Windows 10: Gooodbye to EDGE, how do I deal with it?

Discus and support Gooodbye to EDGE, how do I deal with it? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; *Mad I finally set FireFox back to default. Edge used to work very well, for the first month or so. But now: 1) I can't copy any text or links... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by XweAponX, Sep 19, 2015.

1. XweAponX Win User

Gooodbye to EDGE, how do I deal with it?

*Mad

I finally set FireFox back to default.

Edge used to work very well, for the first month or so. But now:

1) I can't copy any text or links from an open page and paste it into another page like I can with every other browser I use.

2) Sometimes clicking on links within a page only brings up a new blank page.

3) If I hit a spamsite accidentally, the popups take over and they won't close by clicking on the upper right "X".

Mostly it's the inability to copy and paste that is driving me crazy. Are there some settings somewhere that I need to adjust? Thanks.

:)

XweAponX, Sep 19, 2015

2. How do I deal with Runtime Error

I have just received my upgrade to Windows 10, but I keep getting this error message: "Run time to terminate in an unusual way." Please contact application support team. Can the team shed any light on this? Also, my Explorer page has stopped responding.
    I cannot open any item.

[Moved from Community Participation Center]

CodringtonFrank, Sep 19, 2015
  3. how to do Win User
    HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Sep 19, 2015
  4. Gooodbye to EDGE, how do I deal with it?

I finally set FireFox back to default.

Edge used to work very well, for the first month or so. But now:

1) I can't copy any text or links from an open page and paste it into another page like I can with every other browser I use.

2) Sometimes clicking on links within a page only brings up a new blank page.

3) If I hit a spamsite accidentally, the popups take over and they won't close by clicking on the upper right "X".

Mostly it's the inability to copy and paste that is driving me crazy. Are there some settings somewhere that I need to adjust? Thanks.

..strange, but I just copied and pasted that using Edge.. *Confused

BugMeister, Sep 19, 2015
  5. Gibbs Win User
    I was not impressed with Edge. I also use "Classic Shell" and make my life a whole lot easier. I also looked in the programs and found IE ver 11 and pinned it to Classic Shell Startup, taskbar and put a shortcut on my desktop. Works just like the old Internet Explorer in 8.1 (which I am using now) that allows for print preview and does one thing I have not gotten Firefox to do, and that is to first select parts of the page and then to print only that which I selected. Firefox has a nice add-on called "Print Edit" that lets me preview a page and print it, resize it, or even just save it as a pdf file.

Gibbs, Sep 19, 2015
  6. - the snipping tool is pretty neat for cutting big chunks out of a page..
    - you can even scribble all over the page before you snip it..*Roflmao2

BugMeister, Sep 19, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Sep 20, 2015
  8. Gooodbye to EDGE, how do I deal with it?

For your first point, Ctrl + C and then Ctrl + V is all you ever need to copy/paste. Beside that, you can right-click highlighted text to select copy, and paste it where you want. If this isn't working, Edge has broken and you should seek a fix for it.

But if you prefer Firefox, more power to ya! Whatever is good for you, is good for me.

DustSailor, Sep 20, 2015
  9. XweAponX Win User
    Ok, thanks for the replies. I found out what my main problem was: It's a new thing called "CARET BROWING"

Test:

Ok, thanks for the replies. I found out what my main problem was: It's a new thing called "CARET BROWING"

You have to turn it on before you are allowed to copy and paste to another page etc. It's here:

Gooodbye to EDGE, how do I deal with it? [​IMG]

In Edge's Advanced Settings.

Believe me, I did cntrl-c and all of the other things I always do to copy and paste, and it was just not working in Edge - Until I turned that on.

Actually, I see that caret browsing should have nothing to do with the usual way of selecting text with your cursor and just pasting it, but for some reason, it suddenly started working when I turned it on. So I'm going to try to re-install Edge, see if it works better. Thanks to all.

XweAponX, Sep 20, 2015
  10. XweAponX Win User
    Reinstalled it:

Gooodbye to EDGE, how do I deal with it? [​IMG]

Runs MUCH better now. My Browsing History size was set at a whopping 1GB, I switched that to 250mb like I usually had with IE. We'll see if I get bogged up again.

test:

Runs MUCH better now.

Yes, Caret Browsing MUST be turned on to be able to do any copy and pasting. I can see the text I am selecting light up with a red highlight now, something that was not happening before I turned that on. So that setting actually does have to do with the ability to copy and paste, the guy who said he did it in a post earlier, must have that option turned on.

XweAponX, Sep 20, 2015
  11. Keager Win User
    what Power Shell command is used to remove Edge?

Keager, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Gooodbye to EDGE, how do I deal with it?

1. Gooodbye to EDGE, how do I deal with it? - Similar Threads - Gooodbye EDGE deal

2. How do I deal with a weird jittering issue in Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I deal with a weird jittering issue in Windows?: This started yesterday when I was still using Windows 10. Please see the video for reference.So far, I have triedRemoving the AMD graphics driver and Nvidia's driver,Updated both to the latestRolled back to previous buildsUpgrading to Windows 11Nothing worked. Even without...
  3. How do I deal with a weird jittering issue in Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I deal with a weird jittering issue in Windows?: This started yesterday when I was still using Windows 10. Please see the video for reference.So far, I have triedRemoving the AMD graphics driver and Nvidia's driver,Updated both to the latestRolled back to previous buildsUpgrading to Windows 11Nothing worked. Even without...
  4. How do I deal with a weird jittering issue in Windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. MoAppCrash how do i deal with this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MoAppCrash how do i deal with this?: SummaryStopped workingDate‎12/‎2/‎2024 8:16 pmStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.254428597CFE2_1.3968.54146.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\game\HaloInfinite.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: MoAppCrashPackage Full Name:...
  6. MoAppCrash how do i deal with this?

MoAppCrash how do i deal with this?: SummaryStopped workingDate‎12/‎2/‎2024 8:16 pmStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.254428597CFE2_1.3968.54146.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\game\HaloInfinite.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: MoAppCrashPackage Full Name:...
  7. How to deal with these?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to deal with these?: I had a bad resetting experience after - the following apps doesn't work and unusable:> Wordpad> MS Store> PaintMoreover, opening text and making batch files, as long as creating things from Paint are all impaired activities.There's a error saying:What to do?...
  8. How to deal with these?

How to deal with these?: I had a bad resetting experience after - the following apps doesn't work and unusable:> Wordpad> MS Store> PaintMoreover, opening text and making batch files, as long as creating things from Paint are all impaired activities.There's a error saying:What to do?...
  9. How do I deal with a 'remediation incomplete' security alert?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I deal with a 'remediation incomplete' security alert?: My Windows Defender notifies me that it has detected Trojan Malware TrojanDownloader:JS/MalScript/Ab!.MSR on my PC -Windows 10. It says this ‘severe threat’ has been tackled and there are no current threats - but the ‘remeditation is incomplete’, with a reference to the...
  10. I dont know how to deal with this

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I dont know how to deal with this: i did not get anycode and my windows is gonna shut down if i dont enter that code how can you guys help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-dont-know-how-to-deal-with-this/8fa9ac2b-7d64-4916-a8d9-756ba0c679f9