Windows 10: Got New Dell Laptop, W10, 4th computer w/continued problems

Discus and support Got New Dell Laptop, W10, 4th computer w/continued problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series/Intel i5-6200u 2.3ghz/8gb ram/1tb hdd I'll bet nobody ever had this situation. Past year, 4 different brand computers. W8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ImLost, May 1, 2017.

1. ImLost Win User

Got New Dell Laptop, W10, 4th computer w/continued problems

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series/Intel i5-6200u 2.3ghz/8gb ram/1tb hdd
    I'll bet nobody ever had this situation. Past year, 4 different brand computers. W8 and W10. Internet Explorer.

* Often have to click multiple times when I go to click on something.
    * Typing, the cursor disappears, or it jumps somewhere else (and touchpad is turned 'off', I am using external mouse). Letters wont appear, keep tapping, or hesitate as I wait, then they might all of a sudden fill in.
    * Click to a page, often wait and wait while the page slowly fills in as "circle" goes around.
    * When scrolling, I turn the wheel, it hesitates a couple of seconds, then it moves.
    * Very often get messages like 'Internet Explorer is not responding' 'the page is not responding, IE is looking for a solution'.
    * Often get the cursor flashing, doing the arrow/circle, arrow/hand, hand/circle, wont change to the hand. Happens everywhere, email or 'regular' website pages, etc.
    * Yahoo email often seems fouled up. Jumps around by itself. Try to drag an email into a folder, but it wont change to the envelope icon so nothing there to drag.
    And more 'weird' things seem to happen.

Had Comcast techs check the cable/internet wiring 3 different times in past, as I felt sure they somehow must have wired something wrong. Nothing. I use their own gateway router/modem, always current.

It wouldn't set up right out of the box, after first couple of steps, screen went black/blank, wouldn't turn back on, called Dell, they did remote-repair. Then earphone jack didn't work, and screen froze 3 times that day. Called, did remote repair again for earphone, said he checked/fix the freezing. I listened to some audio with earphone, was fine. Unplugged it, later go to use it again, does not work again. Sent email, waiting for the next remote-repair. Wondering if I got a "lemon" (again).

This seems incredible to me, four different brand computers, w8 and w10, similar problems making it so frustrating.
    Others I've talked to say the same. Am I cursed??

:)

ImLost, May 1, 2017

2. Sleep mode on Dell lapop inspiron 7537 with Windows 10

Selecting Sleep mode on Dell 7537 closes screen but leaves keyboard on. To start W-10 again I have to hold down power button to fully turn off laptop and then power button on again. Started with W-10. Not a problem with older Dell Studio with W10. How
    can I fix the 7537 to come out of sleep mode easily? Thx.

AlbertLetzkus, May 1, 2017
  3. The screen keeps flashing, start menu does not work, after upgrading to Windows 10.

I have the same problem in dell laptop too. The flashing got solved by updating the drivers. But the start menu doesn't work.

From what i gathered from different forums, Apparently there's a big issue between dell and w10.

Valdez Saucedo, May 1, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

If you are just venting, I feel your pain. However, I always do the following when I get a new laptop:

Create the manufacturer recovery discs (for emergency use if necessary)
    Do a clean install following this tutorial:
    Clean Install Windows 10
    (You may want to download all the drivers from Dell beforehand just in case you need them)

I recently purchase a Lenovo 110-15ISK and it was very slow until I did a clean install. I did not have to use any drivers from Lenovo because the installer/updater found all my drivers. Now I have a very fast laptop.

Good luck in resolving your issues.

Regards,

5. ImLost Win User
    Wow, I'm not a 'techie', a clean install is pretty complicated, isn't it? I wondered when buying a new comp, if a "new" W10 is in it, or if the same working issue of W10 from old comp transfers onto it or something like that? If a new comp comes with W10, isn't that a "clean" issue of W10?? Doesn't seem logical to automatically have to install W10 on a new comp that came with W10.

Anybody have more ideas? Internet Explorer fouled up? Or is that also "new/clean" with a new comp?

ImLost, May 2, 2017
  6. It sounds like you have multiple issues. I would return the laptop back to Dell as a new laptop should not be behaving in the ways you described. I am mainly talking about black screen and headphone jack issues.
    As far as the internet goes, in my experience Internet Explorer does have some issues resolving a lot of web pages, Yahoo being one of them. Have you installed and tried a different browser such as Firefox or Chrome?
    If that makes no difference, if you have a friend with a good working computer come over and see if the internet works any better on their pc. If it doesn't, call Comcast and make them look at your equipment again.

cflusflwfl, May 2, 2017
  7. lmaneke Win User
    Lots of times, pre-installed systems are junk. I've bought multiple laptops that I needed to do clean installs on due to the Windows that came on it is junk. It sucks, but it's true unfortunately.

Whenever I buy a new laptop, I'll make the recovery media that comes with it, then do a clean install.

lmaneke, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Got New Dell Laptop, W10, 4th computer w/continued problems - Similar Threads - Got Dell Laptop

2. New Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Dell laptop: Hi i just got a new Dell Latitude 7410, when i get to the stage of sign in with microsoft account I get the message "We didn't find that email address in your organization. Use another email address or contact your administrator". But this is for personal use and not related...
  3. W10 Laptop Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 Laptop Problems: I have a HP Stream 14, I got it used early last year and it's been working fine. But lately when I am using the Camera App, this is random btw, while I am recording a video the app just freezes like it just stopped recording. It happens at random times, it could be 5 minutes...
  4. new Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    new Dell laptop: I’ve purchased a new Dell laptop. Could you help me with this questions. I cannot figure out how to take photos using it. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-dell-laptop/ddfa338b-d286-4f4c-9fb8-59dcc596ebfb
  5. New Dell Computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Dell Computer: I went online and bought this Dell Computer. (Vostro 3583|Service Tag: 8QTHTW2It) It has no DVD tray? What if I wanted to write something to a CD or DVD? Crazy . . . I suppose I could add an external drive. Or could I? It also said it had Windows 10 Pro? But, when I went...
  6. New laptop with continuous BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New laptop with continuous BSOD: Hello, I've recently purchased a new laptop HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx (August 2019). I've always kept it up to date and I've never installed any counterfeited software. In the last few days I've bumped into BSOD quite a few times. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...
  7. Cannot update W10 to W10 Pro.... Can not find it in the AP store.... (new Dell Computer...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot update W10 to W10 Pro.... Can not find it in the AP store.... (new Dell Computer...: Installed W10 OK. Followed all instructions to upgrade to W10pro... that resulted (ended up) transferring me to a web page where I expected further instructions or an AP from/in the Ap Store.... However the web page was BLANK. So, I went to the AP store another way and...
  8. dell laptop computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dell laptop computer: I am using text now messaging & calling on my laptop When I call out I can hear the people Im calling but they cant hear me, Ive tried everything from default settings to PC with built in speakers, the connect mode in notifications ,device manager Audio input & output devices...
  9. Problems with activation on new dell laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems with activation on new dell laptop: Bought a new dell inspiron laptop came with window 10 home tried to format it and place windows 10 pro in its place but the thing keeps bring up the windows 10 home with the same key . must be in the bios, How can I use my new key to get windows 10 pro installed ? ive tried...
  10. New Dell Computer - how to choose type of acct w/ first turn on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New Dell Computer - how to choose type of acct w/ first turn on: May I ask, how is the Administrator of a computer determined? Am I, as a new owner of this computer, automatically made the administrator? Computer: Dell XPS 8920, Windows 10Pro, two drives (SSD with OS and hard drive for storage) If so, how does the system identify...