Windows 10: GPT or MBR

Discus and support GPT or MBR in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Or MBR or GPT Asus laptop with 8.1 installed. One disk, 2 partitions. I've installed 10 a number of times, VM and dual boot on desktop. Went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cfourkays, Jun 24, 2015.

1. cfourkays Win User

GPT or MBR

Or MBR or GPT
    Asus laptop with 8.1 installed. One disk, 2 partitions.
    I've installed 10 a number of times, VM and dual boot on desktop.

Went to install 10, dual boot.

When I got to picking the partition, said "Cannot be installed, selected disk is of the MBR partition type."

Installed my Aomei Partition Assistant and changed to Disk to GPT.

Now when I go to select the disk, it says "Cannot be installed, selected disk is of the GPT partition type.

Now what???

Pete

:)

cfourkays, Jun 24, 2015
  2. qinada Win User

Windows Installation

On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks. If you use MBR disk, you will receive this error message: Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. You can convert MBR to GPT and try it again.

qinada, Jun 24, 2015
  3. Smittychat., Jun 24, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

GPT or MBR

brummyfan, Jun 24, 2015
  5. cfourkays Win User
    Thanks,
    I remember somewhere about using "rufus" to load the 10 on a usb. I'll give it a try.

cfourkays, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

GPT or MBR

1. GPT or MBR - Similar Threads - GPT MBR

2. converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work: HiIm trying to convert my boot disk to GPT so I could boot to UEFI rather than legacy mode.I try to go GPT but it says this on CMD:I tried to follow another guy with the same problem adding 200mb of free memory:But still it didnt work.What do I do?...
  3. converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work: HiIm trying to convert my boot disk to GPT so I could boot to UEFI rather than legacy mode.I try to go GPT but it says this on CMD:I tried to follow another guy with the same problem adding 200mb of free memory:But still it didnt work.What do I do?...
  4. converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. If bootrec.exe /fixmbr is Use to Fix MBR Filesystems, What's the Parameter for GPT...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If bootrec.exe /fixmbr is Use to Fix MBR Filesystems, What's the Parameter for GPT...: Hi Microsoft friends.If bootrec.exe /fixmbr is use to fix MBR filesystems, what's the parameter for GPT filesystems? is it /fixgpt?Also, which part of this article fixes the Windows Recovery wherein you can boot to Windows PE, right now when I hold Shift + Restart, it doesn't...
  6. If bootrec.exe /fixmbr is Use to Fix MBR Filesystems, What's the Parameter for GPT...

If bootrec.exe /fixmbr is Use to Fix MBR Filesystems, What's the Parameter for GPT...: Hi Microsoft friends.If bootrec.exe /fixmbr is use to fix MBR filesystems, what's the parameter for GPT filesystems? is it /fixgpt?Also, which part of this article fixes the Windows Recovery wherein you can boot to Windows PE, right now when I hold Shift + Restart, it doesn't...
  7. MBR to GPT; 25GB Factory Recovery partition for windows; ASUS laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MBR to GPT; 25GB Factory Recovery partition for windows; ASUS laptop: I have an ASUS laptop with a 25GB factory recovery partition of 64bit windows on MBR disk drive. Since this partition contains the image of windows 64bit which should support UEFI and GPT, will I be able to use this partition for factory recovery if I convert my drive from...
  8. MBR to GPT; 25GB Factory Recovery partition for windows; ASUS laptop

MBR to GPT; 25GB Factory Recovery partition for windows; ASUS laptop: I have an ASUS laptop with a 25GB factory recovery partition of 64bit windows on MBR disk drive. Since this partition contains the image of windows 64bit which should support UEFI and GPT, will I be able to use this partition for factory recovery if I convert my drive from...
  9. I'm trying to convert my c drive from MBR to GPT so I can install windows 11 but every time...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to convert my c drive from MBR to GPT so I can install windows 11 but every time...: I've included a disk management screenshot because I think its probably something to do with that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-convert-my-c-drive-from-mbr-to-gpt-so/bf690e99-8380-4279-bbc1-57e39f8522a4
  10. I'm trying to convert my c drive from MBR to GPT so I can install windows 11 but every time...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm trying to convert my c drive from MBR to GPT so I can install windows 11 but every time...: I've included a disk management screenshot because I think its probably something to do with that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-convert-my-c-drive-from-mbr-to-gpt-so/bf690e99-8380-4279-bbc1-57e39f8522a4