Windows 10: Got one more for ya (navigation pane sorting)

Discus and support Got one more for ya (navigation pane sorting) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So i managed to add a few custom items to my navigation pane (since all cloud storage providers just HAVE to be different) problem is, they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by klepp0906, May 27, 2017.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Got one more for ya (navigation pane sorting)

So i managed to add a few custom items to my navigation pane (since all cloud storage providers just HAVE to be different)

problem is, they are added to the bottom. I'd like to group them up with the others.

namely next to dropbox/above This PC instead of at the very bottom.

Been digging around here or there for the last few days with minimal progress. Any one know the m.o. for this?

:)

klepp0906, May 27, 2017

2. Windows 10 File Explorer - Navigation Pane Sorting

I arrange folders by project number. By default, the navigation pane is arranging them in an ascending order. I may be going crazy but it seems that in previous versions I was able to sort in descending order. This configuration saves a lot of time because
    the most recent project numbers are on top. Does anyone know if it's possible to change the sorting order in the navigation pane? I've done a lot of searching on the internet and have come up with nothing. If it's required, I'm comfortable making registry
    changes.

Thank you!

ZachBroyles, May 27, 2017
  3. RPG17A Win User
    Windows 10 File Explorer - Navigation Pane Sorting

Hi

I store all my files and folders in Documents in Library. When I open documents all folders appear in a column as I'm sure yours do. Click the view tab and in the "Current View" section click drop down arrow on the Sort By icon there are some methods of
    sorting including descending, I hope this is what you need, if not sorry.

RPG17A, May 27, 2017
Thema:

Got one more for ya (navigation pane sorting)

1. Got one more for ya (navigation pane sorting) - Similar Threads - Got more navigation

2. Navigation pane shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation pane shortcut: To control the navigation pane in File Explorer a user must click view > show > navigation pane. I understand that there is no keyboard shortcut built in Windows 11 to perform that operation. However, could someone please reply with instructions on how I could create my own...
  3. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  4. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  5. Navigation pane blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Navigation pane blank: Hey all, We have a user that is having an issue with her navigation pane when she saves attachments from Outlook. Whether she saves one or multiple attachments and the File Explorer window comes up to save the whole navigation pane is blank see picture. Any quick fixes?...
  6. One Drive for Business not appearing in Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive for Business not appearing in Navigation Pane: Hi I recently bought a new laptop and in setting it up my OneDrive for Business is not appearing in the navigation pane of my file explorer as it did with my previous laptop. I have logged into my account in word and it appears as normal in there, and I can access word...
  7. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  8. How to sort "This PC" or "Quick Access" in Navigation Pane?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to sort "This PC" or "Quick Access" in Navigation Pane?: Hey folks, I am currently trying to move "This PC" to the top of the navigation pane, or - alternatively - move the "Quick Access" to the very bottom. Is there any possible way? I have found (and used) ways for every other entry, but not those 2. I have even...
  9. Navigation Pane Blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane Blank: Hi guys, Got this weird issue that's started today, for some reason my navigation pane is blank.... [img] 38052
  10. Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane: Can anyone tell me how to get the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer to expand to show the sub folders. If I right click the folder, 'Expand' is greyed out. This has only happened since the AU. Thank you 64888

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sort this pc navigation pane windows 10