
  8. Edwin New Member

Windows 10S: This really is a most useless OS!
    Can't install anything, nothing is installed, can't run any files!
    Gosh, I'm surprised it'll play an mp3 that wasn't purchased through Groove!!!
    Single basic display adapter, basic audio adapter, etc.
    What you see is what you get! *Confused

Edwin, Jun 23, 2017
  9. Barman58 Win User
    Apple Methods come to Microsoft ?

It is of course aimed at students - so as long as it doesn't make too much noise and wake them up in time for class then it's perfect *Devil

Barman58, Jun 23, 2017
  10. Cliff S New Member
    But there are definitely things in the Store not for kids!
    I posted some search screenshots earlier, but then thought about it, and deleted the post, before a mod or admin had to.(Do you call that Posticide???)

Cliff S, Jun 23, 2017
  11. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Jun 23, 2017
  12. Edwin New Member
    GOSH!
    It's letting me run setup.exe for an in-place upgrade! *Biggrin

Edwin, Jun 23, 2017
  13. Edwin New Member

K, I'm done; I won't de-rail this thread anymore.
    (I don't think Windows 10S warrants a thread of it's own!)

Edwin, Jun 23, 2017
  14. The "S" in 10S means s***. Windows 7 Starter is even more useful than that thing.

RoasterMen, Jun 23, 2017
  15. Barman58 Win User
    Steve It's probably just a political statement - They're saying they are going to stop doing something that they never said they did, which everyone else knew they were doing anyway, Maybe *Wink

Barman58, Jun 23, 2017
Thema:

1. Google will stop scanning Gmail content for ad targeting - Similar Threads - Google stop scanning

2. How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads: Hello Community; I have an HP desktop PC with OS of windows 10 Home.Just recently, on boot up, there are pop up ads that appear on the right side of my monitor, also the ads will pop once in awhile when I am using the pc. In the top left corner of the picture is says " GOOGLE...
  3. How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads: Hello Community; I have an HP desktop PC with OS of windows 10 Home.Just recently, on boot up, there are pop up ads that appear on the right side of my monitor, also the ads will pop once in awhile when I am using the pc. In the top left corner of the picture is says " GOOGLE...
  4. How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Adding a Google account without Gmail won't sync

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding a Google account without Gmail won't sync: I have two google accs with two different contacts. I want to use them both in the People app. However when I try to add the second google account, after entering the google acc details it just won't sync. The problem actually seems to be with the fact that the google account...
  6. Use clipboard contents in shortcut target

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use clipboard contents in shortcut target: Hello, I need to have the part of the target in my shortcut change automatically with my clipboard contents. How could I achieve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-clipboard-contents-in-shortcut-target/5824a36f-5f83-48a6-aa5f-f559aa8487b2
  7. gmail folders contents gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gmail folders contents gone: HI - I just added my work phone iPhone 6s to my gmail account, and now all the contents of my gmail folders are gone. Does anyone know what happened and how to fix this ?...
  8. Gmail account, Google

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Gmail account, Google: Why can't I add my gmail account or any google products. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-google/e0a5f53b-939a-49f0-93f3-f07c9a76d242"
  9. Google adding more options to right click context menu in Gmail

in Windows 10 News
    Google adding more options to right click context menu in Gmail: What’s changing We’re adding more options to the right-click context menu in Gmail. [ATTACH] New menu options in Gmail with conversation mode on [ATTACH] New menu options in Gmail with conversation mode off[ Who’s impacted All end users Why you’d use it With...
  10. gmail/google and megalomania

in Browsers and Email
    gmail/google and megalomania: Excellent torre .... just what I needed. My feeling is precisely the same as the final statement from Caller! *Smile