Windows 10: Google won't open on Firefox -- insecure site

Discus and support Google won't open on Firefox -- insecure site in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My son's laptop has Windows 10 as its OS, the latest version of Firefox, no antivirus (just Windows Defender). When he tries to open Google, a message... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Florio, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Florio Win User

Google won't open on Firefox -- insecure site

My son's laptop has Windows 10 as its OS, the latest version of Firefox, no antivirus (just Windows Defender). When he tries to open Google, a message comes up that the site is insecure, and there is no possibility to add a certificate. Does anyone know how to get around this? I've tried the various things suggested online, but Google will just not open (even though it will open if he uses Edge or Chrome as a browser).*Confused

:)

Florio, Sep 27, 2016

2. Recent Windows Update causing problem on Windows 10

And now I find that Google Chrome won't load any web sites. IE and Firefox work fine.

StephenLeffler8959, Sep 27, 2016
  3. anwar_123 Win User
    Issue with google sites and facebook

Hi ,

I am not able to access google's other site. Like google news .

From edge I am not able to open facebook page . Thought it opens in firefox but when I try to open google site , firefox crashes.

Though edge does not cruses , but it does not open up facebook and other google sites.

I have tried multiple option given in the community answers , still I have the issue.

I have tried from other system and there it works.

Regards

anwar_123, Sep 27, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

As your location is Italy, I've tried 'Google Italia' in both Edge and Firefox. I had to guess the address, so I tried google.co.it and google.it Both Edge and Firefox opened google.it but both Edge and Firefox report 'a problem with this website’s security certificate' for google.co.it - in Edge, clicking 'continue anyway' gets to a '404 page not found' error.

Google won't open on Firefox -- insecure site [​IMG]

A Whois lookup shows Google as the Registrant for both domains:

Domain: google.it
    Created: 1999-12-10 00:00:00
    Last Update: 2016-05-07 00:46:51
    Expire Date: 2017-04-21
    Registrant
    Organization: Google Ireland Holdings

Domain: google.co.it
    Created: 2006-10-25 00:00:00
    Last Update: 2016-05-12 00:42:04
    Expire Date: 2017-04-26
    Registrant
    Organization: Google Ireland Holdings

So I suspect that your son's Firefox is trying to open the Google.co.it one, while Chrome and Edge are looking at Google.it

As to why Google have registered two domains for Italy, but only one of them works I cannot say.

5. Florio Win User
    Thanks for your reply, Bree. The correct address is Google. I haven't come across Web Server's Default Page.

The strange thing is that this problem has only just sprung up. Up until the other day, Firefox was opening Google without problems!

Florio, Sep 27, 2016
  6. TairikuOkami, Sep 27, 2016
  7. Florio Win User
    Thanks for your input. I'll try the latest Beta on my son's laptop. However my own PC, which also runs Windows 10 and Firefox has no problems opening Google. This makes me think that something is set up incorrectly on my son's computer.

Florio, Sep 27, 2016
  8. Bree New Member

It could still be something as simple as the wrong address. Try typing 'google' in your son's Firefox address bar and see what the auto-complete puts on the end of it. One accidental visit to the wrong address could have added it to the auto-complete's memory.

9. elbmek Win User
    I just put FF in and its blocking pages I ask to go to online???

elbmek, Sep 28, 2016
  10. Hi, @Florio:

In addition to the excellent suggestions already offered....

Quick question: is the computer's date and time correct on the system in question?

{Incorrect system date/time can cause that sort of problem...}

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 29, 2016
  11. Florio Win User
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm currently away from home for a couple of days, but as soon as I get back I'll follow up on your advice...

Florio, Sep 29, 2016
  12. elbmek Win User
    yep, atomic clock verified

elbmek, Sep 29, 2016
  13. Florio Win User

Clock and date settings are all correct.
    But I've noticed that my son's computer has not managed to download the lastest Windows 10 updates, and that there are numerous 'family' notifications in the Action Center. Now, I read somewhere that sites can often be declared insecure on Firefox on the basis of microsoft account settings, so am now thinking that the problems lies here. But when I entered the accounts section on the computer, I was not able to delete or change individual profiles.

Florio, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Google won't open on Firefox -- insecure site - Similar Threads - Google won't open

2. google chrome searches showing as insecure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google chrome searches showing as insecure: I've been noticing that when I search for pretty much anything on chrome in windows 10 the searches are showing up as insecure with the exclamation icon in the URL instead of the lock symbol. This is happening on 2 devices and I just got them fully scanned for viruses at...
  3. Firefox problem (won't open)

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox problem (won't open): Hey Gang, having a problem with FireFox this morning ! It won't open to anything other than what the picture shows ! I have deleted it & removed everything even in the registry, then reloaded it & still the same ! The Edge works fine ! Even the links does not work !! Anyone...
  4. Chrome and Firefox won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome and Firefox won't open: So, a long time ago I was using Chrome and one day, Chrome started to close itself. I realized that to reopen Chrome I had to go to task manager and restart the Windows Explorer process, but even after restarting it, Chrome still closed a few seconds after opening it. I tried...
  5. Lastpass Suddenly has a Site it says is insecure

in Browsers and Email
    Lastpass Suddenly has a Site it says is insecure: This is strange. I am using Windows 10 Pro and Chrome Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit). This is on 2 systems and all of a sudden 1 system shows "We have Detected an Insecure Login Form" on ONE site that the Other system shows as OK. This is the same Lastpass...
  6. Google Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome: Today we’re announcing that Chrome will gradually ensure that secure (HTTPS) pages only download secure files. In a series of steps outlined below, we’ll start blocking "mixed content downloads" (non-HTTPS downloads started on secure pages). This move follows a plan we...
  7. Firefox Opening Web Site While PC Sleeps

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Opening Web Site While PC Sleeps: Hi, everyone. We just had new Windows 10 machines installed at work. (Dell Optiplex 3040) Our old PC's were Windows 7 and I always used Firefox as my browser. Never had any issues on W7. The new PC, however, is opening Firefox to http://hp.hfindingformspro, every night...
  8. Firefox Opening Web Site While PC Sleeps

in Windows 10 Support
    Firefox Opening Web Site While PC Sleeps: Hi, everyone. We just had new Windows 10 machines installed at work. (Dell Optiplex 3040) Our old PC's were Windows 7 and I always used Firefox as my browser. Never had any issues on W7. The new PC, however, is opening Firefox to http://hp.hfindingformspro, every night...
  9. why is FireFox (and Google) suddenly directing searches to a PUP site?

in Browsers and Email
    why is FireFox (and Google) suddenly directing searches to a PUP site?: Staritng about yesterday, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware keeps blocking search results, because the search result wants to bring up mps.eanswers.com. I'm using FireFox V 63.0, 64-bit version. I edited FireFox preferences to remove all search engines except Google from my search...
  10. Firefox won't open sometimes

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox won't open sometimes: Hi All, Windows 1809 has gone weird on Firefox sometimes and displays a popup window stating "Can't open this item" I always have my browsers pinned to the taskbar and every so often when I click on the firefox icon on taskbar i get a popup window. I am attaching a pic....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google wont open in firefox

2. why wont google open firefox

3. firefox reporting google insecure

4. firefox wont open google