Windows 10: GPU and CPU usage very unstable

Discus and support GPU and CPU usage very unstable in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My GPU and CPU usage very unstable because of Windows Process' such as desktop window manager, client server runtime process and system.All of a sudden... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AltayK, Feb 24, 2024.

1. AltayK Win User

GPU and CPU usage very unstable

My GPU and CPU usage very unstable because of Windows Process' such as desktop window manager, client server runtime process and system.All of a sudden one of them use like 70% gpu and unusually high CPU such as 20 or 30 while idle. Not even in game. I've included a screenshot from process lasso. I've tried everything really scanning for malware nothing came up only thing I haven't done is assembling the setup all over again and reinstalling windows which would be very troubling for me.It causes lags and stutters for the most simplest actions such as even searching the web sounds crackling etc

:)

AltayK, Feb 24, 2024
  2. kenalbus Win User

Windows 10 CPU usage 100% when Nvidia GPU enabled

I've had the same problem, and have exactly the same GPU model. I was able to set the drivers back to factory default, but any update I've tried (including the most recent) causes the massive cpu usage. I've contacted tech support for both Nvidia and Asus,
    and followed all the steps they suggested, with no luck.

kenalbus, Feb 24, 2024
  3. VivXwan Win User
    100% CPU and GPU usage

Everything was fine until yesterday. Today it started with 100% CPU and GPU usage in Apex Legends. Upon further checks, its happening in all the games - Rainbow 6, GTA V. I do have a very strong feeling that it has something to do with windows, as we all
    have seen 100% CPU usage bug in the past.

Specifications:

i5-8600k

MSI 1060 6GB

16GB RAM

VivXwan, Feb 24, 2024
  4. GPU and CPU usage very unstable

CPU usage is greater than my GPU usage

Hello saadfaraj

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We appreciate that you've taken the time to post your concern here in Microsoft Community Forum.

I understand that you have an issue in regards to your CPU that has a greater usage to your GPU. Let's work together and find the best fix for the issue.

Here are the steps that could possibly fix the issue.

• Reboot
    Make sure to save all the files before restarting the PC.

• End or Restart Processes
    • Update Drivers
    • Scan for Malware
    • Power Options

GPU and CPU usage very unstable 65211ebc-7686-4823-b8b4-bb2b8065e9e6?upload=true.png

• Click “Show additional plans”, then enable a non-power saver plan.

GPU and CPU usage very unstable 2fad2dc5-11d0-4158-ab57-db10d89f9ea7?upload=true.png

Sincerely,

Consumer M365 Forum Moderator

Jason Guer, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

GPU and CPU usage very unstable

1. GPU and CPU usage very unstable - Similar Threads - GPU CPU usage

2. GPU and CPU usage very unstable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU and CPU usage very unstable: My GPU and CPU usage very unstable because of Windows Process' such as desktop window manager, client server runtime process and system.All of a sudden one of them use like 70% gpu and unusually high CPU such as 20 or 30 while idle. Not even in game. I've included a...
  3. 100% CPU Usage all of the time, BSOD Kmode Exception Not Handled, Very Unstable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% CPU Usage all of the time, BSOD Kmode Exception Not Handled, Very Unstable: Hello, I recently acquired an Asus G73sw laptop and I am having some issues with it. It originally came with what appeared to be a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. I got it all up and running, it seemed okay and took the updates and once it was done updating I shut it...
  4. 100% CPU Usage all of the time, BSOD Kmode Exception Not Handled, Very Unstable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% CPU Usage all of the time, BSOD Kmode Exception Not Handled, Very Unstable: Hello, I recently acquired an Asus G73sw laptop and I am having some issues with it. It originally came with what appeared to be a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. I got it all up and running, it seemed okay and took the updates and once it was done updating I shut it...
  5. 100% CPU Usage all of the time, BSOD Kmode Exception Not Handled, Very Unstable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. GPU spikes to 100 when closing certain apps, and cpu usage is very unstable and nervous...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GPU spikes to 100 when closing certain apps, and cpu usage is very unstable and nervous...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/slomspung [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lcr442/gpu_spikes_to_100_when_closing_certain_apps_and/
  7. Cpu usage very high

Cpu usage very high: My computer is fairly new, 16 gb of ram, decent computer overall, however I can barely run any game or even go on the internet because my cpu and disk usage will go from 5% to 100% in an instant and I have no idea why. I have tried everything i can possibly find on the...
  8. High CPU and low GPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU and low GPU usage: Hey guys I recently bought my laptop Acer nitro 5 And I have a ryzen 3550h mobile cpu and a gtx 1650 GPU .....and whatever game I play on uses 100% of cpu and 20 -50 % GPU ....and I get less frames as well ...plz help me on this submitted by /u/babadhiven [link]...
  9. 100% CPU and GPU usage

100% CPU and GPU usage: Everything was fine until yesterday. Today it started with 100% CPU and GPU usage in Apex Legends. Upon further checks, its happening in all the games - Rainbow 6, GTA V. I do have a very strong feeling that it has something to do with windows, as we all have seen 100% CPU...
  10. Dual GPU make my win10 very unstable

Dual GPU make my win10 very unstable: Hi, I have a two GPU(2 * 1080ti) PC and my PC crash frequently(black screen every few minutes) At first thouth it was GPU malfunction, so I test them individually, but both works good and win10 is stable then. But when put two GPU on the motherboard, the screen frequently...