Windows 10: gpedit.msc suddenly missing | Can't check updates

Discus and support gpedit.msc suddenly missing | Can't check updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey guys, so I got tired of my laptop restarting without my authorization in the middle of the night because it was trying to be helpful and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Chevko, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Chevko Win User

gpedit.msc suddenly missing | Can't check updates

Hey guys, so I got tired of my laptop restarting without my authorization in the middle of the night because it was trying to be helpful and my boyfriend wasn't being any help when I tried to ask him about how he prevented it from restarting. (LSS: changing update settings does not help.)

So I did a google. I found you can change it in the group policy editor. So I went ahead and did that.

Now it's gone. I stg I freaking had it. I went through and disabled the update. I can't change this without gpedit.msc as far as I'm aware.

I'm trying to check for updates before I restart my laptop so I can get rid of Yontoo entirely. Now I'm afraid to restart my computer because I don't know how long it's been missing.

Can someone help me here? I have no idea what to do at this point, if it's even a thing I can download.

Edit: Actually, the issue is likely lying with CrystalDiskInfo. A friend used it to look at my SSD because it's been acting super weird lately and now I've got searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net, Yontoo, and SearchMoreKnow on my machine. Any and all help is greatly appreciated, even if it's just links because something​ is a pain in the ass.

:)

Chevko, Nov 18, 2015

2. gpedit.msc

i can't find gpedit.msc setting

i find both setting but can't find gpedit.msc setting

what I do now?

sindhutomar, Nov 18, 2015
  3. lumia 2520 some apps dissappeared

Suddenly, one day I realised that some of the apps were missing. Checked everywhere, in my apps it says I purchased them, if I install them again it says installed, but can't find them anywhere. Can anybody help?

brianofernandes, Nov 18, 2015
  4. Chevko Win User

'kay, so this may not be that it's just missing, but that my SSD is going through rapid failure.

Great.

I'll have news on Sunday.

Chevko, Nov 19, 2015
Thema:

1. gpedit.msc suddenly missing | Can't check updates - Similar Threads - gpedit msc suddenly

2. Can't check the updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't check the updates: Hello. A couple of days ago I paused windows updates because my wifi was slow and yesterday I wanted to unpause them but the tab won't load. I waited for 10 minutes and it was still loading . I have the same problem today. submitted by /u/M-Crossy1 [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows Update - missing "check for updates" button

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - missing "check for updates" button: Hi, We have a large number with computers running Windows 10 version 1607, long time not updated not my fault. We decided to update all of these computers but we having troubles. Even if we try to update via Windows Update or via installation media, after update complete...
  4. Gpedit

Gpedit: Would it work if I was to use group policy to disable updates until I see fit then re enable updates when I want to update submitted by /u/Aggravating_Serve665 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwanql/gpedit/
  5. GPEDIT 'Administrative Templates' Missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    GPEDIT 'Administrative Templates' Missing: I am missing some items in the Local Group Policy editor gpedit.msc &secpol.msc also missing [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpedit-administrative-templates-missing/fe6cb113-d8bb-44be-b7e3-3921bc683d99
  6. Can't Check for Windows Update

Can't Check for Windows Update: It's been a month since the last update I received and I know something's wrong, so I manually check for update, but I got an error (0x80080005). I tried to google it but the problem's still there. I found out that one WU service is missing, wuauserv. I tried to use the...
  7. gpedit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gpedit: Tengo el editor de directivas de grupo local. al revisar su contenido observo que le faltan carpetas se pueden actualizar este editor. Se pueden descargar los archivos, se puede hacer algo.o automáticamente se va actualizando. agradezco algún comentario.GRACIAS...
  8. Can't Access gpedit

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Access gpedit: First i was getting the error that i can't access the gpedit because i'm not admin. My windows 10 acc is admin so i don't get it why won't windows let me edit gpedit. I browsed the internet for days and didn't find a solution, i then deleted Registry.pol from system32 and now...
  9. "Notify for download & Notify for install" missing - GPEDIT

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Notify for download & Notify for install" missing - GPEDIT: Recently did a fresh install of Win10 Spring update.I'm accustomed to using option (2) in Group Policy Editor which lets Windows notify me to download updates and notify me to install them once downloaded. However, this no longer seems to be an option as the only thing i can...
  10. Check for Updates is missing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Check for Updates is missing: Hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction. I've been working with a handful of Windows 10 boxes through the various releases of the tech preview to clean installs using RTM media and I've had a recurring problem. Normally, to get to Windows Updates, I click on...
Tags: