Windows 10: GPT or ??? New Install Build 14332

Discus and support GPT or ??? New Install Build 14332 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I created bootable flash drive using Rufus. The source is a downloaded windows 10 insider build 14332. It's official, check below.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cfourkays, May 6, 2016.

1. cfourkays Win User

GPT or ??? New Install Build 14332

I created bootable flash drive using Rufus.
    The source is a downloaded windows 10 insider build 14332. It's official, check below.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...P7YwGMT7WTLqUA)()

When I boot I'm told, "windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style".
    This always confuses me. Is the reason that the disk IS partitioned GPT and needs to be changed or that my bootable media IS NOT needs to be changed.

Which way do I go?

Pete

:)

cfourkays, May 6, 2016

2. Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3147458)

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me assist you to fix the issue.

As per your information, since you are on Windows 10 Version 1511. I suggest you to install all the Windows updates and install the new build 14332. Check if you are facing the same issue. You can also go to the link for latest build 14332.

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332 - Windows Experience Blog

Hope this information is helpful for you. We look forward to hear from you for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, May 6, 2016
  3. Can not install back Windows 10

Unfortunately I lost my former istallation, I am in the Windows Insider Program an after the update to build 14332 my lap began to show propblems. I decided to reinstall to a clean install an now I can not even install any version of Windows, as it is showing
    an error: "Can not install Windows in this disk. It has a GPT format Style"-

What can I do to install without loosig the data on my disk, as it is partitioned and the data area is still healthy.

David Martínez Hernández, May 6, 2016
  4. pbcopter Win User

pbcopter, May 6, 2016
  5. Plankton Win User
    Plankton, May 6, 2016
  6. cfourkays Win User
    Thanks, guys
    Recreated the usb for GPT with Rufus.
    At the boot, I deleted the 3 small partitions that came with the original install and, bingo, the warning disappeared and 14332 is installing now.
    Pete

cfourkays, May 6, 2016
  7. cfourkays Win User
    And we did it without Brink.*chuckle

cfourkays, May 6, 2016
  8. GPT or ??? New Install Build 14332

He's always watching.

COMPUTIAC Guest, May 6, 2016
  9. Cliff S New Member
    GPT or ??? New Install Build 14332 [​IMG]

You just can't blink an you'll see him too!
    *Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2

Cliff S, May 6, 2016
  10. *Eek I knew it !
    GPT or ??? New Install Build 14332 [​IMG]

COMPUTIAC Guest, May 6, 2016
  11. cfourkays Win User
    Just looked back and found the Great Ghost first helped me on 6 May 2009 on the 7 forum.
    Thanks, Brink*Thumbs

cfourkays, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. GPT or ??? New Install Build 14332 - Similar Threads - GPT Install Build

2. new installation gpt not mbr

in Windows 10 Customization
    new installation gpt not mbr: I have assembled a new desktop computer that has eufi bios. My existing computer on which I am writing this question is a Legacy bios how do I get a win10 installed on the new one, as the "Media Creation Tool" copy won't work. Thanks Keith...
  3. Install Windows on a New Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows on a New Build: I'm working remotely because of COVID with my grandson to build a Windows computer. He is a real newbie and is paying for everything himself so I don't want to waste is money. Unfortunately, the case that he bought does not have the ability to mount a DVD drive. Being...
  4. New build issue with installation

New build issue with installation: Hi all I just got my last few parts for my build and now am having trouble with the installation of the os and other needed things. I have a MSI z270-a pro motherboard a msi gtx GeForce 8970 gpu i3-7100 7th gen cpu 16 gb of ddr4 ram and a current 1 tb ssd these are all...
  5. Installation on a new build

Installation on a new build: Hi, just after some advice. I am looking to build a new PC, and wasn't planning to install a DVD drive. Can I install Windows 10 completely from the USB version, or will it still need to download most of the operating system? I would prefer not to connect to the internet...
  6. installing with UEFI/GPT - 1803 build

installing with UEFI/GPT - 1803 build: trying to install a UEFI/GPT setup, but keep getting "unauthorised changes on firmware/OS or UEFI drivers" message. When i disable CSM/UEFI in BIOS it works but I cant seem to get the installer to create the extra three partitions for a proper install, only one. 120137
  7. Build 14332 upgrade stuck 'Preparing to install updates 100%'

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Build 14332 upgrade stuck 'Preparing to install updates 100%': I am trying to get my PC to upgrade to insider build 14332. At the moment I am on build 14316. I have sometimes seen build 14332 available in Settings/Update, but after trying to get this, the PC is now stuck with 'Preparing to install updates 100%' There is no $windows...
  8. New Build Won't Install

New Build Won't Install: I'm currently running 11082 and Windows update is attempting to push 14257 out to me but it's failing to install. The update downloads ok, but when I restart I boot into the windows repair menu instead of the upgrade screen. I've tried to do an automatic repair, but when...
  9. Windows 10 Anniversary SDK Preview Build 14332 Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary SDK Preview Build 14332 Released: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Today, we released a new Windows 10 Anniversary SDK Preview to be used in conjunction with Windows 10 Insider Preview (Build 14332 or greater). The Preview SDK is a pre-release and cannot be used in a production environment....
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Some languages and editions are still being propagated at the time of going live...