Windows 10: GPO Mapped network Drives mapping in Win 10 but not Win 7

Discus and support GPO Mapped network Drives mapping in Win 10 but not Win 7 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a medium sized network running. We are currently migrating and updating our shared folder systems. The old system is running Win 2k8 R2 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Trix Rahbit, Jan 25, 2016.

1. GPO Mapped network Drives mapping in Win 10 but not Win 7

I have a medium sized network running. We are currently migrating and updating our shared folder systems. The old system is running Win 2k8 R2 and still has the old mapped drives running what we haven't migrated. The new shared folders are on a new server Win 2012 R2 with a different folder structure and everything. Half the computers in the building run Win 7 Pro and the other half Win 10 Pro. Here is my issue. On every single Win 10 computer every drive maps and can be accessed normally, however the new shared drive DOES NOT map to any Win 7 machine. I created a Hyper V win 7 machine and on my Win 10 machine I have all my folders however when I log into that Win 7 machine only the home drives(located on the new share server) and the old shared drives seem to map. I have switched the Drive Maps to Update Create Replace, I have checked all permissions even though it seems not permission related as I can get to it on any win 10 machine. Any advice?*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad

:)

Trix Rahbit, Jan 25, 2016

2. No sharing folders displaying on explorer windows 10 pro

Hi,

I have a domain with win 7 pro computers and i can get all mapping drives displaying on network location (Explorer). But when i connect a new computer with windows 10 pro, no mapping drives dispalying on the explorer. For your information i have gpo with
    script logon (.vbs file) for mapping drives and printers.

Yours

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Hamid Terrab, Jan 25, 2016
  3. Window 7 upgrade to Windows 10 GPO mapped drives won't connect automatically

Hello,

Window 7 upgrade to Windows 10 GPO mapped drives won't connect automatically but i can manually map network drive. In our GPO after you login in Windows 10 automatically it should be connected immediately.

RomeoAlalayin, Jan 25, 2016
  4. GPO Mapped network Drives mapping in Win 10 but not Win 7

Traced it through logs it appears to be a script failure from GPO saying it cannot find the specified file. Also appears to be giving Access denied when trying to manually map and doesnt map home drives or the shared drive to the win 2k8 server but it does to the win 2k12 server

Trix Rahbit, Jan 25, 2016
  5. Ended up being Access Based Enumeration somehow.

Trix Rahbit, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

GPO Mapped network Drives mapping in Win 10 but not Win 7

1. GPO Mapped network Drives mapping in Win 10 but not Win 7 - Similar Threads - GPO Mapped network

2. Network drive mappings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network drive mappings: I have a vintage NAS: Blackarmor 220. I have to use drive mappings to access files on the drive because Microsoft decided I couldn't use what used to work. Periodically, a new version of Windows 11 is installed and all of my drive mappings to my NAS stop working. Often, I can...
  3. Mapping Network Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapping Network Drives: Both my PC and my Wife's laptop are running Win 11 with no problems.I managed to map the laptop C drive to my PC but when I tried the other way around I accidentally mapped my public drive to her laptop.I have unmapped it; however, when I try to map my C drive to her laptop,...
  4. Mapping a network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mapping a network drive: I'm trying to connect to a webdav server via the "map network drive feature". I feel like i've had success in the past with entering https://192.168.1.45:5201<---- thats not a real link I can connect to it everywhere else... submitted by /u/rexlx [link] [comments]...
  5. Mapping a network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping a network drive: I am trying to map a network drive from one Windows 10 PC to a shared USB drive on another Windows 10 PC. I have two USB drives in this PC. One I can share successfully. When I try to map to the other one it keeps asking for Windows credentials. I have password protected...
  6. GPO Drive Mapping Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPO Drive Mapping Change: Hi, I use GPO's for drive mapping using security groups. We setup a new server and moved the contents of a share from the old server to the new one. So we went from \\server-share\share to \\shared-server\shares\share$. I set the GPO to the new path \\shared-server\share$...
  7. Drive mapping GPO take time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Drive mapping GPO take time: Dear all, I've a drive mapping GPO. It takes more than 1 minute to logon. I've try several options (create/update/recreate) reconnect or not & wait network & logon without success. Now I've enable the GPO trace on my windows 10 laptop. I see more than 1 minute for...
  8. Map Network drive

Map Network drive: Having an issue with mapping network drive with my local Netgear device. The id/password for attaching to the netgear device is local to the device and is not joined to a domain. My windows 10 laptop is joined to a domain. When I try to map a drive, such as...
  9. Map Network Drive

Map Network Drive: What to do with the following error: "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured: We can't sign you in with this credential because your domain isn't available. Make sure your device is connected to your organization's network...
  10. network mapping in win explorer

network mapping in win explorer: *Sad Has anyone found any fixes for the several problems with network mapping? 7185