Windows 10: GPSVC Error

Discus and support GPSVC Error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all. I put together a custom system build recently with Windows 10 Pro OS; I've had it up & running for about 2 weeks. Yesterday, after some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pez, Apr 9, 2017.

1. PEZ
    Pez Win User

GPSVC Error

Hi all.

I put together a custom system build recently with Windows 10 Pro OS; I've had it up & running for about 2 weeks.

Yesterday, after some Windows Updates downloaded, I did a restart to complete their installation. Got to the login screen, entered my password, and pressed the Enter key. There's the little circle animation spinning....and spinning. I figured it can sometimes take a while depending on the updates (if it was a large size).

But nope, that wasn't it.

After about 10 minutes, a little box appears on-screen: "The GPSVC service failed the sign-in. The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported." It had an "OK" button, I clicked it, it went back to the sign-in screen, entered my password once more, and this time it went to my desktop.

Yes, I know what GPSVC is (Group Policy). But.....isn't this something that's usually reserved for computers on a Domain? My home computer is a Workstation.

I did some searching on the 'Net, and evidently, according to some articles and postings I came across on tech forums, people with Workstation computers like me have come across this issue as well.

Some of the articles I came across assume that you are using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager or System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager if you see this error. This is not a server I'm using, it's my Workstation desktop. *Wink

Another article I came across has some instructions to do a Registry edit, and then some CMD text to enter; here's a link:
    https://www.kapilarya.com/the-group-...ed-the-sign-in

That article look legit? Not sure if the article is referencing desktops or servers. And, the article was written back in 2015, so it may even be referencing Windows 8.

Would the Registry edit and CMD text in that article work for me on my Workstation computer? Or can you tell if the info given is mainly for servers or computers on a Domain?

So....anybody heard of this GPSVC error on a Workstation desktop computer before? Gosh, my new system build with some primo parts, and now this error!! *Tongue

Thanks for any info,

:)

2. The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported after Windows update

I still get this error even after running this registry add command manually

BWilkerson217, Apr 9, 2017
  3. torbar Win User
    Login Error: Windows coulcn't connect to the group policy client

Morning

I was unable to take ownership of the gpsvc entry. I am logged on as an Administrator and receive the Access Denied error message. I highlight gpsvs; right click or edit/permissions.

Bob

torbar, Apr 9, 2017
Thema:

GPSVC Error

1. GPSVC Error - Similar Threads - GPSVC Error

2. connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...: When you turn on the laptop, it appears in the sentence When you turn on the laptop, it appears in the sentence - connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not recognized...
  3. connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...: When you turn on the laptop, it appears in the sentence When you turn on the laptop, it appears in the sentence - connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not recognized...
  4. connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Please wait for the GPSVC when shutting down Windows computer

in Windows 10 News
    Please wait for the GPSVC when shutting down Windows computer: [IMG]If you receive the message Please wait for the GPSVC when shutting down the Windows computer, it simply means that the Group Policy service is taking longer than expected to update the settings and complete its tasks. But at times, your computer may regularly see this...
  6. windows cannot connect to gpsvc service event log service is unavilable cannot launch...

windows cannot connect to gpsvc service event log service is unavilable cannot launch...: Hi team,I bought a new laptop and i have done the work to install softwares. But then I found the boot progress take long while stuck at 'please wait' circling screen. And at a half chance when log into windows I can see a warning at right-bottom corner, saying "cannot...
  7. Hi, i have the GPSVC error and i cant open the Regedit is there a other method i can fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, i have the GPSVC error and i cant open the Regedit is there a other method i can fix it?: I cant open regedit so i cant fix my GPSVC Error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-have-the-gpsvc-error-and-i-cant-open-the/fe98d0cf-c25b-4940-aa89-4e966c5b2ff4
  8. Hi, i have the GPSVC error and i cant open the Regedit is there a other method i can fix it?

Hi, i have the GPSVC error and i cant open the Regedit is there a other method i can fix it?: I cant open regedit so i cant fix my GPSVC Error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-have-the-gpsvc-error-and-i-cant-open-the/fe98d0cf-c25b-4940-aa89-4e966c5b2ff4
  9. Hi, i have the GPSVC error and i cant open the Regedit is there a other method i can fix it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Errors gpsvc failed sign in, UUID not supported

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Errors gpsvc failed sign in, UUID not supported: Hello, Tried logging in and after attempted ended up with a black screen. Rig is a Toshiba satellite L75, Win 10 upgraded from 8.1, 500 GB, 4GB. Basically can't / won't do anything. Suspect system tried to upgrade to the Anniversary version and went south. What can I do to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the gpsvc service failed to sign-in the universal unique identifier (uud) type is not supported

2. please wait for the gpsvc 2021

3. gpsvc

4. please wait for the gpsvc