Windows 10: Goove music not reading music from NAS

Discus and support Goove music not reading music from NAS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have mu music collection on a QNAP NAS. This is mapped as a network drive. I can add this a loacation for Groove to get it's music from but while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by geofflove, Aug 6, 2015.

1. geofflove Win User

Goove music not reading music from NAS

I have mu music collection on a QNAP NAS. This is mapped as a network drive.

I can add this a loacation for Groove to get it's music from but while it accepts this is doesn;t actualkly find any music even though it's there. Odd thing the old 'Music' app did work after the upgrade to 10 but then seemed to stop after the recent update when I think 'Groove' replaced it.

I found this on a MS article: If you have music stored on a network or network access storage (NAS) drive:

To use a network drive with the Music app:

• The drive must be hosted by a Windows operating system.
    • You must have Windows Search and Desktop Experience features installed.
    • You must enable Indexing for the share.
    If you have to install or enable these features, you may have to rebuild the index for the share to function correctly with the Music app.

However, I don't know if these options are already enabled or how to check..... Can someone advise?

Thanks

:)

geofflove, Aug 6, 2015
  2. drewVW Win User

GROOVE MUSIC APP ON WINDOWS10 PC

IVE POSTED IN SEVERAL FORUMS NOW - ALL WITH NO HELPFUL ANSWERS. ITS LIKE THIS...MICROSOFT GROOVE MUSIC APP WILL NOT PLAY CD'S ON MY PC OR LAPTOP. ....IS ANY BODY LISTENING...GOOVE MUSIC WILL NOT PLAY CD'S ON MY LAPTOP OR PC! ITS REALLY SIMPLE...GROOVE
    MUSIC APP WILL NOT PLAY CD'S ON MY LAPTOP OR PC....YAWN.

drewVW, Aug 6, 2015
  3. drudigger Win User
    Xbox account banned in 2012 thats linked to microsoft account

Thank you for the link, sadly they were unable to help me with my problem. Ill just continue to use my computer how it is and not use goove music and find an alternative, Thank you for the help.

drudigger, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Goove music not reading music from NAS

Just tried Groove, added my NAS . Restarted Groove and it started to load my albums (120GB+). Very slow at adding 'em. Not impressed.

Installed "Kodi" lightning fast at reading and loading all my albums.

Torquemada, Aug 7, 2015
  5. cksandal Win User
    Go to This PC; Computer -> Add Network Location -> Next -> Choose custom... -> Enter: \\<your NAS server>\<path to music> -> Next, finish etc. Once this is done, add that network location to Groove,

This worked for me...

cksandal, Dec 30, 2015
  6. Yogeebare Win User
    Why do Microsoft insist in making things difficult!
    I have an old Buffalo NAS drive so that all of my music and video are stored centrally allowing me to access and play from multiple devices. This has worked in all previous version of windows but the latest release has now removed this functionality.
    I can manually add the folder, but when it scans the folder it informs me that "No items match my search". I can view and play individual files through explorer so there is definitely no issue in accessing the files, it just appears to be the latest updates to the audio players - both groove and windows media.
    I have followed the advice of CKsandal but get the same result.
    Surely there is a way to fool windows into believing the NAS drive is a trusted device?

Yogeebare, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Goove music not reading music from NAS

1. Goove music not reading music from NAS - Similar Threads - Goove music reading

2. Music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Music: I added a cd from my desk top to windows media player and I changed the artist name and the year and now when I put the cd on a hard drive the information doesn’t come along how do I save it to the original file...
  3. MUSIC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MUSIC: WHAT IS THE BEST APP FOR PLAYING MUSIC ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music/74be58d7-543d-4e93-94ca-e4fd4018acf6
  4. Music widgets with groove music

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Music widgets with groove music: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/ybdulbeczv751.png?width=907&format=png&auto=webp&s=31c16a3935607d12a0d5015a18e8725979cd9593 So I have the twenty one pilots shortcut that opens up groove music and starts playing their music immediately but is there any way to make it do...
  5. Music

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Music: Hello,It's not a Windows nor computer topic, but I'll try in this forum after trying many online places.A music cassette was damaged. I managed to restore some parts and remained two partial clips I could not find the whole clips. With your permission and help I will try to...
  6. music

in Windows 10 Customization
    music: How do I make windows media player my default in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music/867ed315-3fee-4a8f-8273-41b11d598b0b
  7. music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    music: certain songs I try to burn on a cd it wont let me it keeps telling me look at the icon beside the song https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music/a5058cf3-7972-46f8-85c0-5f48ad732f1e"
  8. Music

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Music: Is there still a Musicmatch Jukebox that works???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music/24d1d494-93e7-420a-879b-5b9d88c27373
  9. music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    music: I bought a painc! at the disco album that contained a way for me to download the album online. I have it downloaded but when it opens the "groove music" it says it couldn't find an audio device, is there any way I could play it on my computer somewhere else...
  10. Goove Music on 2 machines - one shows album art, the other does not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Goove Music on 2 machines - one shows album art, the other does not: I`ve got my music on a network share, and I have 2 windows 10 machines with Groove installed on them pointed to that share. One machine shows the album art for the music perfectly. I can delete the library and re-create it, and still the album art appears exactly as it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft groove not reading nas drive