Windows 10: Got a few monitors that are blocky, the rest are fine. Ideas?

Discus and support Got a few monitors that are blocky, the rest are fine. Ideas? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I got two AOC monitors that have bad looking text. I have set clear type which did nothing. I have changed the contrast and brightness many times in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ironfist, Jul 20, 2016.

1. ironfist Win User

Got a few monitors that are blocky, the rest are fine. Ideas?

I got two AOC monitors that have bad looking text. I have set clear type which did nothing. I have changed the contrast and brightness many times in windows and in the monitor setup. It did nothing. I have other monitors that look just fine. All are 1920. They are using VGA cables. Considering a screenshot won't work, I posted some photos to kind of compare. I have a fine monitor next to this one to compare. I can move a window onto it and the text looks fine. I can even alt+prntscr the bad monitor, paste it in photoshop, drag it to the good monitor and it looks fine. Everything is fine except letters. Specific webpages are quite illegible, for example, this one:

This is shocking to me. Windows font rendering isnt even close to what Ubuntu-p... | Hacker News

Current monitor:

http://i68.tinypic.com/wsppc9.png

Look at the edges of the i and t. They look pixelated.

Good monitor:

http://i67.tinypic.com/55m929.png

To make this further weirder, it looks worse in Internet Explorer than in Firefox, although both look bad on that monitor. So I think it's a pixel thing?

:)

ironfist, Jul 20, 2016
  2. General7 Win User

Why are the apps on windows at a cost that are free for android?

The apps available does not compliment the HD2, why is that?

General7, Jul 20, 2016
  3. DarthWrek Win User

Like Julie said again Got a few monitors that are blocky, the rest are fine.  Ideas? :p, the developer uses his/her discretion when deciding to make a application for a price or offer it for free. Sometimes they were paid to develop an appe and did the other for windows marketplace as a home project and wants to get
    paid *shrug*. Contact developer.

DarthWrek, Jul 20, 2016
Thema:

Got a few monitors that are blocky, the rest are fine. Ideas?

1. Got a few monitors that are blocky, the rest are fine. Ideas? - Similar Threads - Got few monitors

2. bad internet while rest devices are fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bad internet while rest devices are fine: Hi!..why is my pc's internet so slow while other devices working perfectly fine? are vpns the reasons? i deleted it since i accidently downloaded it i don't know if it causes problems, this aside, but still is there's anything to stop internet lag? whenever i'm trying to call...
  3. bad internet while rest devices are fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bad internet while rest devices are fine: Hi!..why is my pc's internet so slow while other devices working perfectly fine? are vpns the reasons? i deleted it since i accidently downloaded it i don't know if it causes problems, this aside, but still is there's anything to stop internet lag? whenever i'm trying to call...
  4. fonts all jagged and blocky

fonts all jagged and blocky: Web pages fonts all jagged and blocky, letters missing, boxes in place of a letter green boxes appear some programs appear ok, but open to text, then that appears. Facebook text is ok, but green box will appear on some images Ancestry text looks ok, but when I go to enter...
  5. Artifact Compression? Display is blocky

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Artifact Compression? Display is blocky: Hi, I've been trying to search for my problem but I'm not sure how to phrase it so I'm struggling for results. I'll describe it as my display looking blocky or smokey? As if my monitor is trying to display a smooth range of colour but only has a limited range of shades to...
  6. Upgrading Rest of Desktop Drives, a Few Little Questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading Rest of Desktop Drives, a Few Little Questions: Hello All Went ahead and ordered upgraded Drives for rest of Desktop drives to go along with the M.2 Drive recently that i got for Christams, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo Sata SSD, and 4TB WD Black Storage drive. I assume with Macirum Reflect Home i can just restore the image of...
  7. Just got back home and my desktop is looking like this, any ideas? It's not the monitor...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just got back home and my desktop is looking like this, any ideas? It's not the monitor...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Spedimall [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kcenx1/just_got_back_home_and_my_desktop_is_looking_like/
  8. Got any Idea what is going on?

Got any Idea what is going on?: Not wanting to copy and paste my help thread from other forums that I never got a reply from I will try to get help here. The problem I am experiencing is Default Application I get the How do you want to open this file? Problem: It opens without me doing...
  9. Daily BSOD after 1 hour, then fine for rest of day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Daily BSOD after 1 hour, then fine for rest of day: Hi, Have an office computer which bluescreens daily after a certain period of time, but then is fine for the rest of the working day. BSOD shows CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION, and bluescreenview shows plenty of ntoskrnl.exe+ 14e2a0 Any thoughts? I'm sure its relating...
  10. Internet speed slow on one computer but fine on the rest of computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet speed slow on one computer but fine on the rest of computers: I just updated to Windows 10 but I think the problem was with Windows 8 too, Sometimes my internet is out on my PC while the internet is still up on my brothers PC, tho this problem happens about 3 times a very few days.. We have 5+ computers in the house and 4 are on daily...