Windows 10: GPEdit Error

Discus and support GPEdit Error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After the latest Windows update, Group Policy Editor displays an error when starting. After clicking OK twice, the error clears. This is the second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by johnpd, Apr 14, 2016.

1. johnpd Win User

GPEdit Error

After the latest Windows update, Group Policy Editor displays an error when starting. After clicking OK twice, the error clears. This is the second error that has occurred with GPEdit with Windows 10. A similar error occurred after the November update. Is there an easy way to fix this?

JohnD

:)

johnpd, Apr 14, 2016

2. This app has been blocked for your protection, mmc.exe

Solved Namespace error by renaming the applicable files.

gpedit error gone, but mmc.exe blocked error still exists :-(

Jimmy Sanby, Apr 14, 2016
  3. gpedit

Ok got it.

gpeditgpedit, Apr 14, 2016
  4. shimshom Win User
  5. johnpd Win User
    Thanks. You really have to wonder what kind of testing MS is doing before they release these updates.

JohnD

johnpd, Apr 14, 2016
  6. shimshom Win User
    You're welcome and seems we are the test for their updates

shimshom, Apr 17, 2016
  7. ronniejp Win User
    That "fix" was problematic for me. Although it fixed the Group Policy error message, when I ran SFC /SCANNOW it found corruption that it couldn't repair. So I ran DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and it restored the component store corruption. Then, SFC /SCANNOW was able to fix the corrupted file. After looking in the CBS log, the file that it "repaired" was the WindowsStore.admx that I modified using that link. So, I think for now, I'd prefer to live with the gpedit.msc error message.

ronniejp, Apr 23, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

GPEdit Error

dalchina, Apr 24, 2016
  9. Just copy back the old WindowsStore.admx. It will be necessary change permissions of the file. First set the new owner (right click the file -> properties -> security -> advanced -> change owner). Then edit the permissions for the administrator (full control). Delete the file and copy the old one. Remember to set Trustedinstaller as the owner of this old file (to do this add "nt service\Trustedinstaller" and set it's permissions to full control).

The file is in the folder c:\Windows\Policy Definitions.

robertoglioche, May 10, 2016
  10. derekimo Win User
    It seems to have been fixed in today's update for me, I don't get the error anymore.

derekimo, May 10, 2016
  11. johnpd Win User
    I agree. Now fixed.

JohnD

johnpd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

GPEdit Error

1. GPEdit Error - Similar Threads - GPEdit Error

2. I can't access my regedit, gpedit and cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access my regedit, gpedit and cmd: Hi everyone.BackgroundSo i happened to have an issues where suddenly a couple of blue PowerShell windows would pop-up on my screen and disappear before I could even read anything. So I suspected that it might be some sneaky virus. So I tried everything. Scanned my system with...
  3. I can't access my regedit, gpedit and cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access my regedit, gpedit and cmd: Hi everyone.BackgroundSo i happened to have an issues where suddenly a couple of blue PowerShell windows would pop-up on my screen and disappear before I could even read anything. So I suspected that it might be some sneaky virus. So I tried everything. Scanned my system with...
  4. disabling windows driver updates through gpedit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disabling windows driver updates through gpedit: is it okay to disable driver updates through group policy edit.Will there be any performance issues such as wifi problem in the future.i have third party paid antivirus installed on my windows 11 pro 23h2...
  5. disabling windows driver updates through gpedit

disabling windows driver updates through gpedit: is it okay to disable driver updates through group policy edit.Will there be any performance issues such as wifi problem in the future.i have third party paid antivirus installed on my windows 11 pro 23h2...
  6. Gpedit Google Group Policy Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gpedit Google Group Policy Question: I am just a regular home user and I am a tech novice. I know nothing about the computer. And I am using an regular windows 10 pro. I don't know what domain-joined or MDM-managed computers are. And I do not want to know either. So plz don't tell me anything about them. All I...
  7. iam getting this error while installing gpedit on win11, i followed the procedure which was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iam getting this error while installing gpedit on win11, i followed the procedure which was...: recently tried tried to install gpedit on win11 this error pops up while running enabler batch file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iam-getting-this-error-while-installing-gpedit-on/bafac48b-f91a-4a15-a91a-3e70c7fb25ae
  8. iam getting this error while installing gpedit on win11, i followed the procedure which was...

iam getting this error while installing gpedit on win11, i followed the procedure which was...: recently tried tried to install gpedit on win11 this error pops up while running enabler batch file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iam-getting-this-error-while-installing-gpedit-on/bafac48b-f91a-4a15-a91a-3e70c7fb25ae
  9. Correct Choice to Disable Windows Error Reporting in gpedit.

in Windows 10 Support
    Correct Choice to Disable Windows Error Reporting in gpedit.: Hello all, In gpedit, I see two locations to deal with Windows Error Reporting. Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Error Reporting: Disable Windows Error Reporting and Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates >...
  10. Can't open gpedit. Due to Group Policy Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open gpedit. Due to Group Policy Error: My gpedit.msc won't open because I have some sort of Goup Policy Error. I have tried fixing the issue by using secpol. There is also no files in my Group Policy file in system 32...