Windows 10: GPO settings being ignored

Discus and support GPO settings being ignored in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, So I have configured in my GPO settings to push down the CD/DVD write as disabled for laptops. In essence meaning that users that fall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stixx, Aug 29, 2017.

1. stixx Win User

GPO settings being ignored

Hello all,

So I have configured in my GPO settings to push down the CD/DVD write as disabled for laptops. In essence meaning that users that fall under the laptop groups can use the optical drive.

Now as of recent August updates, users are now randomly not able to do what they've been doing for 4+ years.

Nothing has changed on AV side either as most people don't have this problem just a few. Seemingly enough, may be completely unrelated, these are the same users that are your typical impatient windows users. When updates happen they turn the computer off mid way.

My question is could interrupting they update mess with the registry settings? I still for some reason didn't check the gpresult / do a gpupdate.

Look forward to your replies

:)

stixx, Aug 29, 2017
  2. wi7bit Win User

Windows Defender on Windows 10 Ignores GPO Settings

Can anyone shed any light on why Windows Defender on Windows 10 Pro ignores all it's group policy settings?

I'm trying to set the definition to check for updates every hour and to schedule a quick scan, but it just doesn't seem to want to do either.

I've checked the RSoP and they are applying, but just being ignored.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

wi7bit, Aug 29, 2017
  3. wi7bit Win User
    wi7bit, Aug 29, 2017
Thema:

GPO settings being ignored

1. GPO settings being ignored - Similar Threads - GPO settings being

2. Sleep Timer Settings Are Being Ignored

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep Timer Settings Are Being Ignored: I am having trouble with my Lenovo Yoga 7i 16" running Windows 11 falling asleep extremely quickly. I primarily use my laptop for schoolwork where I am constantly shifting focus from the computer to books or paper, and it's reallllllllly annoying that every time I look down I...
  3. Sleep Timer Settings Are Being Ignored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Timer Settings Are Being Ignored: I am having trouble with my Lenovo Yoga 7i 16" running Windows 11 falling asleep extremely quickly. I primarily use my laptop for schoolwork where I am constantly shifting focus from the computer to books or paper, and it's reallllllllly annoying that every time I look down I...
  4. Edge totally ignores the ABOUT:BLANK GPO setting

in Browsers and Email
    Edge totally ignores the ABOUT:BLANK GPO setting: Do not get me wrong here, I like the new Edge Chromium, but if MS does not let users to choose whatever the New Tab content may be, then I meed to leave this browser and choose something else... I even downloaded the Edge policy templates and imported them into my local GPO...
  5. hosts file being ignored

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hosts file being ignored: it seems windows 10 completely quit respecting any rules in my hosts file, what happened? submitted by /u/aNomadicNut [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h7ir7a/hosts_file_being_ignored/
  6. Hosts file is being ignored

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hosts file is being ignored: I tried blocking some websites with the hosts file and it completely gets ignored. I did all possible access ways for the website and still can access it. It's been awhile but either way I don't need to put all the possible ways, just what I type, no? e.g tenforums.com should...
  7. Hosts file is being ignored

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosts file is being ignored: I tried blocking some websites with the hosts file and it completely gets ignored. I did all possible access ways for the website and still can access it. It's been awhile but either way I don't need to put all the possible ways, just what I type, no? e.g tenforums.com should...
  8. Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings Being Ignored

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings Being Ignored: I have my screen and power settings set to Never for both battery and power to keep from timing out. However, Windows 10 completely ignores me and powers down / goes to sleep regardless. How can this be corrected so that the settings are actually taken? Please advise?...
  9. LAA Flag Being Ignored.

in Windows 10 Customization
    LAA Flag Being Ignored.: I'm on Windows 10 1803 and am trying to apply the LAA flag to an older application. The flag is being applied but not handled. The application still runs out of memory at about 2 Gb's instead of 4 as it should. Using a tool to view current flags it shows that it is applied...
  10. Hosts file being ignored

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hosts file being ignored: I have 3 Windows 10 machines, and the hosts file is being ignored by ALL browsers (Edge, Chrome, Firefox) on ALL 3 machines. Yes, I know how to edit the hosts file, been doing it for 20 years. But just actually checked a few websites, and the 127.0.0.1 entries are ignored...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpupdate being ignored

2. windows 1903 update ignores gpo settins

3. gpo not push down in window 1903

4. internet proxy settings being ignored