Windows 10: Google’s Chrome 69 update to kill Adobe Flash Player

Discus and support Google’s Chrome 69 update to kill Adobe Flash Player in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier in the week we reported that Google will soon be releasing its next major update Chrome 69 with new Material Design and more. The Chrome 69... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 23, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Google’s Chrome 69 update to kill Adobe Flash Player

Earlier in the week we reported that Google will soon be releasing its next major update Chrome 69 with new Material Design and more. The Chrome 69 update will also be killing or discontinuing the Adobe Flash Player for its users.

After the new version the Chrome browser will no longer be saving the site settings for Adobe Flash plugin. This means that once you enable the Adobe Flash for a website and revisit the same website again you would need to manually update the Flash plugin.

The pop up will appear every time the user comes back to use the website which could be annoying for many but this is part of the Flash Plugin which will be seeing its end in 2020 as was announced by Adobe some time ago.

Moving forward Adobe will be using HTML5 instead of Flash for many websites including YouTube. The company had also announced that it will be disabling Flash by default in Microsoft Edge in 2019. This means that users would need to manually enable the setting every time.

Adobe is already working with many of its partners to make sure that the discontinuation of the Flash Player does not have an adverse effect on the products. Adobe confirmed the reason to discontinue Flash Player by stating:

“As open standards like HTML5, WebGL and WebAssembly have matured over the past several years, most now provide many of the capabilities and functionalities that plugins pioneered and have become a viable alternative for content on the web.”

Adobe will continue to deliver security patches for browsers and operating systems until 2020 and is requesting customers to switch to alternative solutions. The company is also planning to aggressively push EOL Flash in certain geographies were outdated versions of Flash Players are being used.

The post Google’s Chrome 69 update to kill Adobe Flash Player appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 23, 2018
  2. hTconeM9user, Aug 23, 2018
  3. cokomo Win User
    Adobe flash player keeps clashing in google chrome in windows 10, why?

Original Title: flashplayer

adobe flash player keeps clashing in google chrome in windows 10, why

cokomo, Aug 23, 2018
  4. m&m's Win User

Flash not working in Chrome [Solved]

Go to %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash and delete the folder 23.0.0.185, open Chrome go to chrome://components and click update Adobe Flash Player.

m&m's, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Google’s Chrome 69 update to kill Adobe Flash Player - Similar Threads - Google’s Chrome update

2. Windows 10 update to kill off Adobe Flash Player permanently

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update to kill off Adobe Flash Player permanently: On December 31, 2020, Adobe killed off Flash Player once and for all, and users are now recommended to uninstall the software from Windows 10 and web browsers. Adobe has already started displaying Flash Player end of life pop-up on Windows 10. Later this month or next month,...
  3. Adobe Flash player updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe Flash player updates: If there is no future support for Flash Player, why do I need to download updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash-player-updates/1f17e359-1e94-4294-abf9-fc9dc23457d9
  4. Adobe flash player updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adobe flash player updates: Why do I need updates if not supported after 12/31/20? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash-player-updates/b1d39773-6b5d-41e0-b069-9bfa700b0987
  5. Adobe Flash Player Update

Adobe Flash Player Update: Doesn't Windows do Adobe Flash Player updates anymore? I used to get the standard update every month along with the Cumulative update but that hasn't happened since September. [ATTACH]...
  6. Adobe Flash Player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adobe Flash Player: I upgraded to Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 as I had a notice now adobe flash player only works one time and I have to click to allow adobe flash player each time. What is up?...
  7. Adobe Flash Player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adobe Flash Player: I upgraded to Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 as I had a notice now adobe flash player only works one time and I have to click to allow adobe flash player each time. What is up?...
  8. Adobe Flash Player updates

Adobe Flash Player updates: I have several "Adobe Flash Player" updates that require a restart. After a restart they still do not install. This does not work. None will install. What can I do. Using Windows 10....
  9. Adobe Flash Player update

in Browsers and Email
    Adobe Flash Player update: Version 18.0.0.232 http://www.cso.com.au/article/581746/patch-tuesday-adobe-fixes-34-flash-bugs-microsoft-fixes-edge-browser/ Adobe - Flash Player 15503
  10. Adobe releases 69 security updates for Flash Player, Acrobat and Reade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe releases 69 security updates for Flash Player, Acrobat and Reade: Adobe releases 69 security updates for Flash Player, Acrobat and Reader Adobe releases 69 security updates for Flash Player, Acrobat and Reader - IT News from V3.co.uk 27014