Windows 10: Gosh - One drive has taken over. I just want to save to my computer

Discus and support Gosh - One drive has taken over. I just want to save to my computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can go into word and save to my PC not onedrive But when I scan and go to save it keeps wanting to save to the onedrive I have tried to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by austin571, Feb 9, 2018.

1. austin571 Win User

Gosh - One drive has taken over. I just want to save to my computer

I can go into word and save to my PC not onedrive
    But when I scan and go to save it keeps wanting to save to the onedrive
    I have tried to delete onedrive - then all my programs on the desktop go away.
    Bring it back.
    Tried to copy from onedrive to desktop folder but it says it is there
    I can scan but if I want to view it it saves to one drive and opens in Microsoft edge
    why and how do I get rid of it.

:)

austin571, Feb 9, 2018

2. Microsoft Photos - It has taken over. I don't want to TRANSFER photos I want to COPY them. How do I COPY vs TRANSFER?

Awesome! Problem solved. Thank you so much. Have been frustrated for weeks trying to find solution. No I never touched AutoPlay settings and in fact never even heard of or saw until today. Some auto update of software from either Microsoft or Dell in hindsight
    changed that setting to Import! I did not do it and didn't even know about it. So as you suggested I found and went to AutoPlay settings, saw it was set on Import, changed it to Ask Me Every Time (like it use to) and it did and everything works and I can see
    my iPhone files and transfer or copy what I want from folders there to folders on iPhone. Thanks so much.

Wish settings wouldn't auto change on software updates but problem solved.

I'm only curious at this point if Microsoft Photos (which have never seen nor heard from in my life) allows you to COPY vs IMPORT as the IMPORT automatically seems to delete whatever you import from the iPhone unless there is some setting to prevent the
    auto deletion.

JonSamuelson, Feb 9, 2018
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    Microsoft Photos - It has taken over. I don't want to TRANSFER photos I want to COPY them. How do I COPY vs TRANSFER?

No worries, Jon.

Cheers.

Karla Alm, Feb 9, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member
  5. austin571 Win User
    I tried that before I I think I unlinked it. Seems I have a onedrive at school and one at home, yet it keeps coming up business onedrive. This is what I am seeing in the files folder

Gosh - One drive has taken over.  I just want to save to my computer [​IMG]

I just want to get rid of onedrive, but when I do my who desktop goes away.

austin571, Feb 9, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
Thema:

Gosh - One drive has taken over. I just want to save to my computer

1. Gosh - One drive has taken over. I just want to save to my computer - Similar Threads - Gosh drive has

2. Help Please, ONE Drive has taken over!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Please, ONE Drive has taken over!: Hello,I am using Windows10 Pro. I recently got a notice saying I was out of room for email on my outlook account. When I went to investigate it turns out that the culprit was OneDRIVE backing a bunch of stuff up and using a shared drive with my email. As a result I am no...
  3. Help Please, ONE Drive has taken over!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Please, ONE Drive has taken over!: Hello,I am using Windows10 Pro. I recently got a notice saying I was out of room for email on my outlook account. When I went to investigate it turns out that the culprit was OneDRIVE backing a bunch of stuff up and using a shared drive with my email. As a result I am no...
  4. Help Please, ONE Drive has taken over!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. OneDrive has taken Over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive has taken Over: I recently upgraded my computer and moved all my document to a new Windows 11 machine. The documents were moved into the documents folder. For reasons unknown to me, Onedrive started synching them automatically. It then stated it was out of space and I needed to pay $6.99 a...
  6. OneDrive has taken Over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive has taken Over: I recently upgraded my computer and moved all my document to a new Windows 11 machine. The documents were moved into the documents folder. For reasons unknown to me, Onedrive started synching them automatically. It then stated it was out of space and I needed to pay $6.99 a...
  7. Microsoft Sign has taken over my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Sign has taken over my computer: I cant sign in anywhere, and if I get a new password, within a few hours it starts saying incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sign-has-taken-over-my-computer/ce316863-d39a-4609-b843-182376b9f4de
  8. One Drive has taken over my laptop!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive has taken over my laptop!!!: I haven't used one drive in quite a while, but got a notification that I had files uploaded and to buy more space. I decided to log in to one drive to see what I had stored. One drive moved multiple folders, including work save folders and so on to one drive. I now can NOT...
  9. Microsoft One Note printer has taken over my computer, how and why?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft One Note printer has taken over my computer, how and why?: I have an HP 43650 All in one printer. When I try to print pictures from my computer they go to the printer in color but the printer shows them in black and white. It also prints them in black and white. I can print them in color on Microsoft One Note but I don't know where...
  10. Why has Microsoft Edge taken over my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why has Microsoft Edge taken over my computer?: I turned on my desktop yesterday and found a totally different look. All the icons were missing, and they were replaced by several large boxes. I tried to go to programs, but those are missing. I finally found something on the left side of the screen that took me to apps....