Windows 10: Got weird tile name and can't open any of these apps!

Discus and support Got weird tile name and can't open any of these apps! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello!*Smile Recently, one of my laptop just got this error*Sad [img] I have tried to reinstall windows metro app by using this command at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ZenR, Feb 6, 2016.

1. ZenR Win User

Got weird tile name and can't open any of these apps!

Hello!*Smile

Recently, one of my laptop just got this error*Sad

Got weird tile name and can't open any of these apps! [​IMG]

I have tried to reinstall windows metro app by using this command at powershell (admin) :
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode}

But when I tried to do it, this error message shows up!
    I copied one of the error show in the powershell :
    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered.
    Merge Failure : error 0x80070003 : Cannot register the Microsoft.WindowsCamera_2016.128.10.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe package because
    there was a merge failure with the following file: C:\Program
    Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsCamera_2016.128.10.0_neutral_split.scale-125_8wekyb3d8bbwe\resources.pri
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 6a05672a-619a-0002-2cc2-066a9a61d101 in the Event Log or use the command
    line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 6a05672a-619a-0002-2cc2-066a9a61d101
    At line:1 char:38
    + ... | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmani ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Program File...ppxmanifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Not just my Camera app, but my other metro apps suffers the same problem and message!
    I have searched many thread about this problem and one of the way is to reinstall/refresh my Windows!
    I don't want to refresh my laptop or format...

So is there any way to fix this issue?*sarc
    Sorry for my bad grammar
    Thanks!*Smile

:)

ZenR, Feb 6, 2016
  2. srino Win User

Windows 10 Mobile People live tile doesn't display pictures

In the people app, when you open the live tile, the names have a grey circle next to it containing the person's initials. So no pictures there either. With my previous Lumia phone, the pictures appeared in the tile and inside the app. Weird. And the same
    accounts have been added to the app, Facebook, Outlook and Messaging as were in the previous phone, using WM 8.1.

srino, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Having trouble with 7.8 update for Lumia 800

I've got the update and got lots of pretty new colours, got the Bluetooth app from the marketplace, can't find the ringtone app anywhere and can't find any way of re sizing tiles.

Was the latter part of this update?

caitlin1759, Feb 6, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 6, 2016
  5. ZenR Win User
    Oh, I see!
    But for now I can't try out your tutorials..*Think
    I am downloading a large file...
    So, after the download finish I will try it out!
    Thanks for your help, Brink!*Smile

ZenR, Feb 6, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. Please let us know how it went.

Brink, Feb 6, 2016
  7. ZenR Win User
    Got it! *Smile

ZenR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Got weird tile name and can't open any of these apps! - Similar Threads - Got weird tile

2. Weird app name preventing shutdown

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird app name preventing shutdown: Anyone have any idea what this app is? I tried searching online with no luck. Prevents shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/weird-app-name-preventing-shutdown/a1ad784d-8ae3-4fc8-9f85-975eef75e49b
  3. Windows10 Home can't open any apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows10 Home can't open any apps: I have a Dell Inspiron x64 running Windows10 Home. All of a sudden I can't open any apps including email, office products, iTunes. Primary error is windowsapps\microsoft.549981c3f5f10_3.2109.6305.0_x64_\win32bridge.server.exe not found. Tried fixes using SFC/Scannow....
  4. Windows10 Home can't open any apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 Home can't open any apps: I have a Dell Inspiron x64 running Windows10 Home. All of a sudden I can't open any apps including email, office products, iTunes. Primary error is windowsapps\microsoft.549981c3f5f10_3.2109.6305.0_x64_\win32bridge.server.exe not found. Tried fixes using SFC/Scannow....
  5. Can't open Microsoft Store. Can't open any Microsoft Store apps. Can't install any...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't open Microsoft Store. Can't open any Microsoft Store apps. Can't install any...: Hi, I am not able to open the Microsoft Store. Can't open any Microsoft Store apps. Can't install any Microsoft Edge Add-ons. I used the wsreset.exe in the run box. It resulted in an error: ms-windows-store: PurgeCaches. The app didn't start. I ran the Store...
  6. Can't open applications and got a problem named You'll need a new app to open this .exe file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open applications and got a problem named You'll need a new app to open this .exe file: When i open programs like discord chrome, league of legends I get the problem C:\Users\Eren\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\League of legends.ink Application not found same with Chrome but if i open it from my desktop it says You'll...
  7. Can't open links from any app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open links from any app: Not sure I can write this here but, on any app (TS, Discord, Steam etc...) I can't open links when I click on them. I thought it was just discord at first, but I can't anywhere. What might be the problem? It's the first time ever in my life that I experience this problem. It...
  8. Tiles Names Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiles Names Missing: Some of the names on my start page tiles are missing. Can I correct this? Also, one tile seems to have a sub-tile. How to make sub-tile the primary tile?...
  9. Tiles on Taskbar opens new tile when app opened

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiles on Taskbar opens new tile when app opened: Recently I've noticed that when I open a a program from the icon on the taskbar, a new icon appears on the taskbar with a blue line underneath. I get that that is showing me an open application but I'm pretty sure that it used to just put the blue line under the first icon....
  10. Can't open any windows store apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't open any windows store apps: Hello, I am having trouble with Windows Defender and Update. I am getting error 0x800705b4 for Defender and though I've searched online on how to fix the problem none of them seem to work. Also, my computer won't let me access the update & security portion of my settings....