Windows 10: got a BSOD. Event Log says something about bug check.

Discus and support got a BSOD. Event Log says something about bug check. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i have a Surface 7 Pro running Win 11. I got a BSOD followed by a restart. Seems fine after the restart, but this is the 2nd time today. It's less than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by James Rodd, Dec 3, 2023.

1. got a BSOD. Event Log says something about bug check.

i have a Surface 7 Pro running Win 11. I got a BSOD followed by a restart. Seems fine after the restart, but this is the 2nd time today. It's less than a year old, and I am pretty good about keeping it updated. I ran a malware bytes check. Ran an anti-virus scan. Nothing was found in either scan. got the dump file and event log. couldn't figure out how to send to youDevice name STRANGER-DANGER Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz 1.50 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.6 GB usable Device ID 5DC53CED-44B8-430A-A1DA-71D532DF0123 Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA861 System type 64-

:)

James Rodd, Dec 3, 2023
  2. Steve C Win User

Bug in Event Viewer - Filter Current Log by Event Source

I found a bug trying to view the Event Log on both my v 1803 PCs for the Option Filter Current Log by Event Source.

Nothing appears in the drop down list unless the screen scaling is set to 100%. This strange behaviour is experienced by many users based on a Google search. It seems Microsoft's infamous software QA strikes again. I guess we will have to wait for a fix.

Is there a better free Event Viewer to use than that provided in Windows?

See the error below - nothing appears in the drop down box unless you use 100% scaling:

got a BSOD.  Event Log says something about bug check. [​IMG]

Steve C, Dec 3, 2023
  3. Bree Win User
    Bug in Event Viewer - Filter Current Log by Event Source

FYI, this bug also exists in 1809.
    It was in 1803 from the beginning, build 17134.1.
    It isn't there in 1709, even in the latest build 16299.847 (Dec 2018).

(tested on my System Two below).

Bree, Dec 3, 2023
  4. got a BSOD. Event Log says something about bug check.

Friend's desktop BSOD - 0x139 ntkrnlmp.exe

Hello.

You can recommend to your for friend to do these steps:

• Use the event log to see if there are higher level events that occur leading up to this stop code.
    • If you recently added hardware to the system, try removing or replacing it. Or check with the manufacturer to see if any patches are available.
    • If new device drivers or system services have been added recently, try removing or updating them. Try to determine what changed in the system that caused the new bug check code to appear.
    • Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device or driver that is causing the error. For more information, see Open Event Viewer. Look for critical errors in the system log that occurred in the same time window as the blue screen.
    • Look in Device Manager to see if any devices are marked with the exclamation point (!). Review the events log displayed in driver properties for any faulting driver. Try updating the related driver.
    • Run a virus detection program. Viruses can infect all types of hard disks formatted for Windows, and resulting disk corruption can generate system bug check codes. Make sure the virus detection program checks the Master Boot Record for infections.

Also in the dump file it says that the process that was running when this BSOD happened was game.bin. Does your friend play an outdated game maybe?

BorisTheAnimal, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

got a BSOD. Event Log says something about bug check.

1. got a BSOD. Event Log says something about bug check. - Similar Threads - got BSOD Event

2. Can you check why I got BSOD with a " bug check" ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can you check why I got BSOD with a " bug check" ?: I was waiting for a friend to re enter a game of csgo and I ended up getting BSOD.I will upload the dump file and I was wondering what this was.Windows bug check.zip...
  3. Can you check why I got BSOD with a " bug check" ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you check why I got BSOD with a " bug check" ?: I was waiting for a friend to re enter a game of csgo and I ended up getting BSOD.I will upload the dump file and I was wondering what this was.Windows bug check.zip...
  4. Can you check why I got BSOD with a " bug check" ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. got a BSOD. Event Log says something about bug check.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    got a BSOD. Event Log says something about bug check.: i have a Surface 7 Pro running Win 11. I got a BSOD followed by a restart. Seems fine after the restart, but this is the 2nd time today. It's less than a year old, and I am pretty good about keeping it updated. I ran a malware bytes check. Ran an anti-virus scan. Nothing was...
  6. Event 1001 Bug Check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 1001 Bug Check: I have been having issues lately with the new system I built restarting. No BSOD, just a hang to black screen then restart. Sometimes when playing a game, sometimes in the middle of the night when not even using the pc. Could someone please take a look at my dmp files and see...
  7. Event 1001 Bug Check

Event 1001 Bug Check: I have been having issues lately with the new system I built restarting. No BSOD, just a hang to black screen then restart. Sometimes when playing a game, sometimes in the middle of the night when not even using the pc. Could someone please take a look at my dmp files and see...
  8. got a bug check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    got a bug check: Ok while playing a game once the game had finished I got a hard crash where the screen went all different colours and artifact all I could find in event viewer was this The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005,...
  9. got a bug check

got a bug check: Ok while playing a game once the game had finished I got a hard crash where the screen went all different colours and artifact all I could find in event viewer was this The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005,...
  10. Event 1001 Bug Check

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event 1001 Bug Check: My PC rebooted and I got the following system event out of the logs. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000041790, 0xffffeb0009a56db0, 0x00000000000001ff, 0x0000000000000200. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report...